• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Tax Increase Act: No

We musn't crush our rising middle class of clerks and officers. We must instead act to extend voting rights to this class!

Tax Increase Act: Yes

Additional revenue is necessary to avoid governmental failure and maintain growth in our industry and global standing.

Tax Increase Act: YES

It isn't much of an increase. The tax will still be lower than before the President's term. It simply remedies the mistake made with the tax decrease before it which was made with a bit too much optimism.

- General Jorge Alejandro Santandera

Tax Increase Act: Yes

I hold no glad thoughts about an increase of taxes, but we have little choice to help keep our Government from eventual collapse. I would suggest to Presidente Romano, that at least 3 new brigades be recruited, but another war thought long and hard about. I would also suggest establishing State Controlled Unions for our growing factory workers.

Tax Increase Act:
Yes: 8
No: 8
Abstain: 1

So we're all tied up.

Tax Increase Act: YEA

I fully support Minister Carrera's call for the recruitment of three more regiments and believe that upon their completion of training, we immediately consider the possibility of further expanding Chile. As well, I believe it is necessary for us to establish State-Controlled Unions in orders to give the new factory workers a legitimate method of communicating with the government and business interests which will not threaten the stability of our great nation. Chile is composed of all its people and we must give the woprkers a way to communicate without having to resort to damaging the economy or political stability.

"As well, I support Minister Carrera's call for more brigades, seeing as how I am currently lacking sophisticated artillery to take on any threats, and no more men under my command then when we threw back the traitorous coup orchestrated by Zapeda."

-General Cesar Roseno

"If the Tax bill passes, then I promise the Minister of War and General Roseno that I will look into a possible creation of three new brigades, and where these will be placed and used. This bill has to pass first however before such a consideration is possible."

- President Romano

Tax Increase Act: Nay

Our military is already powerful enough, and our economy is in the green, so there is no need for a tax increase. If the lower classes have purchasing power, it will encourage foreign investment, and add to our industrial development. Besides, heavy taxes often stir resentment among the peasants, which is bad for business.

-Armando de Vasces, Treasurer

Tax Increase Act: Abstain

"Also, Rivera, I was thinking of Frente Patriótico as a party name."

Sounds like a good fit.
((What would the descriptive term for the partisans be?))

General Reina, if we keep raising taxes to field a larger and uneeded army, the only use it will get is putting down our poor subjects when they rebel against these tax increases.

Tax Increase Act: Nay

Our military is already powerful enough, and our economy is in the green, so there is no need for a tax increase. If the lower classes have purchasing power, it will encourage foreign investment, and add to our industrial development. Besides, heavy taxes often stir resentment among the peasants, which is bad for business.

-Armando de Vasces, Treasurer

"With all due respect minister, I was under the impression we need tax increase in order to balance the budget. I have been told one thing and your telling me another, please double check it"

- President Romano

Tax Increase Act:
Yes: 10
No: 9

(The treasury is running a very small daily surplus. You might be able to raise one brigade on it.)

Tax Increase Act:
Yes: 10
No: 9

(The treasury is running a very small daily surplus. You might be able to raise one brigade on it.)

((Also about the darwin act, wouldnt it have been more appropriate to have a vote if it should be included in schools rather than banned? As far as i know it wouldnt have been automaticly in schools, but must be included first by vote?))

((Also about the darwin act, wouldnt it have been more appropriate to have a vote if it should be included in schools rather than banned? As far as i know it wouldnt have been automaticly in schools, but must be included first by vote?))

My reasoning was that 1) new information is typically taught without it having to be by law permitted to be taught and 2) the invention fired in game without my intervention, so it was status quo - it would take a special act to unfire it.