• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR HIS IMPERIAL MAJESTY: As part of my defense plan, the Bio-Bio provincial militia has been mobilized. They will be placed under the command of His Imperial Majesty, and I will personally lead my troops into battle should civil war be inevitable.

Current strength:

-34,000 men in the infantry forces
-20,000 men in the cavalry forces
-4,000 men in the artillery forces
-9,000 volunteers within the province
-17 cannons
-12 fishing vessels (to be used as troop carriers/AAVs (if necessary))*
-300,000 rounds of ammunition

*These fishing vessels are enough to carry 6 brigades
-----------------------------------
-Emilio Hernandez de Caviezel

((those numbers are...egregious))

((I personally think we should leave the numbers and stuff to TH. After all, he is the one playing the game, and what happens in game is more or less what happens in the AAR.))

((Well, most of the province enlisted in the militia anyway.))

((67000 men - a third of which are on horses when barely a thousand people in the province know how to ride them. My figures are probably accurate - Valparaiso's a big city. Also, you conscripted. My figures are pre-existing and volunteers only. I could make them far bigger with conscription.))

((Those are probably the numbers for the whole chilean army..))

((Chile only has at most 12 brigades - 36000. Chile has a population of about 1 million working men. If his numbers apply to the whole of Chile, then that's all of them in the army. All of them.))

((Chile only has at most 12 brigades - 36000. Chile has a population of about 1 million working men. If his numbers apply to the whole of Chile, then that's all of them in the army. All of them.))

((...:eek: wow. That's a lot of people. A lot of angry people, due to being forcibly conscripted. Also, Chile doesn't have the resources to arm all that. Really, we don't. Never did. Even the above posted numbers for "Bio-Bio" would bankrupt Chile))

IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR HIS IMPERIAL MAJESTY: As part of my defense plan, the Bio-Bio provincial militia has been mobilized. They will be placed under the command of His Imperial Majesty, and I will personally lead my troops into battle should civil war be inevitable.

Current strength:

-34,000 men in the infantry forces
-20,000 men in the cavalry forces
-4,000 men in the artillery forces
-9,000 volunteers within the province
-17 cannons
-12 fishing vessels (to be used as troop carriers/AAVs (if necessary))*
-300,000 rounds of ammunition

*These fishing vessels are enough to carry 6 brigades
-----------------------------------
-Emilio Hernandez de Caviezel

Yeah, so hoi2geek and Ivir, leave the actual military numbers to me. The ENTIRE Chilean Army right now is only 24,000 men and the entire mobilization size is 4 brigades (12,000), so that's patently ridiculous. You can feel free to role-play as much as you like but that's a little crazy.

Also, I know you guys want an update but 1) I promised I wait until tomorrow evening and 2) I don't know if you guys know this, but it's Thanksgiving in the United States so I can't really today. Just hold your horses.

((We really need an update just so all this talk of "the people are on our side" "no their on our side" "no our side". It is just getting a bit rediculous, especially when the Vice-royalists say they can raise a whole army, even though the army is garrisoning the cities and towns they are "establishing a nation" in. I mean really, we should only RP so far as the game let's us, which has formed the Empire already with no civil war yet. TH, how exactly will the mobilization go? Will they become ours straight away, or is that surprise you are talking about the mobilization being split?))

((Yeah hold on everyone. Roleplay is going too far. At this time there shouldn't even be an organized resistance since the empire is just establishing itself, we're just getting the shock.))

BTW are we at war?

As I have been the most loyal to the Empire, I also fell that we need to adopt new symbols to represent your glorious reign, Your Highness.

((Yes... The most loyal... That is why you have a position in the new government. :p))

Perhaps it would be wise for our glorious Emperor or Minister of War to revoke Santandera's Generalship with his recent disloyalty to mother Chile, and expose him to the people for the traitor he is.

"A wise request Marshal. I hereby revoke General Santandera of all titles, awards, and holdings. He is to be immediately apprehended by State Security officers, unless he seeks asylum. I will not revoke any titles, awards, and holdings of any other agitators seeking asylum, but you will be apprehended if you fail to do so."

-Emperor Cesar I

At least I support giving you all trials, fair and impartial (as they can be), by a jury of your peers. I am sad to see that that view isn't prevalent amongst the Imperialistas...