• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((This is going to be fun :D))

The tension is increasing between the bourgeois parties. We should consider patrolling the slums to make sure to avoid any unwanted violence. I volunteer, with a few other Communistas.

"Members of the Chilean Communist Party, do not fear.The President has shown himself to be a man of honor and integrity, showing the reactionaries that once again, they will not be allowed to oppress and chain the good people of Chile. We must remain vigilant in these dire times, and I advise all members of the Revolutionary Democratic Front to remain on guard for the first few months of Senor Andonie's administration, to assure that the reactionaries do not attempt a last ditch effort at power."

-Comrade Armando Renin

((The Nacionales told Andonie that if they didn't get Generalships and Cabinet positions, they would vote Communist just to spite us, effectively holding the election with a gun to the Liberales' head.))

(( :rolleyes: Who cares? Every party makes arguments for why their support is needed.

@Syriana: The point is that you all had the opportunity to form a coalition before the election too and nominating a joint candidate. In no electoral system in the world, does a candidate have the opportunity view electoral results, and in the middle of the election, form a coalition. Just doesn't happen. That's what is so ridiculous.))

(( :rolleyes: Who cares? Every party makes arguments for why their support is needed.

@Syriana: The point is that you all had the opportunity to form a coalition before the election too and nominating a joint candidate. In no electoral system in the world, does a candidate have the opportunity view electoral results, and in the middle of the election, form a coalition. Just doesn't happen. That's what is so ridiculous.))
#

((I kind of agree with you funnily enough but its the system we are using so no point complaining about it.))

((there was more to it than the party trying to make arguments for their support but thats between us and them((

#

((I kind of agree with you funnily enough but its the system we are using so no point complaining about it.))

((there was more to it than the party trying to make arguments for their support but thats between us and them((

((I want in on the gossip!))

"The people of Chile demand to know the truth of this situation and the events which occurred during our most recent farce of an election! If the reactionaries have shown their undemocratic nature once more, the people must know!"

-Ferran Martí

Senor Andonie, you are a fraud. Worse, you are a coward. Most unforgivably, you are a liar. And now I intend to expose you.

Who was it that proposed the idea of a Grand Coalition? Who was it that sacrificed their chance to obtain Presidential Office for the sake of the Republic? Who withdrew from the race when he was still riding high? Who had to set everything aside so that his opponent could become president once more? Who personally pleaded with his supporters not to lodge a protest vote for the Marxistas but instead abide by the coalition? It was not Senor Andonie, the man who once more occupies La Moneda - not by dint of character or ability, but by his willingness to lie and deceive, to squirm like a snake through the corridors of power and feed poison into the ears of his allies. It was Senor Severino who sacrificed. Now it is Senor Severino who is slandered.

When we came to an agreement on a coalition, did I ask for cabinet posts? Of course. We are your coalition partners, are we not? Is it not standard practice to share power in a power-sharing government? Our demands were not extravagant. You said it yourself: two posts in cabinet and the retaining of General Miramontes as commander of the Army of Patagonia. I had already served one faithful term as Minister of the Interior - the first time Senor Andonie deceived his opponents into withdrawing so he could seize power for himself. General Miramontes had saved Senor Andonie from a coup. I notice that the Liberales claimed three cabinet posts and three armies, yet no accusations are made against them. The Republicanos claimed two, as we did. Here is where your elaborate lies are defeated by simple arithmetic. How could you offer the Nacionales cabinet positions if you had already promised two posts to the Republicanos and three posts to your Liberal supporters? The answer: you couldn't.

You see, Senor Andonie made more promises than he could keep. It is clear that he mollified his Liberal challengers with cabinet posts - and then applied the same strategy to the Republicanos to coax them into an alliance - until, when it came to the Nacionales, he had none left to give. And then, rather than admit his deception to the Nacionales, he chose to slander us to save face. He choose to bring us into coalition under false pretences and then decry us as villains when his deception was revealed. He conjures up a conspiracy, because the truth is that we - the Partido Nacional, and the people of Chile - were deceived. We were grossly and shamelessly deceived by a man who held out one hand in friendship and drew a knife with his other. A man who propelled himself into power on the back of those who were willing to forsake power for the sake of the Republic.

There is indeed a man with a gun to the head of democracy, and that is the man in La Moneda. For a decade now, he was survived in power by exploiting the noble intentions of other. Twice, now, have his opponents chosen to withdraw in his favour for the sake of the Republic, to preserve it from the destabilising forces of extremism. Twice has he succeeded in becoming President with the support of a minority and the begrudging tolerance of the majority.

Senor Andonie has made a pantomime of parliament. His rule has been a farce, and Chile has been his unwitting audience. I abided by this because I considered the alternative to be worse. And now, even I have been betrayed. The Republic is in the hands of a monster partly of my own making. For that, I must atone for my actions. And I intend to atone by striking this monster down and restoring the Republic that he has suppressed. The people will not accept a tyrant. The people will not accept a traitor.

I demand the impeachment of the President-elect, Senor Andonie, for wilful deception and slander.

- V. Severino

Last edited:
This is an outrage! Were it not for the Nacionalistas, Adonie would not have won, and yet he spurns us and casts us out of his coalition and puts in his own cronies!

I knew it was a terrible idea attempting to form a coalition with the traitorous Liberales! I hereby call on all Nacionales to NEVER AGAIN vote Republicano or Liberale! They have betrayed us one too many times! Again and again and again, the Liberales have spat at us and treated us like dirt, even so much as to reject us even when it was us who won him his place as president! Even the FNT and the Comunistas have not seen such outrageous behavior from them!

Nacionale or nothing!

Your compliments are misplaced, Senor Renin, for the Apostate President has not a made stand for democracy: he has betrayed his supporters, deceived his electoral allies and lied to the people of the Republic. He sought the support of our party to prevail in the election, and then turned on us once he was secure in power. He has made a mockery of Chilean democracy, of fairness, of honesty, of every amenable quality God has ever given to man. He is, in short, all that is evil in a politician, condensed into a singular loathsome individual.

Do not heap insult upon this injury by wrongfully praising his unjust actions as a principled stand against reactionary radicalism.

- V. Severino

I want to let it be known that I will resign from my post as Minister of Political Affairs, and return to the Aurora de Chile, if Senor Severino would be appeased with a post for his party, a noble band of men who have Chile's interest at heart. Now is not the time for bloodletting amongst our officials; we are nearing war with Argentina, and we must be unified if we want to prosecute this war effectively!

I have served to the best of my ability these last five years, but if my resignation is for the good for the Republic, I will do so...

I pray a civil conclusion can be met.

Senor Andonie, you are a fraud. Worse, you are a coward. Most unforgivably, you are a liar. And now I intend to expose you.

Who was it that proposed the idea of a Grand Coalition? Who was it that sacrificed their chance to obtain Presidential Office for the sake of the Republic? Who withdrew from the race when he was still riding high? Who had to set everything aside so that his opponent could become president once more? Who personally pleaded with his supporters not to lodge a protest vote for the Marxistas but instead abide by the coalition? It was not Senor Andonie, the man who once more occupies La Moneda - not by dint of character or ability, but by his willingness to lie and deceive, to squirm like a snake through the corridors of power and feed poison into the ears of his allies. It was Senor Severino who sacrificed. Now it is Senor Severino who is slandered.

When we came to an agreement on a coalition, did I ask for cabinet posts? Of course. We are your coalition partners, are we not? Is it not standard practice to share power in a power-sharing government? Our demands were not extravagant. You said it yourself: two posts in cabinet and the retaining of General Miramontes as commander of the Army of Patagonia. I had already served one faithful term as Minister of the Interior - the first time Senor Andonie deceived his opponents into withdrawing so he could seize power for himself. General Miramontes had saved Senor Andonie from a coup. I notice that the Liberales claimed three cabinet posts and three armies, yet no accusations are made against them. The Republicanos claimed two, as we did. Here is where your elaborate lies are defeated by simple arithmetic. How could you offer the Nacionales cabinet positions if you had already promised two posts to the Republicanos and three posts to your Liberal supporters? The answer: you couldn't.

You see, Senor Andonie made more promises than he could keep. It is clear that he mollified his Liberal challengers with cabinet posts - and then applied the same strategy to the Republicanos to coax them into an alliance - until, when it came to the Nacionales, he had none left to give. And then, rather than admit his deception to the Nacionales, he chose to slander us to save face. He choose to bring us into coalition under false pretences and then decry us as villains when his deception was revealed. He conjures up a conspiracy, because the truth is that we - the Partido Nacional, and the people of Chile - were deceived. We were grossly and shamelessly deceived by a man who held out one hand in friendship and drew a knife with his other. A man who propelled himself into power on the back of those who were willing to forsake power for the sake of the Republic.

There is indeed a man with a gun to the head of democracy, and that is the man in La Moneda. For a decade now, he was survived in power by exploiting the noble intentions of other. Twice, now, have his opponents chosen to withdraw in his favour for the sake of the Republic, to preserve it from the destabilising forces of extremism. Twice has he succeeded in becoming President with the support of a minority and the begrudging tolerance of the majority.

Senor Andonie has made a pantomime of parliament. His rule has been a farce, and Chile has been his unwitting audience. I abided by his because I considered the alternative to worse. And now, even I have been betrayed. The Republic is in the hands of a monster partly of my own making. For that, I must atone for my actions. And I intend to atone by striking this monster down and restoring the Republic that he has suppressed. The people will not accept a tyrant. The people will not accept a traitor.

I demand the impeachment of the President-elect, Senor Andonie, for wilful deception and slander.

- V. Severino

What is outrageous Senor are your claims to innocence in this. You who would make an offer then recind it and demand that you be President. You who did not bargain but threaten, you who outright lied to the President claiming support that you did not have. The same person who made claims last election which led to a coup. Fool me once Senor, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. You must learn Senor that there is a difference between negotiating and bullying.

You claim that this is a desperate grab for power when you are the one who claimed if we did not met your demands you would all vote communist just to spite us. That you would vote against your very principles just out of spite! You bargained for one thing, then decided you wanted more and more, inventing stories about support you did not have from other parties. Well you have been caught out, played at your own game and your very own supporters know the truth. That you would rather risk the country going red than not have all the toys in the toy store.

I repudiate your false claims. Your party reamins nothing more nthan a shallow shell of itself and deserves to remain on the fringes of politics.

Presidente Andonie

MEMBERS of the NACIONALES!:

I plead for you to trust in our Presidente and the Republic he stands for. Forgotten, thrown in the dirt, and spat on, you say? I do remember it was my father who pledged his life's work, his career, for the rebel cause just several years ago. And I do remember my father was called a criminal, attempting to restore a monarchy. He died as a result. My family name it seemed, had been ruined, all because of my father's stand with the rebels. I was wrong. President Andonie has placed me in command of the Reserve Army. This shows he is rightfully placing his trust in a man who was parented by one who was once making an attempt to remove him from power. Surely, he would not have given me the command of over 20,000 men if he believed I was to overthrow him!

The Nacionales have not been forgotten by the Liberals. We have been respected and we have given our support to the Liberals, and we have received payment. I place all of my faith in President Andonie and the Grand Republic he will lead for five more years.

- Co. Sebastian Hidalgo

The Nacionales have NEVER threatened to vote communist! I would rather die than vote communist, which is why I voted for you and not them!

This slander against us must end. Not a single one of us, myself included, have ever threatened to vote communist, nor would any of us ever threaten to vote communist because that goes against what Partido Nacionale stands for completely.

I would also state to those who believe this is a grab for power for the Liberales. My cabinet has the same split as last election. I replaced Severino not with a Liberales but with a Republicano. I replaced a Nacionales general, not with a Liberles but with a man from the very same army. I would also point out that the construction of the armies was in conjunction with the Chief of Staff and maintained the same spli of generals as previous. Yes, there are three Liberales in the Cabinet. AS there were last term as we are the largest party. But it is a fair divide and no attempt to steal power away to the Liberales. The new Minister of the Interior, effectively the Vice President is General Rivera a man we all trust and certainly not one from my party.

People, my policies stay the same as those of the past 5 year that saw Chile rise in power and prosperity. There is no change here, no ruiing of the country. All you hear is the bleating of a party that was beaten at their own game. They brought this on themselves with thir behaviour and I will not have thugs in this Government.

Presidente Andonie

The Nacionales have NEVER threatened to vote communist! I would rather die than vote communist, which is why I voted for you and not them!

This slander against us must end. Not a single one of us, myself included, have ever threatened to vote communist, nor would any of us ever threaten to vote communist because that goes against what Partido Nacionale stands for completely.

If that is the case then you need to talk your leader and negotiater Sir for that is what he threatened me with. Give in to his demands or you would vote Communist.

And who was it that became president, Senor Andonie?

I stated that as a candidate, I was best placed to capitalise on support for the Grand Coalition. I justified it then, as I do now, by my ties and associations to all the political parties. I was formerly a Republicano; I am currently a Nacional; and prior to this moment, I was on good terms with the Liberales. That was my argument, and I consider its basis still to be firm. You may make allegations of 'bullying'. But the simple fact is that it was I who stood down and supported the Grand Coalition, even though I was not at the head of it. It was you who refused any proposal for a coalition candidate aside from yourself. It was you who bullied and cajoled the other candidates into following your line. It was you who gained everything, and now I have lost even that which was solemnly promised to me.

As for your claim that I would have voted for the Comunistas, that is the most absurd lie of all. Look at the election results. Myself, General Miramontes and Senor Saez all voted for the Grand Coalition. You assert that if I was not given the presidency I would defect to the Marxistas; you were given the presidency, yet I remained loyal to the Grand Coalition. I did push for to be the coalition candidate - who wouldn't? But when it was clear that you would not accept, I surrendered the initiative and fell into line behind the coalition. I voted for you, and you stabbed me in the back.

You repudiate nothing, Senor Andonie. You invent further lies to cover for lies. You are a disgrace to the Republic, and it is my everlasting regret that I ever aided and abetted in your insidious rise to power.

History will absolve me, Senor Andonie. It will declare you a tyrant and a charlatan.

- V. Severino

Another lie, Senor Andonie. I told you that - as happened on the occasion of the last election - there was a risk that disgruntled members of my party might sooner cast a protest vote for the Marxistas then see you once more in office. This was my genuine concern, and one that needed to be addressed. In the end, all of the Nacionales voted for you. You know why? Because I personally spoke to them all, telling them that I understood that they would be disappointed but this was the best arrangement for the Republic.

What a fool I was.

- V. Severino