• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"As one might expect, I declare for the Republican cause. Regarding the possible secession of Patagonia, I have two things to say: firstly, that it exists merely as an attempt by a discredited ruler to cling on to some form of power; secondly, that it will make itself vulnerable to Argentinian aggression. Many Chileans died so that Patagonia would be liberated, and now all of that is threatened by a single maneouver. I ask the 'emperor': would a true patriot let his country's patrimony be taken from it? Because if you are one, you would stop your mad scheme and recognise what should be the legitimate government of Chile. You have barely any soldiers, so I severely doubt that you will be able to survive for long, should open conflict occur. Bear that in mind before you make your decision."

Anselmo Galante

((So it's all down to Weismuller's vote, this is intense.))

((I'm pretty sure that Weissmüller will be a royalist. Especially so since the Republicans hate his guts))

The Resignation of Antonio Disraeli

That traitor Cortez, I gave him his first Ministry. I gave him his army!

Patagonia is lost, but we are not!

Tamiuszki, Caviezel, Vallenare! True sons of the Empire!

Bunkering here at the temporary capital in the north for a last stand, while romantic, would just give the Empire a heroic image in the historybooks, no matter what the Viceroyalist propaganda said about the event. That is not worth it. Your lives are worth more to the Empire than that!

You will depart the provisional capital immediately and go underground in the surrounding, only sparsely rebellious, northern countryside and towns. You will form a resistance, you can organize it anyway you please.

I hereby resign my position as Prime Minister and pass on emergency authority to Vallenare, with final instructions to smuggle Cesar I out of the country at all costs. We may not possess a navy, but I trust capable men such as yourselves can get him far enough beyond our borders and those of our enemies to hire a ship to some neutral country, or even to Spain - where he will be well received and perhaps given an army to reclaim his throne one day, or for his other sons to do the same.

The Empire will rise again - Viva los Emperador!

Last edited:
walespng.jpg
The Free Chilean Navy accepts the reprieve of Romano, Carrow, and the other supporters of the restoration of the republic until the republic is reestablished and trials can be held, and accepts the directives of de Santa Rosa as the leader of the republican forces during the interim period.

I invite any republican minded member of the former royalist government who feels threatened to take shelter on the San Martin (under watch but not confinement), where their reprieve can be enforced by our 44 guns ((number of cannons taken from the OTL Chilean frigate Valdivia as a guess at what the San Martin would have)).

- Admiral Alvarez

((Lolwut? Taking a ship to Spain? Oh the Republicans will have fun with the above statement by Disraeli, I am quite sure. :p))

OOC: Since I apparently am not allowed to keep it a secret anymore.

IC: The Security Ministry has ordered the false Caesar and the tyrant Disraeli to be arrested. That is all.
Colonel Augusto Weissmüller, Minister of Security

OOC: Since I apparently am not allowed to keep it a secret anymore.

IC: The Security Ministry has ordered the false Caesar and the tyrant Disraeli to be arrested. That is all.
Colonel Augusto Weissmüller, Minister of Security

A masterful final betrayal. And right after you were just charged with the security of the Emperor's person...

(And yes, in a coup/uprising, you have to state your position in the open. The idea is that the time for backroom plotting has finally past and it's time for everyone to put their cards on the table.)

With all relevant people reporting, I'll get that update out some time tonight (hopefully, I'm busy today). I have my suspicions about how it's going to end.

EDIT: That was quick edit, Rogov, but I saw your post before you changed it.

I hereby resign my position as Prime Minister and pass on emergency authority to a Diumverate of Weismuller and Vallenare, with final instructions to smuggle Cesar I out of the country at all costs. We may not possess a navy, but I trust capable men such as yourselves can get him far enough beyond our borders and those of our enemies to hire a ship to some neutral country, or even to Spain - where he will be well received and perhaps given an army to reclaim his throne one day, or for his other sons to do the same.

Weissmuller, I thought you were more intelligent than that. Whatever post they promised you, the real assignment you will get is a noose. These bloodthirsty Viceroyalistas will give you show trial before a kangaroo court and then execute you, their hated enemy. You think they will forgive all the rebels you "interrogated" the past 6 years?

As for the Traitor Prince, unfortunately I have a feeling foolish Viceroyalists will allow him to keep an army and he'll wind up being, not an honorable Emperor, but a dishonorable dictator.

(( This is why the Emperor needed a Life-Guard, because the head of the secret police could not be left out of leadership in an emergency without pushing him, the power hungry Beria figure, to rebel; but could not be trusted with the person of the Emperor either.

But you can't include him getting charged with the safety of the Emperor without including Vallenare as well - I said Diumverate. So Vallenare should have a chance of saving the Emperor's life from Weismuller's clutches. I don't see how you can use my words against me if you aren't going to actually use my words.))

Disreali, the real difference between what you'd call a 'honourable Emperor' and a dishonorable dictator is nill.

The republic is victorious!

"Since the forces of revolution have triumphed, I suggest that Santa Rosa takes the helm as interim president until the end of this term. I leave the formation of cabinet to him, but I recommend that he includes at least one former Imperialist, to show our country's unity. We must not let petty squabbling undermine our nation."

Anselmo Galante

Thank you for your support, Senor Galante and Admiral Alvarez! I, as I've stated before, support leniency to those who have switched to our side. Senor, or Herr, Weismueller, will not be immune from the law; he will pay for his crimes, but he will not suffer the same penalties as say, Disraeli or the Emperor, if he wishes to be known as that still.

Those who remained with the Emperor until the end, however, will face the full force of the law on them, and I will not shield them from it.

It is now time to restore the Republic! The People of Chile are Victorious!

- Interim President (until further notice) Antonio de Santa Rosa

The people of Chile have lost, now we will suffer under the heel of Viceroyalist dictators once more.

General Cortez, I had not known you would side with the Republic as well. I am glad to know that the military shall not be torn asunder by the last remnants of the Imperial Government. It seems it is only a matter of mere days before the work of re-establishing the Republic can truely begin, and as such I shall now relieve myself of my command of the Army of the North. The words shown by many within the Republicanos have showed me that I will never be accepted as the Republic loving man that I am and have always been. I place my army under the command of Rosa himself, and shall travel to Admiral Alvarez San Martin to await my trial there. As I have said before, I will not accept any pardon for myself by Rosa for my father's action (if he is not brought into custody) or any crimes I may have commited against Chile. I have never had any allusion as to ruling Chile as the tyrant Disraeli would have you believe, and would never turn my army against Chile.

-Sebastian Roseno

((And so the game of politics continues... betrayal, betrayal, and more betrayal. I suppose creating an empire on based on assumptions of loyalty was not a wise idea...Oh well, at least I executed the idea.))

((And so the game of politics continues... betrayal, betrayal, and more betrayal. I suppose creating an empire on based on assumptions of loyalty was not a wise idea...Oh well, at least I executed the idea.))

((Executed in more ways than one! Eh! Eh? Get it... because you're going to get executed for executing your plan? Eh?))

I don't think I should be forced to pay for my grandfather's crimes. He was the one chasing the Republicans. I was new at my post I was awarded after my grandfather's retirement and had barely even had time to begin my work when the Republican uprising began. As soon as the rightful president's forces gathered the Security Ministry has worked against the false Imperial Government.

Colonel Augusto Weissmüller

Last edited:
As acting Prime Minister, I urge the Emperor to give his orders one way or the other. Do we fight or lay down arms
I will serve the goverment of Chile loyally, as always.

-Acting Prime Minister de Vallanare.

((Should I not receive any orders from Cesar to the contrary TH, assume I arranged Cesar's flight from the country and surrendered the Chilean government to the commander of the San Martin))

Last edited: