• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"When have we ever said that our party is anti-freedom? when has our party or those in it opposed democracy? El Partido Nacional, is but another party in our glorious democracy. We have our ideologies and beliefs which include order, freedom ,and overall democracy. We will not bow just because El Presidente electo, does not like our policies. You sirs are terribly mistaken, it is sad how the liberales and some conservadores are trying to smear our good name, with unfounded lies, nothing but lies. If you and your party truly believe in democracy, then show it. We too are the people, and we have the right and responsability to represent the people of Chile."

Coronel Francisco Javier De Miranda Reina

I congratulate Mr Badajoz on becoming the next president of Chile. I Abstain on the creation of this new party.

Eduardo Silva
Military Advisor

"I would like to thank everyone for the rather shocking support of the new Partido Nacionale. The more parties we have in Chile, the more mindsets and perspectives we represent, and the more democratic we become. A sanctuary for us 'hawks', as our moderate allies have called us, is necessary as we obvious have too many discrepancies with the Partido Conservador."

-Braulio Silva

This morning the vote stands at:

Partido Nacional:
Yes: 9
No: 1
Abstain: 4

Excludes Liberales who I noticed voted.

And it looks like the results are pretty decisive. This poll will close when the update goes through (or slightly before, more likely). Zagoroth has posted/pmed me most of the relevant stuff, but I'm waiting for his final answer on all of it.

If President Badajoz cannot find anyone for the position of campaign manager, I would be willing to take that position on.

"I am willing to put myself forward as presidential candidate for the Partido Nacional should it form. And to those who claim we oppose democracy - we do not. We merely have an opinion which you find disturbing. All opinions must be represented for true democracy to function."

Eberado de Cary
Senator for Valparaiso

"I am willing to put myself forward as presidential candidate for the Partido Nacional should it form. And to those who claim we oppose democracy - we do not. We merely have an opinion which you find disturbing. All opinions must be represented for true democracy to function."

Eberado de Cary
Senator for Valparaiso

Hold your horses, we haven't (quite) gotten there yet.

Zagoroth has sent me his final word on his policies, so an update incoming (bear with me for a bit, it might be a few hours.)

In the mean time, here's something to think about. President Badajoz has proposed two new bills for the Congreso to consider:

The Freedom Act

All restrictions on immigration imposed by Spanish will be terminated.

All anti-minority living restrictions will be terminated, all violators will be prosecuted.

All people will have right to practice their religion

((Practical effects: until the act is repealed, government policy will be Full Citizenship.))

The Land Re-Proportion Act

Much land is still un-populated and garrisoned by Spanish Troops. The Free Democracy of Chile proposes the following:

General Roseno will help clear out the garrisons in South Chile for the next few years.

Land liberated will be owned by the government and as soon as possible sold to Capitalist investment or personal ownership.

Land liberated will be fully exploitable or preserved as to the whims of those who purchase the land from us.

((Practical effects: Maybe something involving the south, aristos, and capis. I haven't decided yet.))

Yes on both bills!

"On the note of the "Freedom Act", I wish to vote Nay. Limitations to immigrations help us to perserve our cultural identity, and to perserve Chile as a united state under one government. I fear if we have an open-door policy, then we will let in potential unwanted guests, and in worst cases we will face a multi national country, which we have seen in many cases, leads to conflict and division among the populace, laying the foundation for a civil war. If we need work force, then I suggest we let in experts and people willing to assimilate into the Chilean culture and become a part of Chile, and support its unity, rather than risking a cultural battle.

The Catholic faith is also a part of our culture, and should be the one supported by the state, because it has great cultural value. What religion one practices within their own four walls, is none of my concern, but the state must support the Catholic faith, which has helped many chileans through rough times who had only god to comfort them during the war. On the matter of living restrictions, I believe if you wish to live in Chile you must become a part of Chile, which is why I support residency over Full citzenship.

However I wish to vote Yay on the Land Re-proportion Act. It is vital we clear the last Spaniards out, and selling this land to the rich will give a great deal of money into the treasury which can then be invested in Chilean State Affairs. Meanwhile the capitalists will be able to make this land into a profit, which will in turn mean more tax money for the government."

- Treasurer Romano

As Senator for the far south of Chile, based in Punta Arenas, I am witness to the many hardships faced by the native Chileans in the wilderness. The last thing that is needed down here is exploitative capitalists.

Therefore I vote:

Yes on Freedom Act
No on Land re-proportion Act.

-Senator for Punta Arenas, Witold Tamiuszski

President Badajoz, if I am needed, I will fill that Foreign Advisor role.

Pardio Nacional: Yes

I have already been chosen to fill that role, though if the President wishes, he may relieve me of that duty and allow me to return to my brigade, which is now under the command of... General... Carrow. I must also vote Yes to both bills, seeing as how Chile should be open to all people, and the vicious Spanish must be fully explelled from our lands, though one brigade may not be enough to achieve this.

Yes to both bills.

((I have just rolled General Traits - which I do by random die and rolling again if the trait is inappropriate (IE: I would re-roll "Professor" for general Zepeda and in fact did.) I would just like to say BWAHAHAHA.))

I stand against the Freedom Act, because of its great power to harm us. As Treasurer Romano has pointed out, it is wise to consider its effects on our national identity and culture.

On the other hand, I for one support the Land Acts, which will drive the last Spaniard out of Chile, but I would want to suggest an amendment that will do the same thing for the Swiss, Austrians, and Italians in Rhaetia(just my personal opinion)

-Emilio Hernandez de Caviezel
Senator of Bio-Bio Province

Our culture IS one of emigration towards foreign lands. I would also like to say the soldiers are meant to remove Spanish soldiers loyal to the Government of Spain, not people who wish to live in our most Serene Democracy.

Nay to Freedom Act
Yea to Land Act