• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Name: Ernesto Fernando Fuentes
Date of Birth: 1846
Party Affiliation: Independant
Background: Born in 1846 to Luis Fuentes and Rosa Juliana Sánchez de Tagle, Ernesto was of aristocratic blood, his mother being the Marquesa of Torre Tagle until 1820 when she fled Peru during its independance movement. His father was also a wealthy merchant who had retired in 1840. Ernesto attended a catholic school in Valdivia until 1864, in which he then went to the University of Chile and studied in areas such as law, medicine and philosophy; he completed university in 1874 with 8 degrees and for the next 5 years he took up the occupation of an attorney. Finally in 1879, bored with his current career, he left his job and decided to run independantly for the position of Senator in the region, with efficient campaigning he won with just over 60%. He has managed to hold onto that position since, winning re-election in 1885.

"I am truly grateful to all those who through their efforts defeated the greatest threat to Chile since the Empire. I give my congratulations to Gogolow, and I hope that he is an effective President. I would have preferred a right-wing candidate, but that is the problem with democracy."

Severiano Miramontes

((Also, forgot to add: I see what you did there with the title for the civil war.

EDIT: Also, I would really like to know the armies for General appointment.))

Uh... sort of in disarray at the moment. We can have up to 146 brigades and currently have 58 standing and another 22 in the process of recruiting. Since the entire army was basically just destroyed and is now being rebuilt, you ought to just go ahead and pick whatever composition you'd like.

((Also, since - as the update says - I'm a bit iffy on who're still alive, could you people please say if you are interested in a position? (or some such)))

Uh... sort of in disarray at the moment. We can have up to 146 brigades and currently have 58 standing and another 22 in the process of recruiting. Since the entire army was basically just destroyed and is now being rebuilt, you ought to just go ahead and pick whatever composition you'd like.

((Okay. What was our strength before the civil war?))

((Well, Dyranum, I would like to take a position, my new character is heavily patriotic to the Republic and would easily die for it, but as you can see by his bio, he is not a military man, he prefers government, but I am fine if you don't want me in the gov :) ))

((Well, Dyranum, I would like to take a position, my new character is heavily patriotic to the Republic and would easily die for it, but as you can see by his bio, he is not a military man, he prefers government, but I am fine if you don't want me in the gov :) ))

((sorry my ally. We are disenfranchised till after the next election))

((Hmm, I need a Republicano/nacionale for a cabinet spot. Any trustworthy dude up? (preferably generals as this is the war ministry post).
EDIT: I should be more clear: I need some military dude for the war ministry (The FNT doesn't really have any military men. Proves how much of a bunch of pacifists we are. :D).

EDIT2: Another thing, do we even have any Admirals now? Or can generals be converted to Admirals?))

((Roseno and Miramontes are a former Nacional and Republicano respectively, and both are former generals.

As for admirals, I believe that we only had the one, Alvarez, who is now Chief of Staff.))

((Roseno and Miramontes are a former Nacional and Republicano respectively, and both are former generals.

As for admirals, I believe that we only had the one, Alvarez, who is now Chief of Staff.))

((Roseno is deceased, so that doesn't work.))

((The Chilean Army requires 31-32 years of active service in order to qualify for General de Brigada (Brigadier). That's why we have separate military characters, since you have to have spent your whole life in the army to become a general.))

((The Chilean Army requires 31-32 years of active service in order to qualify for General de Brigada (Brigadier). That's why we have separate military characters, since you have to have spent your whole life in the army to become a general.))

((Never mind then.))

((Hey, uh, what General dudes are still alive? I'm having a hard time coming up with enough Generals (can only remember 4).))

(( I would suggest one of the Communist military characters - and in order to not have a member of the party leadership in your cabinet (Renin or Guerrero, both military men), it might be a nice olive branch to appoint Mario Juarez one of the smaller generalships. ))

((Oh, yeah, I forgot about you guys. Still, your talk of Revolution all the time makes you a bit...should I say unreliable? :D))

((This general dude is still alive, but don't count on him for seeking such an office. That ever elusive treasury ministry would be wonderful, though *wink, wink*))

((This general dude is still alive, but don't count on him for seeking such an office. That ever elusive treasury ministry would be wonderful, though *wink, wink*))

((I think I'll put Mr. Santa Rosa far away in some tropical resort where he can live out his last days...If Alvarez agrees, that is. :D
(Partly just to spite you for being so gosh darned long-lived, arrgh! There's some sort of word in Russian (I think) for people like Santa Rosa, which translates as something like: Refuses to die)))

Last edited:
((Don't I've picked the date; it's fairly clever (in my opinion)! And it would definitely ease the mind of the laissez-faire proponents who voted for you simply because you weren't a communist ;). Regardless, he'll be gone in... about two years, so that tropical island probably isn't necessary... unless the zombies do return; you've been warned Cesar! :p ))