• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My thanks for the appointment to the Ministry of War. I look forward to keeping the Chilean army under my watch for the next five years.

-Witold Tamiuszski

God Save the Emperor. ;)

((Put a new party in power.))

((The parties were dissolved with the overthrow of the Republic. Ergo, that is not possible)).

So we still haven't heard anything from Roseno regarding the military appointments, so if he doesn't get back to us in the next few hours I'll assume the Prime Minister's decision stands and issue the next update.

((Not in in-game terms, which is what we're talking about.))

((Still, it's not as if there is any liberal dude itching to get into power. There might be Prince Roseno, but I don't think he is going to pursue a career as prime minister.))

Its been a while.

I quit this AAR a while back because it got in the way of my work, and unfortunately I let the issues with the (first, apparently) Coup pollute the enjoyment I was having from before. I may or may not return to the AAR, but figured I should say something as I am re-introducing myself to the forums as a whole.

Red Cesar:

Congratulations! I knew you had some card to play in all of this. Oh, and the Liberales told you all what would happen.

((I say.. Return at once!... and be a Republicano...

Yeah, perhaps Liberalization is needed to preserve this fracturing state))

((Hey all! I have been going on these forums for a while now. Today I clicked the wrong page and stumbled upon this interactive AAR by accident. I haven't been able to stop reading. This AAR is by far the most in depth I have seen so far, in fact I was so inspired that I created an account just today so I could participate. Are people still allowed to jump in with new characters?))

((Why yes they are! We always welcome new faces... and characters! (and at the Presidents, too... but I'm not advertising!)))

((Not every insult, just a good lot of them! :D There may not be a chance for the Imperialists to hold together, what with all the in-fighting!))

EDIT: ((It occurs to me that Gloa and I are now rival Naval commanders here and Presidential nominees elsewhere...))
((Indeed, indeed. And in both cases my characters represent freedom and yours represent tyranny! :p (I'm kidding, of course) ))

((and for our new and returning members...))
walespng.jpg

Experience Freedom!
The Free Chilean Navy is Always Recruiting:
You'll see the world, if only because when we get close to most parts of Chile we get fired upon by shore batteries.​

Speaking of the Viceroyalist ship plodding out there, I beseech the Imperial Court to devise an emblem for the oncoming Imperial Armada.

the Liberales told you all what would happen.

Indeed.

But it is too late for that, and I have decided I will take up refuge in secret pathways in the Andes, some of them were used to hide San Martin's army during the Independence wars, but I doubt the government will find me. I will report now and then until the situation has been handled. I will wait this out, agitating until the militancy of the people rises up significantly, and I invite many to do the same. There are many hidden weapon caches but no men to use them, so until our cause starts getting noticed, I will continue the fight underground. We have suffered many casualties and we, the remains of an old elite of congressmen and free thinkers, will not last long in the open, but can only hope to get to the hearts of the people.

Our enemies have tried to impose a democratic look to the imperial court. They speak of equal representation and balance, but I don't feel represented.. and I was supposed to represent the people's desires in the Congreso, for that I was elected. But nobody elected Cesar I to be the eternal king and lord of Chile. He was supposed to serve his term and he failed his most important responsability: the one to the people.

Other politicans have no chance against generals and nobles, since their votes are worthless against the imperial backed ones. There will be no equalty here, as long as the upper house, or "imperial court" as they call it, is free and it's members elected by the people. And it never will be free because the only ones able to do so, deny because they would see their power fade. So there's no peacefull resolution to this.

The only way out here is that we propose an agreement to the emperor: We stop our fight against the Empire if he allows us to write a constitution, and become a constitutional monarchy. It is the only way for this regime to go down quietly.

But I am not stupid. I know the emperor will never agree to such agreement. That's why we must fight! That's why we must carry the Republicano flag. We must abolish monarchy!

Last edited:
There can be no compromise with these traitors to democracy. If we give into them Zapeda then the sacrifice of Santandera and other heroes is for nothing.

Carlos Andonie