• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If we're trying to flesh out the character list with more details:

Gabriel Alvarez - Currently Admiral of the Free Chilean Navy. Started as a Captain in the Chilean Navy. Was promoted to Admiral of the then-nonexistant Chilean fleet under the Badajoz administration. Was promoted to Minister of War and Navy under Badajoz's second administration. Supported the Zepeda coup and was imprisoned and stripped of his position. Declared innocent (the only of the coup members to be acquitted) by the Senate on account of his motives. Returned to command the Navy as Admiral. Given command of the Rear Guard of the Army of the North under Romano's second administration. Reinstated as Admiral by the Republicano forces in the royalist coup. Harassed Chilean shipping as "Admiral of the Free Chilean Navy" with the seized frigate San Martin.

Imperial Honors Act?
The Act granted titles and distinctions to certain participants of the coup and other wars around that time, I think. Since it was passed, we will have to make it clear that we reject the imperial honors and titles given by it. Those who obtained such distinctions from the power hungry empire should declare them null.

third coup? what are you talking about? I can only remember two.
((There were actually four, if I remember right. 1. Zepeda. 2. Reactionaries who got no support. 3. The Empire. 4. Liberal rebels who lead to the republicano victory.
Maybe the character list should list coups as well. A basic description of their goals and then the results.))

((You forgot both of my characters.))

((What were your characters again (please give me the names and accomplishments)))

((Also, began updating the list. At the end of this AAR, I will post the final character list for all people dead or alive))

cavebear3000: you should probably add your character's name in the sig

(I like your creativity, making my governor of O'higgins. I actually looked it up and learned something of Chilean history. You ser, hoi2geek, deserve the Chilean Star of Sublime Free Republican Democratic Chile!)

Also, I would assume that the return of the Democracy will allow the return of the reforms passed by all the elected presidents of Chile?

My cabinet is almost finished, my ambassadorial posts are done, and the army appointments are as well. I won't unveil it until after this vote is decided. I've tried to give access to all sides, and will bring in pardoned Imperialistas to reintroduce them in this new Republic.

((Polls close tonight, right? Oh, and what is Mikeboy's character's name?))

((José Olózaga. Businessman and political writer for the purposes of the character list.))

((Chile gets all the reforms that Jacobin rebels enforce in-game, plus the healthcare reform TH passed to lower militancy.))

didn't jacobins enforce a borgoise dictatorship?

((Mikeboy/Olozaga, clear your inbox/your mailbox is overflowing!

Ambassador to France is still open

Jacobins enforced a Democracy))

Last edited:
((V2's weird. Jacobin rebels enforce democracy (which really isn't very historically accurate if you think about it), and anarcho-liberal rebels (which I still think make little to no sense) enforce bourgeouis dictatorship.))

That gives me troubles in the AAR. As the leader of the Anarcho-Liberals, am I leading Anarchists, radical liberals, libertarians, anarchist liberals or jacobins?

((Probably a hodgepodge of the lot of them))

Then if they are anarchists (despise the state) and liberals (fight for liberty) aren't they fighting for their freedom against the state? Because if they enforce their demands they remove all political reforms (going against liberty) and therefore strengthen the state.. I would rather lead libertarians or anarchists.. We have to clear this up before the elections..

((Like I said, anarcho-liberals make no sense in this game. I personally think that, in the way they're presented in-game, it'd be much better if they were referred to as Jacobins, and then the current Jacobins be made into Angry/Radical Liberals.))

((Updated the list again.

Also Ivir, you should see one of your characters in there. Don't know about the other one.))

((Oi! You forgot Sérgio Gogołów, my current character. Also, you should mention that Santandera participated in one of the wars against Argentina. Also the fact that he was a General through and through.
Also, please include his middle name thanks. Just nit-picking :D (since the list is supposed to be used as a reference, might as well include as many important facts as possible).))