• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"I am sad to see that our Chilean Congreso representing the democratic rule of Chile, has turned into a club featuring bickering and propaganda which is completetly out of acceptable proportion. I can only hope the tone of the debates will improve, for insults does not serve our democracy."

- Senator Romano

It does not behoove us to bicker like the sons of Chile, we must behave like her men. It would seem I won the election, not certain, but I have. Chile will move on to glorious Democracy and freedom.

It does not behoove us to bicker like the sons of Chile, we must behave like her men. It would seem I won the election, not certain, but I have. Chile will move on to glorious Democracy and freedom.

"Indeed my dear Senator. Hopefully under your government we can turn the economical and social tide in Chile."

- Senator Romano

Congratulations indeed Senator Badajoz. I look forward to what your administration can accomplish. As an experienced lawyer you could probably have some use for my services. And if a position was offered, let's just say I would take it into consideration. May freedom and democracy reign in Chile!

Karl Weissmüller

Karl, the elections are not over yet. You were watching the Conservadore Primaries yes? A changing of the tides can happen at any time.

((Thunder, Do we have any ships in our navy?))

Historically yes, in game no. You can construct additional ships if you'd like if you become President.

With a little under 12 hours left:

Presidential Candidates:
Michael Badajoz ((zagoroth)): 13
Francisco Rivera ((atomicsoda)): 10
Abstaining: 0

(Still not including candidates presumable votes for themselves.)

Romano (Budget) Compromise
Yes: 13
No: 10
Abstaining: 2

If the office of treasurer isn't taken yet, I would love that position, Senator Badajoz! My years in the market make me an experienced businessmen, and I went to an American college to learn economics and management! However, if it taken, I have no qualms about any position; I merely wish to serve Chile to the best of my ability.

As well, I am a firm Liberal and a believer in republicanism and freedom. Even if I do not get a cabinet position, I am willing to donate to the treasury to help keep the nation afloat during the transition process.

Last edited:
Forgive this re-post, I want to keep it recent to keep track:

I know what I said earlier, but maybe we should discuss treats.

Since we cant organize much better than this forum, I will ask my voters, the independents, and my opponents for position they want in a government ran under Badajoz.

Generals: I will offer three generalship position. One position to a Liberale who voted for me, one to an independent who voted for me, and one to a independent who voted for the Conservadores (General Cesar Roseno, you are not out of my mind as a good option for a balancing military general).

Admiral: Gabriel Alvarez, Grand Captain of Chile's Glorious Navy of Our Most Serene Republic

Treasurer: Senator Romano I will offer one person to be in charge of managing the economical policies stipulated in the Compromise Bill, or that I propose. Likewise, you yourself will be in position to make contributions to the economy. I will put in charge a Liberale for this position, as obviously we ran on Liberal economic principle

Foreign Advisers: Manuel Carrera for Bolivia, Peru, and the North, and ____ for Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay. Will keep an eye on bordering nations, and will have voice of import in how we deal with threats or allies. I will put an independent in charge of this.

Interior adviser: Senator Alvarez Ana Keeps an eye on the interior of Chile to look at Civil Unrest and the like. A Conservative who does not mine working under me is welcome to this position.

Advisers of Transition to Full Democracy for Glorious Republic of Chile: Will have major voices in offering bills, which I agree with, in the transition to a greater Chilean Democracy (for example, adding the ability for not just the landed aristocracy to vote, proportion of votes in game, etc...). I myself will propose one or two passings (for game play reasons I am sure, Hawk does not want all to pass at once.) I will accept one Liberale and one Conservative member.

Campaign Manager: Helps in re-election

I have a few people in mind I would like to reward for good service in this election, but obviously do not know what stance they want in my government.

If anyone is interested in one of these positions, please tell me.

Also if there is some obvious position I forgot, please tell me.

De Santa Rosa, I would love to make you in charge of the economy. However, the author of the compromise bill which appears to pass has had his wish on it. I hope you understand if I allow him to be my adviser? Would you accept a position in my Liberal Bills, or campaign manager.

Likewise yourworstnightm, a position in Liberal Bills or campaign manager?

Also importantly, which Liberals WANT to have a position as a general in my government?

the election is as good as over i think. Now will chile fly or collapse in a ball of fire :unsure:

I don't think there is any place for a clerk in govn't anyhow :happy:

I have to say, my confidence in Rivera has been shaken. One does not use dishonourable means to overturn the results of an honourable contest for leadership.
A coup like that would not receive my support. I want an immediate answer from River on this issue, or I might drop my support for his platform. While I do not fully agree with Badajoz, at least he seems honourable enough to not attempt a coup d'etat. Any coup that seeks to destroy the system of government of Chile would receive my vehement opposition.

- Brigadier General Jorge Alejandro Santandera

Senator Romano, I prefer to say a Liberale government with some moderate conservatives here under my good will ;-).

Liberale generals, anyone?

Do not worry Santandera, there is no power the conservativos have to stop the transition of government to the Liberales. Chile will finally have her glorious Democracy, but it is telling that some conservativos seem to want to stop my rise in government.

We need some generals though in my government, no takers for some reason.

¡Chile para los Chilenos!

I will cast my vote for Francisco Rivera and against the budget compromise. What is good about a compromise if what you get is a shattered Chile in the long run.

-Emilio Hernandez de Caviezel

Senator Romano, I prefer to say a Liberale government with some moderate conservatives here under my good will ;-).

Liberale generals, anyone?

"Please dont forget that without our support, Rivera would win the election"

- Senator Romano

I will cast my vote for Francisco Rivera and against the budget compromise. What is good about a compromise if what you get is a shattered Chile in the long run.

-Emilio Hernandez de Caviezel

I have seen your vote and I will include it in the tally, but as a reminder to all participants, you must BOLD YOUR VOTES.

Last edited:
(twas joking mate, I wouldnt have made you in charge of the budget if I was to completely disregard the centrist conservatives. It is the centrist conservatives and centrist Liberales who will be the future of Chile, I foresee. It will be the job of the Liberales for high liberty to establish our most glorious democracy to suit the people of Chile)