• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I missed the inaugeration of Andonie, ugh... Good showing though, this election has broken up the Coalitions and we can move forward to Chilean Democracy of Illustrious something or other.

I support the Liberal Party, and I must agree with de Santa Rosa Laissez Faire is a must for us Liberales. Just as important though in my case, is to allow all citizens the full citizenship and rights to live as they desire. We are Chile

Chile para los Chilenos.

So.....be it. I truly hope that the FNT and the communista's will remain close during this time of great strife. Let us struggle together for THR rights of worker's everywhere

(( Republicanos and Nacionales, eh? And there's already a Liberale party, so that makes things interesting... ))

14c5klk.jpg

Armando Renin

Birth: May 6th, 1852.

Ideology: Marxist.

Backround: Born to a middle class family in the suburbs of Santiago, Armando was raised by liberal thinking parents. In the initial onslaught that was Cesar I's reign, The Renin family was forced to flee from their home, for fear of reprisal against his father and their family, due to his fathers work with local liberal papers. They fled into Patagonia, where they resided with family members on a farm. Upon the end of the Imperial regime, the Renin family returned to Santiago, only to find their house burned to the ground, as a result of the Battle of Santiago. Armando then began attending university in Santiago, only to become influenced by the writings of Marx and Engels, and the electric speaking of Carlos Carnal. Armando left university, and joined the FNT, as a member of their radical left faction.

I support the establishment of the Partido Communista.

((Yeah, I did it.))

((If your character studied in Santiago, you should have him be influenced by my character, Ferran Marti, as he is a Marxist philosophy professor at Universidad de Chile.))

"Considering the lack of success that the Electoral Integrity Act has faced, I wish to withdraw it and revise it, so that it may be introduced at a later date. I still have one major question: Who is in command of each army?"

"Additionally, regarding the Nacionales, I suggest it be renamed to the Frente Patriótico ((Patriotic Front))"

General Severiano Miramontes

I too pass on my condolonces to te family of Senor Carnal. I can also report that we are getting closer to the naming of the Generals. The negotiations are improving and I am confident we will have news soon.

Carlos Andonie

(time difference not helping but almost there i think))

I am delighted to announce after long and fruitful negotiations with Chief Of Staff Schmidt, the following Military positions.

General Sebastian Roseno (King50000) Northern Army with 12 regiments (7 Infantry, 4 Artillery & 1 Cavalry),
General Severiano Miramontes (Ivir Baggins) Patagonia 10 regiments (5 Infantry & 5 Artillery),
General Pedro Rivera (atomicsoda) Southern Army 8 regiments (6 Infantry & 2 Cavalry),
Admiral Zepeda (thekinguter) The Navy
General Alvarez (maxwell) Reserve Army 6 regiment (4 Infantry & 2 Artillery)
General Hidalgo (masterchief) 1 Regiment Marine Force

Regiment Capital Stack under the President - (3 Infantry & 2 Artillery)

Carlos Andonie - Presidente of Chile

Hmm, I see the other candidates for COS got the two largest armies, interesting...

Looks good, balance of power could be better, but what can you do.

"I'd like to extent my thanks to the President for his wise choice in generals. My experince has tought that the army has for a long time been both the source of Chile's defense but also the source of instability. I have faith in the generals, especially in General Sebastian Roseno, who I know from Cesar I's time as well as General Miramontes, a true Nacionale who has my confidence to serve the Chilean democracy in the best way possible - to preserve the democracy. Congratulations are in order!"

- Eduardo Emilio Romano, 3th Presidente of Chile, Minister of the Tresury

I hope that these appointments will usher in an age of growth and stability for Chile. Much is changing on the political landscape. This is natural in a democracy but we must be able to govern the people with assurance and the people must know that they can plan without fear of soldiers with guns taking over.

Presidente Carlos Andonie

Presidente Andonie, so long as I remain a General within our Army, I will swear that men with guns will never attempt to prevent the people from planning or from the due processes of Democracy from taking effect. I thank for restoring me to this position of safe-guarding our Republic.

-Generale Sebastian Roseno

Well, you're not out of the woods yet. As a reminder to all sitting ministers and generals, if they would like to declare a coup, they can do so before the incumbent administration's policies take effect.

Also, Mr. President, you've appointed Mr. Zepeda as both Minister of Political Affairs and a general. You can't do that.

((ooops, did not notice that. Will change the cabinet position in a second))

I thank Presidente Andonie for giving me such a wonderful oppurtunity to serve my country, I will serve to the best of my abilities. May Chile, the great Democracy that it is, always prosper!

~ General Juan Alvarez

Well, you're not out of the woods yet. As a reminder to all sitting ministers and generals, if they would like to declare a coup, they can do so before the incumbent administration's policies take effect.

Also, Mr. President, you've appointed Mr. Zepeda as both Minister of Political Affairs and a general. You can't do that.

Carlos Andonie
I hereby appoint the honourable Santa Rosa to the position of POlitical Affairs.

((when is that deadline for that?))

((also, seeing as the upper house blocked me and the other bill was already implemented am I still able to introduce another Presidentail Bill))

"I thank both the Presidente and the Chief of Staff, senores Andonie and Schmidt, for trusting in my capacity to lead. I will ensure that the borders of Chile are adequately defended from both external and internal threats to the Chilean State. My soldier have orders never to use force against Chileans unless their actions should threaten the national integrity of Chile. In the event of a coup, though, I will support the side which is in the right, both for me and for the nation."

General Severiano Miramontes
Commander of the Army of Patagonia

Somewhere in Brazil:
A ferryman was waiting for a group of men to approach
"You're Carlos Villanova?"
"A fellow Chilean! That was some time ago! There are never people coming here from the home country!"
"Well, our visit has to do with your exile, señor, there are many people in Chile who want you dead".
"Please, I just did what they asked me to do, I never meant to...
"You sold out the names of several of your fellow dissidents in exchange for your own life, then you fled to Brazil, now there is a new government in Santiago, one that very much want to know where you are hiding."
"Please, señor, I do anything".
"Well, the secret of your whereabouts can very well remain a secret, if you just tell me one thing: where is Simon German?"