• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"It is good to know that people have confidence in the President. He is, after all, the right man to protect the Chilean state from anarchists and other insurrectionaries. He will also be able to ensure that the Chilean armed forces are up to scratch."

General Severiano Miramontes

President Cortez, I question my posting with the Army of the South. Although I was a fighter for the Republicanos during the war, I do not see why I should be given an important command when there are more experienced men available. I will take the post if you insist, but I do not want politics to get in the way of our countries defense. Choosing military posts based off political loyalty and not skill will only be damaging to the already tense political climate.
This is not a question of political loyalties but a short-term measure to ensure stability for two years. You are politically uninterested but have confidence on my leadership which is why I chose you, Araya, and Miramontes as commanders of our armies.

If you insists on not taking the position, you have the liberty to tell me so and I'll place the burden to someone else.

President Cortez, have you authorized, or supported, Senor Weismueller's little 'expedition?' Some of my friends in Bolivia have informed me that he in the country, hunting German. While I am no admirer of that murderer, I am concerned about how far Weismueller is willing to go in this pursuit; this could possibly result in a reigniting of tensions with Brazil. I would advise you to rein in the Colonel, or run the risk of an international fiasco...

((Hooray for insomnia!))
I have made no authorisation on Weissmuller's actions. For as long as he is functioning his role as Minister of the Interior, I see no problem with it.

- President Alejandro Cortez.

Last edited:
The Republic of Chile now, for the first time, addresses the Accion Patriotica.

To Jorges Roseno, spokesperson of the Accion Patriotica, You and your movement is fairly unknown to me since you have been in the shadows of Chilean politics for many years. So I will first ask you these. What does your movement stand for? What changes have happened to your group since the last civil war? And why would we put you back to Chilean society?

- President Alejandro Cortez

I cannot pretend to speak for Jorge Roseno, or every member of the organisation, but I can outline our core beliefs.

When the Empire fell, those who were loyal or connected to the government were expelled, imprisoned or killed by the victorious rebels. Out of the ashes of the Imperialista movement and those outside the extremism of its opponents, there was always those who considered the ideal of a strong, stable, nationalist and expansionist government. Perhaps our leader put it best when he said:

Prince Jorge Roseno said:
We are the moderates, the constitutionalists, the protectors of Chile...
...A constitutional rebirth for Chile,
By Reason or By Force

We are mostly conservative and moderate in all aspects except that we believe in changing the way the government works and less about whether we govern.
We believe in nationalism, but not to exclude non-Chileans; We wish to fulfil the ideal of a pan-Andean nation where all people's may live free to pursue their riches and freedom.
We believe in an apolitical army. Given freedom to pursue campaigns in the field and not the streets.

I could not say we renounce the Empire's ideals, as they were an inspiration for Chile's enlightened conservatives, but we are not in favour of emulating Cesar's methods or his model of governance.

Perhaps we could be called progressive nationalists.

The only thing keeping us outside the law is that the Prince and I were never tried or pardoned for our alleged crime of association, and never would be as long as the Liberales ruled the country.

Last edited:
Perhaps the honorable Oscar de Vallenare would wish to officially be tried in court now that the Interior Minister has so readily cleaned the house? I dare say, let us give the Monarquistos an opportunity for redemption.

Two figures trek through a swamp. It is night.

"When do you think they'll figure it out...?"

"Never. There isn't the slightest clue where he is, not even from me. For all I know, he could be in the United States."

The other figure frowns, though it is hard to see due to the darkness.

"I don't know...are you sure he's out of harm's way?"

"Trust me. He's loco, but clever. He knows what he's-- keep low! Patrol!"

The posse moved closer to the border, when Augusto suddenly called for a halt.
"He wouldn't cross the border, he would want us to think he did. He has few allies in Bolivia, and he wouldn't want to be seen as a man who abandon his allies by his followers. He hasn't crossed. He is still in Chile. Probably hiding in one of the nearby villages. Search them all thoroughly."
And such Weissmüller's posse decided not to cross into Bolivia yet, because of the colonel's gut feeling that the traitor was still in Chile.

"I find the placing of political allies as head of multiple military branches absurd, and seems to be another play by conservatives on latching onto their power, through force if necessary."

-Senator Cesar Carnal

Vallenare speaks very well for our cause.

Let me add...

No member of Accion Patriotic were members of the Imperial government. And my family, save for my brother Sebastian who was a participant in the government, were exonerated by President Santa Rosa. Mr. Vallenare was (not an actual member of the government, created afterwards as a ex-Imperial soldier) presumably covered in the general amnesty of former Imperial soldiers, but found himself imprisoned in Bolivia regardless due to the breakdown of communications. Thus his escape from Bolivia was an escape from wrongful imprisonment.

So for past actions, I feel to the strongest degree that our leadership have committed no crimes and should not be put on trial.

For our current actions, obviously the primary condition of our ceasefire is amnesty for the guerrilla warfare and agitation we have conducted. That is a simple equation; we lay down our arms in exchange for no reprisals.

However that is not the only condition at work. We do not wish to simply retire from public life, we want Accion Patriotica and even people we don't agree with - Rosenoists, other constitutional monarchists, etc. - to be able to freely practice peaceful political discourse without censorship or fear of reprisals.

And on a personal matter, as I was never a member of the Imperial government and was never heir to throne, my titles are an affectation derived from my circle of friends and followers who went with me to Spain. My court are a private cultural institution, keeping alive some traditions from the Imperial period, and the government has no business regulating what we call ourselves. If I had actually served as a Duke or an Imperial Marshal at a time when it carried actual power of office in the then government of Chile, that would be another matter. But I was bestowed upon my titles by a group of Imperial sympathizers with no titles, armies, or offices; people who your government did not try or hold accountable for Cesar I's actions. So saying that my private institution, my cultural association, most not use certain words is ridiculous and un-Chilean censorship.

There you have it. I am not here to use these negotiations to force the kind of constitutional convention and reform I desire, my only demands are that, if we drop our arms, we be allowed to continue public lives in peace with no restrictions or reprisals.

Senor Roseno makes several strong points (though his use of an Imperial title is still... controversial). I would have no problem with amnesty, free discourse, and such.

My only problem is his title; I understand his usage, but we banned Imperial titles in this nation, and it is still far too soon to end that policy. I would likely agree to a fair compromise that did not include this bit, but it is still somewhat hard for me to accept.

If you never have held office from your title than you are doubly guilty, for you seek to claim what is not by law yours. Imperial titles must remained banned, I agree with the honorable de Rosa.

The only real title was Prince. As there was never a Dukedom of Araucania I should be able to use that title bestowed upon me by a private recreational cultural association. And I am heir of the Roseno family, and changing the name to Roseno de la Andes is no business of the government.

I can see dropping Prince, as that was indeed a prior title, but the rest are private matters, not bound by the original intention of the law against Imperial titles; as Duke was NOT ever an imperial title.

And yet Dukedom implies ownership. Why, I suppose I can call myself Jose Aragon Duke of Santiago and delude myself into thinking I own the state?

You do a good enough job in deluding yourself about that already.

The liberales are all sinners and will recieve the worst punishment possible: hell. They are doomed, for their republic spits on our values and disrespects our culture. We must destroy this republic, not ally with it! Señor Vallenare is being subdued by the political elites. They are buying his independence by offering him a seat in the Congress and an official pardon, for they only intend him to moderate his views and crush his dream, slowly turning us into just mere conservatives instead of visionaries. We must continue agitating until we see the fruits of our actions!

Our positions are given to us by the popular vote of the people of Glorious Chile, your titles are written on deeds and handed out as political favors. Non-existent titles, why, thats another story

Message from colonel Weissmüller's staff:

The colonel wanted us to inform that he think the Accion Patriotica are a welcome addition to our political discourse if they drop all stupid titles like Prince and Duke. They are silly.

I will not drop this issue as a pre-condition to negotiation, but if we can consider the peace talks over and done, yes - I will drop all titles and style myself as Jorges Roseno de la Andes if that minor matter is all that is standing in the way of gaining an official and binding armistice between our two parties; we drop our arms and engage in public life, no reprisals or trials against us. That would be, the initiative is now in the President's hands.

I will make the sacrifice to my personal beliefs if that is what is necessary for the movement.