• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Military Transparency Act: NO!
Darwin Act: NO!

The first act would hinder any government in the future to pick the best mans for the top jobs in the military. Generals should be picked because of their competence, not because of which political party they belong to. And the 2nd act is even worse, it basically suggest we ban the progress of science and return to the Dark Ages. Is the government drunk?

((Even with an interventinalist economy you can build railroads, and generally a small deficit over a few years makes little difference in the game, and the giant boost the investment in the railroads should give a big plus. I was talking about the government building the railroads why havent you done that?))

Because 1) We're in a budgetary crisis, as I tried to emphasize and 2) we don't have the first railroad tech yet (and you can't complain to me about that - the government doesn't choose our techs).

((And hooray, 2000 posts!))

Military Transparency Act:
Yes: 2
No: 6
Abstain:

Darwin Act:
Yes: 3
No: 4
Abstain: 1

So that's the interesting start.

Darwin Act: No
Military Transparency Act: Yes

Military Transparency Act: yes
Darwin Act: no

The thing is, people bash liberal ideas thinking that our liberal party is evil. Why would someone keep themselves and the coming generations ignorant just because the idea came from a liberal? This is truly ignorance. I hope the liberales can run for the next election and get to the presidency.

Last edited:
Darwin Act: NO
Military Transparency Act: NO

The military act puts the stability of our forces in jeopardy and devalues meritocracy as a method of choosing the leaders of the Fuerzas Armadas. As for the Darwin act, it is simply a disgrace, and were I less attentive, I would have mistaken it for a policy coming from the deepest reactionary pockets of absolutism in Europe instead of our young and (hopefully) free nation.

- P.G. Subercaseaux

It saddens me that so many Conservadores and Nacionales would vote to keep our people ignorant and prevent the progression of society. Armies and arms over the centuries have shown an "evolution" in technologies and tactics, why can such a thing not be true as well with the biology of every living thing?

Military Transperacy Act: No
Darwin Act: No

It saddens me that so many Conservadores and Nacionales would vote to keep our people ignorant and prevent the progression of society. Armies and arms over the centuries have shown an "evolution" in technologies and tactics, why can such a thing not be true as well with the biology of every living thing?

((Wait, now I'm totally confused as to what the "Darwin Act" entails. As I understood it, saying yes would impose darwinism in the educational system by force and saying no would totally ban darwinism from Chile. Clarification please)).

((I'm pretty a "yes" bans the idea entirely, while "no" allows schools, scientists, or such to decide for themselves; if it's not, and a forced acceptance, then I'd change my vote to abstain))

((Wait, now I'm totally confused as to what the "Darwin Act" entails. As I understood it, saying yes would impose darwinism in the educational system by force and saying no would totally ban darwinism from Chile. Clarification please)).

It says, verbatim, in the update "The lower house has sent the upper house a bill proposing to ban this "Darwinism."

Then it also goes on to say, "The Darwin Act will ban the teaching of Darwinism in Chilean schools." I don't know where you got the idea it would impose the teaching of Darwinism if passed.

If passed, the Darwin Act would BAN Darwinism.

Well, I guess I've vastly misinterpreted it then (I'm suspecting that the time of day at that time had something to do with it).

I'll change my vote to NO, if that is okay.

So here's another update.

Military Transparency Act:
Yes: 4
No: 11
Abstain: 1

Darwin Act:
Yes: 3
No: 11
Abstain: 2

((Pallen, have you decided what you're going to do with those new potential brigades yet?))

Military Transparency Act: No
- Let us keep politics out the military.

Darwin Act: Abstain
- It is a dangerous precedent to ban a theory throughout the educational system.

Darwin Act: No.
Military Transparency Act: No.

Knowledge should not be destroyed. The Darwin act should not pass.

Perhaps it is time to select generals based on their generalship skills rather than their political views; hopefully the military transparency act should lead to a better standard of war. And it looks like another war is likely, based on past events.