• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I declare my agitation! It is an outrage that democracy has been supplanted, not only by the president but his entire cabinet! Valentin Severino may be dead, but his cause is not! Viva los Nacionales!

I declare my agitation! It is an outrage that democracy has been supplanted, not only by the president but his entire cabinet! Valentin Severino may be dead, but his cause is not! Viva los Nacionales!

((you realize that means you can't vote next election?))

"It seems both sides have had a hand to play in undermining the bit of democracy that we hold in Chile. I hope these are the last of said actions. As well, I urge the Chilean government to not go forward with their Imperialistic war on Argentina...let the people there have freedom!"

-Comrade Armando Renin

"It seems both sides have had a hand to play in undermining the bit of democracy that we hold in Chile. I hope these are the last of said actions. As well, I urge the Chilean government to not go forward with their Imperialistic war on Argentina...let the people there have freedom!"

-Comrade Armando Renin

Señor, while I voted for war. Based on recent events I think it best for Chile to remain out of wars or foreign entanglements for now. However Congress voted strongly for this war so my hands are tied.

Señor, while I voted for war. Based on recent events I think it best for Chile to remain out of wars or foreign entanglements for now. However Congress voted strongly for this war so my hands are tied.

"Senore I must concur with Senor Armando Renin. A war with Argentina is imperialistic and is simply unacceptable. We are not an Empire, we are a Democracy. We have freed the Chilean citizens needing liberations, let us not go in the footsteps of the imperials. As presidente you have the final say on such a war declaration. As much as I love democracy, and as much as this war has been voted in favor for, then a majority does not always mean your doing the right thing. President Andonie, I ask you to look past the Congreso's decision, look past the small majority and do what is -RIGHT-, cancel the war declaration. "

- Minister of the Treasury, Romano.

I support Mr. Romano's position. Although I voted for war, the situation is far to unstable. We need peace to reorganize.

-General De Vasces

"General, and friend. I am glad that you support me here, but we musent stop the war because the time is not 'right'. Because the time is rarely right for war, and we have no reason to invade Argentina. I ask you to support this proposal because it is wrong to invade in this imperialistic way, and not because we wait and then attack later."

- Romano

((You guys do realize we can't just stop the war, right? The update before the coup even said the wording of the declaration of war made it so even a Communist win in the Presidency wouldn't have been able to stop the war.))

((Is Andonie the least popular two-term president we've had? Badajoz had strong detractors, but prior to his coup, he didn't seem to inspire the vitriol that we've seen as of late. Romano was very popular during both of his terms, and was beloved during my pseudo two-terms. The only presidents less popular would be the one-termers who launched coups (Roseno, Zepeda, Cortez), and Badajoz in the aftermath of his coup))

I am saddened by the death of Severino; he was a friend and supporter, and, despite our political differences, we had a mutual respect. Had he been captured, I would have voted for a lighter sentencing, since I truly believe he was acting in what he believed was both in Chile's best interests, and over a perceived shun at the Nationales (a view I, and many other of Andonie's supporters feel is true).

Regardless, I must echo the concerns of both General de Vasces, and my friend Minister Romano; we must now act with great caution in pursuing this war. If we cannot change our course of action, we must act in a way that does not appear imperialistic. As the minister said earlier, we are a Republic, not an Empire, and I feel these aggressive actions will only serve to further undermine both our stability and the principles that founded this nation.

If at all possible, I would like to propose a negation of the war declaration, which has, as of yet, passed with little notice. Perhaps if we cancel out this proposal, we can wait and see if our nation is stable enough to prosecute such an action ((if it is already well-known, or unchangeable, then nevermind)). As well, should we prosecute this war, we must handle this radical militias that are, as we speak, attempting to establish a communist despotism in Argentina, in way that shows we will not tolerate these war criminals. From what actions I heard of, they have committed many atrocities against the people of Argentina, in the name of the worker, and we must show we will not stand for such a course.

My final concern on this matter, is that we may respark tensions with Brazil, with whom we narrowly avoided war with twice during my administration.

((It is written to the point that we can't change our goals, I believe since the voting was for a bill that specifically said taking the 2 regions. And we are going to war with Argentina to prevent Brazil from eventually taking over all of it I believe.))

Thank goodness this ridiculous scandal is finally done for. Once I heard about it, I hurried myself to give a press conference. I cannot believe that the presidency has been disrespected this much and is taken so lightly. Can any man just rush alone into the presidential palace and arrest the president? It really angers me that most liberales and republicanos are taking these attacks to our institutions so lightly. I am considering running next election on a more authoritarian (but not undemocratic) platform. I hope the president makes amends for this disrespectful act against our cabinet's constitutional rights.

(( Seems you can only do this when we are at elections ))

Last edited:
((Considering how I spent the entire tenure of my last character agitating, I think I'm aware of how agitation works.

Besides, Saez's thinking is that if this is what his vote is going to bring, he'd rather just fly voting the bird.))

It's not really fair since we've already had elections. You can't agitate until next term.

I'll wait for rudders to get his new appointments in then give you some time to look them over. If he doesn't get them in by tomorrow morning, I'm going ahead with the old appointments, but he said he had new ones.

((Considering how I spent the entire tenure of my last character agitating, I think I'm aware of how agitation works.

Besides, Saez's thinking is that if this is what his vote is going to bring, he'd rather just fly voting the bird.))

((weirdly I forgot your last guy was grerman. Sorry for that))

((edit. Have the newcappointmemts. Will post them shortly. Need breakfast :) ))

Last edited:
"Chileans, don't let Severino's sacrifice be a waste. The Republic can still be saved from dictatorship. Join Union Popular. I will return to Argentina to help our Argentine sister association with the Holy Purge of the Communist Menace, but meanwhile it will harden our troops, and when we return we will be a Holy Army of Crusaders ready to unseat the Tyrant Andonie".

An Address to the People

Chile, we can be glad that this time of instability is over and we can get back to the real task of ensuring Chile is a prosperous and vibrant country for all. One that rewards head work but provides for those disadvantaged. One that will continue to grow and develop and lead Chile into the next century.

Given the instability of the past weeks I had contemplated making changes to my Cabinet but have decided that what we need now is experience and continuity so there will be no changes there. I look forward to working with all my colleauges again.

The military is another matter. I must say that myself and Chief of Staff Schmidt were perturbed by the actions or rather inactions of General Roseno. Geeral Roseno is a fine and distinguished soldier but must realise that Generals are appointed as leaders of their armies and guardians of the nation, the constitution and the govenenment. We feel that by abstaining he gave at best tacit approval to a coup launched against the democratically elected government. It was contemplated relieving him from his commisison for failing to defend democracy but due to his fine service we have decided a reprimand is more in order.

Therefore General Roseno is removed from control of the Army of the South and will now take charge of the Army responsible for suporting the main Army of General Zepeda. The following distributiuon of armies is now as follows.

Patagonia (War) General Zepeda 8 Infantry 5 Cavalry 2 Artillery
South - Suport War Army General Roseno 3 Infantry 1 Cavalry 2 Artillery
Army of Nth Alvarez 8 Infantry 4 Cavalry 6 Artillery
Army of South General Hidalgo 7 Infantry 0 Cavalry 4 Artillery
Marine Force - Canal Zone General De Vasces 4 Infantry
Capital 2 Infantry 0 1 Artillery

I would say to General Roseno that I would hope to see you bounce back from this and return soon to your more senior position.

With regard to the war against Argentina. I fear the die is already cast and therfore the Armies are prepared for this. If though there is any chance of reversing this decision I would urge congress to act quickly.

My plans for this term remain the same. Increased economic growth. Continued development of the navy and a focus on bringing central america into our sphere, I have complete confidence in our outstanding Foreign Minister to do this.

Presidente Andonie

((THunderhawk. Zagaroth has not been on for some time. If he does not come on in th enext day or so can i replace with an active member?? Dont want to but might as well have more active people in the main roles?))

Last edited:
((Thank God. It was killing me having to write two-three speeches a day. Now that I've exhausted myself in politics, let's see if I can have any more success in the army?))

Name: His Serene Highness, Louis François Joseph Charles Maximilien, Prince of Bourbon-Conti
Born: 1830
Background: Following the French Revolution, Louis François Joseph de Bourbon was first reduced to poverty and then exiled by the Directory to Spain. After the French invaded Spain in 1808, he fled to the Spanish colonies in South America and settled down in Chile, dying in 1814. His son, Louis François Joseph Philippe, was twelve years old when the Bourbons were restored to power, but the Prince de Conti title had lapsed and he was unable to return to France. The family chose to stay Chile, surviving even the dissolution of the Spanish Empire, until Charles Maximilien was born in 1830. As soon as he was of age, he immediately joined the army, working his way up the ranks. Despite being the grandson of a French émigré and being of noble rank, General de Conti is perceived to be quite liberal in his politics and is staunchly Chilean.