• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((That is why I havn't made 1 yet, I can't think of anything to make.
I would make a proto-Facist character, but there is really no reason to, as Chile isn't in a suitable situation for Facists to gain traction in politics. What we need is for a large civil war to spring up, maybe even a war with Brazil.))

((It should be around then, but they never get any real support in the upper and lower houses due to there not being enough (or any) revanchism.))
((But here as long as players are interested in can gain momentum and power.

((I'm actually tempted to create a new character that I think will be quite a deviance from my previous and current ones...))

((But without a Facist upper house, we can't legally get rid of voting rights, and this just wouldn't be a Facist nation if we aren't able to form a dictatorship and then crash and burn in a WW :p))
((We could just elect one and then self-coup once in power like Roseno))

(If we really wanted something historical, we would have to lose a major war, for flavor reasons.)

(If we really wanted something historical, we would have to lose a major war, for flavor reasons.)
OOC: This whole Argentinian debacle could be seen as one, or we could always go to war with England or France to liberate Guyana.

((Or we go to war with Brazil, and end up fighting the French when they come in from being "Friendly" with Brazil. We attempt to fight them for a while, and end up losing, hopefuly 2 regions and having a lot of our territory occupied, allowing revanchism to go up and allowing my next character to get elected President Adolf-style, then revoke voting rights and declare war on all of South America.))

((I don't know, I've been flirting with the idea of a fascist dictatorship with limited voting rights. Although I dunno, I like experimenting with weird governmental systems. With German, I wanted a weird sort of Directory-style executive (with German as Director President), universal suffrage but only Ruling Party Only and Underground for UH/ballots.))

I will assign our top police investigators to look into these tragic assassinations. I also will make available to any candidate a police unit to protect them at public appearances. Ending this political violence will be the top priority of the Interior Ministry.

Pedro Rivera - Minister of the Interior

Name: Fernando Educardo Romano
Birth: 1856
Party Affiliation: Independant
Background: Fernando was born in 1856 as the eldest son of the 3th president of Chile, Eduardo Emilio Romano. As the eldest son he was being tutored by his father in order to take over the family business, should his father pass away or somehow become incapable of running the family mining company. In his young years he also followed his fathers footsteps into politics, he joined the "Young Conservadores Association", a branch of the party for youngsters. He wished to be like his father in every aspect, and even uttered the words "When I grow up, I want to be the President just like you.". However the control his father had over him, one day was too much, and over a political arguement over the dinner table his bond with his father had shattered. Somehow his father could never accept that Fernando had different opinions, but Fernando does not blame him. Now Fernando runs the mining company, and with the money he made, and the popularity of his name "Romano", he managed to become the next Senator of Los lagos after his father. Unlike his father he did not join a party, nor was he what he would describe as an "office-seeking" politician like his father was. He sits as the few independants in the congreso attempting to change Chile, by political shrewdness and negotiation, unlike his father who attempted to do so through taking office. One of the biggest differences between the two, were that Fernando is not as a devout Catholic like his father was.

Name: Fernando Educardo Romano
Birth: 1856
Party Affiliation: Independant
Background: Fernando was born in 1856 as the eldest son of the 3th president of Chile, Eduardo Emilio Romano. As the eldest son he was being tutored by his father in order to take over the family business, should his father pass away or somehow become incapable of running the family mining company. In his young years he also followed his fathers footsteps into politics, he joined the "Young Conservadores Association", a branch of the party for youngsters. He wished to be like his father in every aspect, and even uttered the words "When I grow up, I want to be the President just like you.". However the control his father had over him, one day was too much, and over a political arguement over the dinner table his bond with his father had shattered. Somehow his father could never accept that Fernando had different opinions, but Fernando does not blame him. Now Fernando runs the mining company, and with the money he made, and the popularity of his name "Romano", he managed to become the next Senator of Los lagos after his father. Unlike his father he did not join a party, nor was he what he would describe as an "office-seeking" politician like his father was. He sits as the few independants in the congreso attempting to change Chile, by political shrewdness and negotiation, unlike his father who attempted to do so through taking office. One of the biggest differences between the two, were that Fernando is not as a devout Catholic like his father was.

Welcome Eduardo, your father was a great man and I am sure Chile will benefit from your independence. Chile is at an important time in its history and men such as yourself will no doubt play an important role in the next few years. The generations are changing and the new guard will soon replace old fossils like myself. Just the other day i found a fossil and took it to the new Chilean Museum of Natural Science but it turned out to be a bone a dog had buried. It was disapointing.

Presidente Andonie

Party: Liberales
Candidate: Lorenzo Subercaseaux
Coalition: FNT
Coalition Candidate: Gogolow

Last edited:
While I am similarly concerned by the levels of political violence in Santiago, culminating in the twin assassinations of two presidential hopefuls, I must express my reservations at the creation of a domestic intelligence service. Such a service would inevitably come under the mandate of a ministry and so be exposed to political influence. Even in the hands of a sensible minister, the temptation of abuse may be too great.

As an alternative, I would suggest expanding the remit of the army intelligence service to a national level. The intelligence service would thus be independent of the executive and under the arbitration of an independent, impartial officer. I believe this would be more palatable to those such as myself, who fear the conflict of interests arising from a domestic intelligence service in the hands of the ruling party.

- General Charles Maximilien de Conti

Welcome Senator Romano,

Your father was a great and honourable man who I had the privilege to serve with in government. I respect your decision to remain independent but welcome you to give your ideas at the Republicano convention as an honoured guest. Whatever your decision, I look forward to working with you in the future.

Pedro Rivera