• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The French are no threat to a United South American coalition. Let them come and break upon the shores of our nation. Sublime illustrious mythical Chile knows no country who could defeat her, or her people, in war.

Unless it is her own people, that has had a bad track record. Let us hope Chile will work to integrate multipartisanship in government to prevent, ah, too much of a unified vision for Chile's future.

I would like to remind you that aircraft are not suitable for carrying large amounts of people.

Not yet, but if they are one day it will surely be because of this bill.

Ernesto F. Fuentes has announced today that his grandson, Eduardo Gerardo Fuentes, will inherit all his assets if he is to die.

I commend Mr. Tottenheim on his aviation bill and I hope that the Congreso will allow me to take on a leading role in the expansion of Chile's Airforce. This coming war with France may test our military might but I have seen firsthand the proficiency of our armies and the bravery of our fine troops. There is nothing to fear.

---Estevan Evarado---

I support the Frente National

"I apologise for being unable to make this statement earlier, but I was away visiting my relatives in Montenegro. I have come back, as you may have noticed, and I give my wholehearted support to this airforce proposal."

Sebastian Montenegro

Alright, let's hold a snap vote on the Chilean Air Force bill.

Chilean Air force bill
1. A new bureaucratic/military branch is to be created, dedicated to investigate how to create a small air fleet for the military and how sustainable it is to have private airlines in Chile.
2. The government will purchase several square kms of land in the outskirts of Santiago for the construction of a military airfield and a aeronautics research centre.
3. The state will support any private or military aeronautic expedition to the high Andes or the unexplored Antartic continent.
4. Famous pilots and aeronautical engineers from Europe are to be invited to Chile to help in the project.

Vote yes or no on this piece of legislation and I will update tomorrow (hopefully).

Sample ballot:
Chilean Air Force Bill: Yes/No/Abstain

Nay, aeronautics is simply a costly fad. We must spend our money wisely to benefit the Chilean worker, rather than playing around with rich men's toys.

Chilean Air Force Bill: Yes

"Any man arguing against this would be comparable to the Luddites in Britain who smashed the machinery that threatened to make the businesses there profitable."

Sebastian Montenegro

Yes.

Now with Sebastian Montenegro's support the Frente Nacional can finally field a candidate next election!

Spoken like a true lover of Democracy...

If we look at Chile only wanting one government, we become a dictatorship again in all but name.

Chilean Air Force Bill: Abstain