• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((I find it funny how the Liberales support a Junta...without realising that fact.))

((come back from your holiday :) you know who I am talking about))

(The suspense is killing me. I seriously had a dream where he shows up, only to support the Republic ;-)...)

((don't say that :) he should be back so will hopefully come on this afternoon. Be close otherwise....))

I speak to all lovers of Chile and the Republic. While things look grim do not give up hope for the Republic. We will fight to the last man to defend our great nation from these Germanistas. We have the the cause of righteousness and the Holy Church behind us, so we will not fail. I am prepared to give my life for the Republic as I was when I led a Republicano militia against the Imperialists. I am saddened that once again Chilean is taking up arms against Chilean because of the ambitions of power mad politicians and I pray that the loss of life can be minimized. God Bless Chile and the Republic.

Pedro Rivera - Minister of the Interior

"I am sad to hear that such a coup has been attempted so shortly after my fathers death, I am positive that he would have understood Andonie's arguementation as well as I do, but I know he would have supported the Republic in the end. Andonie's arguementation is not completetly misplaced; Chile has experinced hundreds of coups since we managed to release ourselfves from Spanish rule. The continues attack on our democracy has revealed that the system has a fault somewhere, and because of this fault we have experinced coups such as this tens of times. While I myself at one point felt that my belief in our democracy was fading, then my father reminded me of this; perhaps coups time again are declared, but in the end the Republic prevailed, and those victorious show that in the end we want a republic, and we want a democracy. The only thing that is wrong are generals who are all politically active´, it is this that has plagued Chile for centuries and it is this that we must remove.

When Cesar Roseno coup'd my father merely endorsed it with a speech, and thereby managed to survive and even get a position in his government where he could work against them from the indside. I simply cannot do this; and I understand at the time my fathers health did not allow him to wage a guerilla war, but in my young age it is no exouse. I wish to make it clearly - especially for the Communistas - who I feel are attacking people like me, that I do not endorse this hostile takeover. I am not a part of what the Communistas call "the oppressive" ruling class, while I do agree that some capitalists exploit their workers, then I believe such should be prevented through legislation indstead of hostile agitation with the risk of more violence. "

- Fernando Eduardo Romano

What is the takeover? We will provide even greater freedoms than your old Republic.

What is the takeover? We will provide even greater freedoms than your old Republic.
You call a dictatorship ruled by a small clique of rich people freedom? That's a very odd definition of freedom you have. But hear me señor, the true friends of democracy and freedom will take up arms against your regime if your shameful takeover is successful. And you will find that the working class won't happily abide when their freedom is stolen by a small elitist clique.

Well, considering no one is to be censored, considering no one will be barred from politics, considering everyone is still free to run for office, considering we are even more democratic because people can run for each specific Ministerial position, yeah I believe its freedom. The party system has corrupted us, we offer a system where people can be represented by a just candidate, not corporation garnering votes.

And what of the fact that you will be handing over a disproportionate amount of power to the military? The military will no doubt be dominant in the results of your actions. Such is the fate of using the military to perform violent takeovers. That is why a revolution does not work. That is why your supposedly "perfect" system will not work.

- Sérgio Gogołów

How are we handing disproportionate power to the military? Some of the generals support, some want status quo. I might remind the honorable Gogolow that the 3rd republic was won on the battlefield.

How are we handing disproportionate power to the military? Some of the generals support, some want status quo. I might remind the honorable Gogolow that the 3rd republic was won on the battlefield.

((Because in any successful coup, you implement Junta voting.))

From a group of Liberals who have lied and backstabbed their way to power for many years, now they asking us to trust them? Let them takeover by force and impose their radical state and everything will be bliss. They are as misguided as the marxism revolutionaries who talk of paradise after the revolution.

Pedro Rivera

(but after one election cycle we can implement our ideals)

((not this one as we ate allowing full elections, only parties banned. All cleared with TH beforehand))

((so in your new state you would allow a marxist theorist to take control of the council if he won the vote and impose a planned economy? If so what is the point of your coup? To keep you in power for another term and impose a law banning political parties?))

((so in your new state you would allow a marxist theorist to take control of the council if he won the vote and impose a planned economy? If so what is the point of your coup? To keep you in power for another term and impose a law banning political parties?))

((the point of this coup is to install a true system of democracy, the real will of the people. If people voted that then it would be what people really want not the result of back room deals))

Edit- we should argue this in character.

((not this one as we ate allowing full elections, only parties banned. All cleared with TH beforehand))

((Wut? Isn't that a slight rectification of the rules laid out in the OP? You know what, I'm just gonna go and check them.

EDIT: Right, so that partly just made it more confusing. So one can coup, and then dismiss Junta voting right thereafter but without reinstating "democracy"(i.e. the Republic). But they reinstate democracy anyways, and...you know what, this be confusing. I guess this is best likened to somebody just forcefully introducing a bill to change the way voting works; or something.
Now, it seems like we've broken the Coup rules anyway, since in the OP it says that only generals can declare the coups and declare their support for/against. Ministers and Presidet apparently don't matter.))

Last edited:
((Wut? Isn't that a slight rectification of the rules laid out in the OP? You know what, I'm just gonna go and check them.

EDIT: Right, so that partly just made it more confusing. So one can coup, and then dismiss Junta voting right thereafter but without reinstating "democracy"(i.e. the Republic). But they reinstate democracy anyways, and...you know what, this be confusing. I guess this is best likened to somebody just forcefully introducing a bill to change the way voting works; or something.
Now, it seems like we've broken the Coup rules anyway, since in the OP it says that only generals can declare the coups and declare their support for/against. Ministers and Presidet apparently don't matter.))[/QUOTE]

((would not have mattered as General Alvarez would have just declared one instead :) ))

...you know what, this be confusing. I guess this is best likened to somebody just forcefully introducing a bill to change the way voting works; or something.
Now, it seems like we've broken the Coup rules anyway, since in the OP it says that only generals can declare the coups and declare their support for/against. Ministers and Presidet apparently don't matter.))

((The rules for declaring coups was changed. I don't know where the new rules are stated bu TH did change them to include ministers))