• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((@King, so who is your current character considering Sebastian is dead?))

((I don't have a new character.))

((i am not antagonizing people...... and I am only unpopular with the people that lost :) ))

((Everyone hates your character!!! I didn't support you, I supported the Government, but not you. I did nothing illegal and did not break the General's oath to the Constitution and people of Chile. The only thing in danger was your ass in the President's seat. There was no need for the military to choose a side, stop trying to justify your politizing of the military.))

((I don't have a new character.))

((Everyone hates your character!!! I didn't support you, I supported the Government, but not you. I did nothing illegal and did not break the General's oath to the Constitution and people of Chile. The only thing in danger was your ass in the President's seat. There was no need for the military to choose a side, stop trying to justify your politizing of the military.))

((the reason I put a smiley face after that wad because it was tounge in cheek. People take this very seriously don't they))

((Gotta agree with King on this one, the President is not the government, and the government is not the people.))

((have said this a number of times I did not ask him to support me but the government. You dont get to choose which parts of the govt you support or not. The president is a part of the govt just as much as the congress or the courts. On a deprecate note. I had informed roseno exactly what I was doing and he told me he would support the govt, put down the coup and ban the party so it was a bit hypocritical to claim the high road now))

((have said this a number of times I did not ask him to support me but the government. You dont get to choose which parts of the govt you support or not. The president is a part of the govt just as much as the congress or the courts. On a deprecate note. I had informed roseno exactly what I was doing and he told me he would support the govt, put down the coup and ban the party so it was a bit hypocritical to claim the high road now))

((For starters, I never said to ban them.
Secondly, I would have supported you if it was an actual coup, as in if he had military forces in Santiago that would try to prevent the army from restoring order. There were no military forces trying to dispose of you, so there was no reason for military interference.))

((Yeah, Andonie isn't really liked at all, since he back stabbed almost all of his allies)).

((this is the last time i mention this but want to set this straight as i think its a bit unfair. Yes, Andonie did this and yes criticism of him in character is off course totally fair. But can I point out that no one else gets any stick for anything. Severino. He admitted lying to me, decieiving me to try and get power and yet he got no criticism. Roseno knew what i was going to do beforehand and said fine, go for it but he gets no stick either. Thats fine, but dont drag it on OOC, its just a game and in game a politician who had been lied to did it back, that all folks so Andonie can be hated, but dont take it all personally please.))

((This is getting out of hand.

May I remind you?

Folks, I know Loki already said it but it's worth saying again: don't insult each other and never, ever post anything that's just solely abuse of another player, in character or out of character. As heated as everything gets, keep a civil tone.

))

((I have to agree with Rudders on this one. Severino did declare a coup. An actual coup - mabye one that failed miserably, and never was a real threat, but a coup was declared, and by formality to follow the consitution, you have to support the current government, which was democraticly elected. Rudders - president andonie - is a part of that government, which severino wanted to remove. Thus by law you have to support the president, which means supporting the government, which is democraticly elected. That is -fact- as I see it, but ofcourse if your char had a different agenda, then he could use rhetorics to argue against it. But an abstain means ''i dont care" which in turns means I dont care if andonie stays or if he falls, and by that you do not defend the republic which the consitution demands. There isint really any discussion to this.

And as to Andonie's popularity. I (Romano) did admit that he has probably done some backroom political faulplay, but it wasent illigal. He might have screwed the nacionales over, but it wasent against the law. So even though Romano critizied this act, he did support the government because the consitution demands him too.))

This is a good debate to have, but in character. I can't allow you argue like this OOC, particularly you're getting pretty heated. You've been warned time and time again about OOC argument - don't do it.

Party: Nacionales (voting for Republicanos)
Candidate: Severiano Miramontes
Coalition: Abstain
Coalition Candidate: Abstain

((Also, just for future reference, which is more anti-Jingoist, Pacifism or Anti-Military? I assume Pacifist comes after Pro-Military, followed by Anti-Military?))

No, Pacifist is more pacifistic than Anti-Military. Anti-Military caps military spending at 75% and in game is described as something like the opposition to the use of military force, while Pacifism caps it at 50% and is described as something like the belief that military force and war is never justified. Anti-Military chops military score from brigades in half compared to Pro Military and Pacifism eliminates military score from brigades completely.

(Rudders, clean out your inbox please.)

I would like to announce that I am dropping out of the race and granting my full and undivided support to Comrade-Commander Renin's four year plan - as it is the one that has the greatest support within the Party. - Col. Guerrero

Do not be saddened comrade Guerrero, your campaign has been run honorably and you have nothing to be ashamed of. While I voted for Renin, who was after all my brother in arms during the Argentinian war of Liberation, I had nothing against your views. I hope to hear more about your views as we continue our struggle to bring Chile to the far-left. We could use a brain like yours in government...

---Basilio Bautista---

On a blustery October day, a stoic, quiet man rose to the podium as a crowd of his supporters cheered him on. Among them was a deranged man who began fidgeting with a case strapped into his vest. As soon as the candidate began to speak, the man withthe case shouted at the top of his lungs, "Long live the Tsar! Death to Traitors to the Empire!" and immediately pulled the string. An explosion followed, and when the dust settled, it became clear that the bomber and the candidate were nowhere to be found.

And thus, Armin Tamzarian became the first victim of a suicide bombing.

Last edited: