• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I dont believe we need more rope, because we plan on pardoning every single one of you freedom hating gentleman (and gentlewoman...) ;-).

((Oh, now this is going to be VERY interesting.))

((For the hangings.))

"You are confused, Señor Aragon. The people shall not allow this travesty of justice to succeed. They shall see all of you traitors to freedom swinging from the lamp posts of Santiago!"
- Ferran Martí
((Ah, my bad))

If the people will hate the new order, then let them shoot their beloved general who will hand it to them. Mr. Zepeda's waltz through Santiago will be greeted with cheers I do declare.

(Its incredible that in all this time, this is only the second Coup which has a chance of success.)

I ccan't believe my fellow partymen consider establishing a plutocratic democracy when we were so close to establishing the one true social-liberal democracy. But it is easier to change an organization from the inside out, so I will do my best to include the FNT and try to preserve it's structure without bloodshed. I believe that a benevolent dictator is no better than any other dictator, but a benevolent advisor to a dictator can change a lot in a difficult world. I will follow my partymen into their struggle, but will not forget the plight of the workers.

-Tarquino Zepeda

If the people will hate the new order, then let them shoot their beloved general who will hand it to them. Mr. Zepeda's waltz through Santiago will be greeted with cheers I do declare.

(Its incredible that in all this time, this is only the second Coup which has a chance of success.)

((Poor planning kills, folks. heh))

"General Zepeda shall waltz in hell."
- Ferran Martí

I believe this new system of Democracy will ultimately lead to better representation general, I would not have any doubts.

(Why agitate, when you get pardons, and can all run for positions in the government, including Head of Congress by the way)

"General Zepeda shall waltz in hell."

((I actually laughed :p))

And so begins the great struggle. I challenge all for rebellion to take up arms against our Republic; as for me and my men, we shall crush this uprising or we shall die on the field.

- Gen. Sabastian Hidalgo

(Let me outline it:

President and Chief of Staff are abolished, and a Revolutionary Elected Congress takes control.

Congress members, aka all of you guys, run for specific Ministerial Positions. The Chief of Congress, necessary for some checks and balances to exist, is voted in by popular vote. The general procedure is that each member of Congress will nominate someone for Chief, not themselves, and the one with the most support takes the position. The Minister of War and the Chief work in the same regards as Presidente and COS. Thats about it, besides that no-one is censored as there are pardons for all. )

This is an empty conflict, a power grab. Both sides only want absolute power. If the communists win, there's a dictatorship of the proletariat. If we win, there will be a bourgeoise dictatorship. I only wanted a third way out, and that was a FNT-Liberales coalition. But now that the liberales plotted a coup, I had nothing to expect from such deal. I just had to stand with my mates, I hope the people understand. It saddens me to see Chile torn in two, as it was exactly what I was trying to prevent. Santa Rosa's legacy is over, we are screwed.

((I'm feeling sorry to those who supported the same coup as I did. Destiny dictates that no coup that I back shalt ever succeed.

And I'm really feeling like the evil colonel mustard of this AAR. I know my character is going to get hung in a couple days from now. ))

(Let me outline it:

President and Chief of Staff are abolished, and a Revolutionary Elected Congress takes control.

Congress members, aka all of you guys, run for specific Ministerial Positions. The Chief of Congress, necessary for some checks and balances to exist, is voted in by popular vote. The general procedure is that each member of Congress will nominate someone for Chief, not themselves, and the one with the most support takes the position. The Minister of War and the Chief work in the same regards as Presidente and COS. Thats about it, besides that no-one is censored as there are pardons for all. )
((Wow......how nefarious))

(No one is going to get hung)

(and no jinxing)