• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mr. Weissmüller, you appear to be a liberal fooling people into thinking you are a independent to get more votes. This is an affront to all conservadores! The liberals accomplished nothing but war a economic stagnation, but under Presidente Romano and the conservadores Chile has become a powerful economic force, capable of defending itself. This in itself is proof of the superiority of conservative politics.

-Armando de Vasces
First of all, I too admire President Romano for his economic policy. However, I very much disagree with his unwillingness to do reforms. If he had backed Weighted Wealth, the Conservatives would have voted for it, and the Middle Class would be emancipated for this election. I don't think there's anything superior with Conservatism, neither do I think the Liberals are superior. The Liberals were the one establishing Chile as a democracy, but in the end Badajoz and Zapeda tried to coup the State due to their paranoia over the Reactionaries. That coup was resisted by everyone in Chile: Nationalists, Conservatives, Liberals and Independents. And I can assure you, I am not a Liberal. I have several times voted against the Liberals, but I do share their views on a number of issues. I am a Chilean worried about how this partisanship and animosity between the different groups are destroying our nation. We don't get the best government if we have just a Liberal government, a Conservative government, a Nationalist government or a Traditionalist government. We need a government with the best possible people, no matter their political color.

Party: Nacionales
Candidate: Roseno
Coalition: Coalition with Conservadores
Coalition Candidate: Roseno

Here's an update. Too early to call any important trends.

Liberales:
Coalition with Conservadores: 4
Coalition with Nacionales: 2
Abstain:

Carlos Andonie: 4
Sebastián Carrow: 2 (2 Andonie preferred)
Karl Weissmüller: 2 (2 Andonie preferred)

Total: 4

Conservadores:
Armando de Vasces ((OConner)): 3
Jorge Gales ((WelshDude)):

Coalition with Nacionales: 3
Abstain:

Cesar Roseno ((Red Cesar)): 1

Total: 3

Nacionales:
Sebastián Carrow ((Seek75)): 1
Cesar Roseno ((Red Cesar)): 4

Coalition with Liberales: 2 (1 Conservadores preferred)
Coalition with Tradicionales: 2 (1 Conservadores preferred)
Coalition with Weismuller: 1 (1 Conservadores preferred)
No Coalition:
Abstain: 1

Abstain:

Total: 5

Tradicionales:
Coalition with Conservadores:
No Coalition:

Antonio Disraeli ((Rogov)): 1

Total: 1

((We're using a semi-open primary system here, so if you're an independent you can vote in the party of your choice -- same as last time.))

((Who are we allied with? Who do we have less the 40 relations with in South America? Who do we have over 100 relations within South America? What wars are going on involving South America? What is our score, and rank, and what is the score and rank of nations between us and gain/losing Great-Powerage?))

Telling your our score is a little too gamey for my tastes, but we're right on the border of being a secondary power. We're allied with Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, and Venezula. There are no wars in South America except the Franco-British War. We have bad relations with Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia, the Dutch, the French, and the British. We have good relations with our allies. The secondary powers are: Wurttemberg, Spain, Bavaria, Portugal, Italy, Sweden, Mexico, and Brazil.

Party: Tradicionales
Candidate: Antonio Disraeli
Coalition: Nacionales
Coalition Candidate: Antonio Disraeli

Party: Conservadores
Candidate: Jorge Gales
Coalition: Coalition with Nacionales
Coalition Candidate: Jorge Gales

((Just choose who you'd want to be the presidential candidate in case a coalition occurs. Since you're running, you'd probably want to vote for yourself as coalition candidate.))

Party: Liberales
Candidate: Weissmuller, preferably Andonie
Coalition: Weissmuller only.
The conservadores have proved to be quite the egocentric type..
Coailtion Candidate: Weissmuller.

Liberales, we can get this country back on track again! Let¿s go for free trade and freedom of the press.

((Already voted, but thanks.

What I ment, was how do is it decided which party leads the coalition. By how many votes they received? ))

As I sort of hoped we had established by now, if two parties both vote to form a coalition with each other, I combine their coalition candidate votes, and the candidate with the most coalition candidate votes becomes the candidate of the combined parties. It's first past the post.

Here's a second update. All parties now have enough votes to field their candidates in this election. Fun fact: All parties are perfectly evenly matched.

Liberales:
Coalition with Nacionales: 2
Coalition with Weismuller: 1
Abstain:

Carlos Andonie: 4
Sebastián Carrow: 2 (2 Andonie preferred)
Karl Weissmüller: 3 (2 Andonie preferred)

Conservadores:
Jorge Gales ((WelshDude)): 2

Coalition with Nacionales: 4

Jorge Gales ((WelshDude)): 2
Cesar Roseno ((Red Cesar)): 1

Nacionales:

Coalition with Liberales: 2 (1 Conservadores preferred)
Coalition with Tradicionales: 2 (1 Conservadores preferred)
Coalition with Weismuller: 1 (1 Conservadores preferred)
No Coalition:

Abstain:

Tradicionales:
Coalition with Nacionales: 4
No Coalition:

Antonio Disraeli ((Rogov)): 5

((We're using a semi-open primary system here, so if you're an independent you can vote in the party of your choice -- same as last time.))

EDIT: Whoops, komisha slipped in there under my radar.

Last edited: