+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 546 FirstFirst ... 4 29 54 79 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 129 154 179 204 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 10914

Thread: Shadow of the Andes - An Interactive Chilean AAR

El Presidente of Tropico & etc Ivir Baggins's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    500k club

Tax Increase Act: Abstain

"Also, Rivera, I was thinking of Frente Patriótico as a party name."
    "Moab is my washpot, and over Edom shall I cast out my shoe." - Psalm 108:9

I have a YouTube channel!

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindEuropa Universalis IV

Tax Increase Act: No

We musn't crush our rising middle class of clerks and officers. We must instead act to extend voting rights to this class!
    Former Fan of the Week

1 Aristocrat
    Nationality: South Andean
    Religion: Catholic
    Ideology: Conservative
    Rebel type: Reactionary
    Issues: Pro-life

Tax Increase Act: Yes

Additional revenue is necessary to avoid governmental failure and maintain growth in our industry and global standing.
    Interactive AARs:
    Mutual Assured Destruction: The Presidents 1836-1936: Former Vice President William Gallatin
    Forward the Revolution(s)!: A Federation of "Equals" : Naval Officer Klemens Haas

Slacker Extraordinaire Zzzzz...'s Avatar
    67 games registered

If the place is comfy to sleep in, yes, you can find me there!
    Tax Increase Act: Nay!
    The list of all my AARs: INKWELL

Current AAR: Golden Sun - A KR Kurdistan AAR - Darkest Hour
    The Policies of Grandeur - Coming Soon!

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Tax Increase Act: YES

It isn't much of an increase. The tax will still be lower than before the President's term. It simply remedies the mistake made with the tax decrease before it which was made with a bit too much optimism.

- General Jorge Alejandro Santandera
    "No matter how alone you feel, Dyranum is always there to point out how utterly terrible you are at spelling." —Shynka

Lanterfanter den Tweede Slak (primary), and Juriste Aléatoire (secondary) in Edge of Europe. Formerly Suive Opiniâtrement les Régles (retired), Officer Gun Gun (deceased), Deputy Lambin l'Escargot (deceased), Méfiezvous du Calembour (deceased), and Deputy Houdt van Kaas Hakkihäälinen (retired).
    Creator and GM of: Dark Horizons, Dark Horizons 2.0, Pure Madness, The Countries of an Alternate World, Twenty Thousand Leagues Over the Sea, Pure Madness 2: We couldn't decide on a subtitle
    Co-Creator and GM of: Kingdoms and Khanates
    Nations played in Nation Games: Guatemala/FNCA (WiR1861), Serbia (WiR1900), France (WiR1900), Terran Ascendancy(DH2), Commune of France(Kaiserreich), Basileia Rhomaion (KaK), DPRK (WiR2020), RSFSR and associates (BoP1920:TTY), Harad (LotR), Armenia (DDD), DPRK (PM2), Romania/Rhomânia! (WiR1901), DPRK (WiR2020 Mk.II)

Cities in MotionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Tax Increase Act: Yes

I hold no glad thoughts about an increase of taxes, but we have little choice to help keep our Government from eventual collapse. I would suggest to Presidente Romano, that at least 3 new brigades be recruited, but another war thought long and hard about. I would also suggest establishing State Controlled Unions for our growing factory workers.

Tax Increase Act:
    Yes: 8
    No: 8
    Abstain: 1

So we're all tied up.
    Follow Halen, a Stateless General in Ambition - Won Character Writer of the Week, 10/10/11, WritAAR of the Week, 10/16/11, First to win both on the same week, Runner Up for the 2011 VictAARian Cross

Become El Presidente, by vote or by coup, in Shadow of the Andes - Nominee for the 2012 VictAARian Cross

Build Belgium from the ground up in Edge of Europe

Sir ThunderHawk3, Knight of the Order of the Large and Intimidating Robert

Resident Revolutionary blindgoose's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Tax Increase Act: YEA

I fully support Minister Carrera's call for the recruitment of three more regiments and believe that upon their completion of training, we immediately consider the possibility of further expanding Chile. As well, I believe it is necessary for us to establish State-Controlled Unions in orders to give the new factory workers a legitimate method of communicating with the government and business interests which will not threaten the stability of our great nation. Chile is composed of all its people and we must give the woprkers a way to communicate without having to resort to damaging the economy or political stability.

"As well, I support Minister Carrera's call for more brigades, seeing as how I am currently lacking sophisticated artillery to take on any threats, and no more men under my command then when we threw back the traitorous coup orchestrated by Zapeda."

-General Cesar Roseno

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

"If the Tax bill passes, then I promise the Minister of War and General Roseno that I will look into a possible creation of three new brigades, and where these will be placed and used. This bill has to pass first however before such a consideration is possible."

- President Romano
    "Slan's Special Award in Alexspeed's Victoria 2 AAR Contest For The Best AAR Style"
    Crusader Kings II: How to Rule videos -ALL 13 PARTS ARE FULLY UPLOADED ENJOY-
    The Livestream Channel itself

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDivine WindVictoria 2

The only part of California that isn't sunny
    Tax Increase Act: Nay

Our military is already powerful enough, and our economy is in the green, so there is no need for a tax increase. If the lower classes have purchasing power, it will encourage foreign investment, and add to our industrial development. Besides, heavy taxes often stir resentment among the peasants, which is bad for business.

-Armando de Vasces, Treasurer
    "I have always thought the actions of men the best interpretations of their thoughts." -John Locke

I got an AAR too: The Kingfish - A Fascist United States AAR

And another: An Arm of Iron-A Narrative Stannis AAR

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ivir Baggins View Post

Sounds like a good fit.
    ((What would the descriptive term for the partisans be?))

Tax increase Yes
    we shall have a more competitive army

General Francisco Javier de Miranda Reina

General Reina, if we keep raising taxes to field a larger and uneeded army, the only use it will get is putting down our poor subjects when they rebel against these tax increases.
    Carlos Andonie the Third, Liberal politician International Man of Mystery in Shadow of the Andes - Interactive AAR

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Quote Originally Posted by OConner View Post
    Tax Increase Act: Nay

Our military is already powerful enough, and our economy is in the green, so there is no need for a tax increase. If the lower classes have purchasing power, it will encourage foreign investment, and add to our industrial development. Besides, heavy taxes often stir resentment among the peasants, which is bad for business.

-Armando de Vasces, Treasurer
    "With all due respect minister, I was under the impression we need tax increase in order to balance the budget. I have been told one thing and your telling me another, please double check it"

- President Romano
    "Slan's Special Award in Alexspeed's Victoria 2 AAR Contest For The Best AAR Style"

Tax Increase Act:
    Yes: 10
    No: 9

(The treasury is running a very small daily surplus. You might be able to raise one brigade on it.)
    Follow Halen, a Stateless General in Ambition - Won Character Writer of the Week, 10/10/11, WritAAR of the Week, 10/16/11, First to win both on the same week, Runner Up for the 2011 VictAARian Cross

Become El Presidente, by vote or by coup, in Shadow of the Andes - Nominee for the 2012 VictAARian Cross

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderHawk3 View Post
    Tax Increase Act:
    Yes: 10
    No: 9

(The treasury is running a very small daily surplus. You might be able to raise one brigade on it.)
    ((Also about the darwin act, wouldnt it have been more appropriate to have a vote if it should be included in schools rather than banned? As far as i know it wouldnt have been automaticly in schools, but must be included first by vote?))

El Presidente of Tropico & etc Ivir Baggins's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by komisha View Post
    Sounds like a good fit.
    ((What would the descriptive term for the partisans be?))
    "Patriota."
    "Moab is my washpot, and over Edom shall I cast out my shoe." - Psalm 108:9

I have a YouTube channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Pallen View Post
    ((Also about the darwin act, wouldnt it have been more appropriate to have a vote if it should be included in schools rather than banned? As far as i know it wouldnt have been automaticly in schools, but must be included first by vote?))
    My reasoning was that 1) new information is typically taught without it having to be by law permitted to be taught and 2) the invention fired in game without my intervention, so it was status quo - it would take a special act to unfire it.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Ivir Baggins View Post

((I like the name but do not like its RL chilean connotations Patriotic Front))
    Henri Renard - Minister of Wallonia - Deputy for Liege -KKP- Brewer/Entrepreneur - Died of sepsis following a wound suffered during a duel with the Viscount
    Formerly Simon Giroux - Minister of Labour - Deputy for Charleroi - Belgian Social Union - Deputy Leader

Formerly Willem Goossens - Deputy for Brugge - conservative - President of Belgian Veterans Society 1818-1871
    Originally Jean Galler - Deputy for Brussels - Constitutional Delegate and Signer of Belgium Constitution
    in Edge of Europe- A Belgian Interactive V2 AAR

+ Reply to Thread