• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Allied Government Stability Act: No
1894 Land Reform Act: No
Agrarian Agglomeration Act: Abstain

After this crisis we must think long and hard why the Communists felt forced to use violence. I think there has been an unfair persecution of our Communist brothers in the army. I also think that the government have ignored the workers and even tried to provoke this kind of rebellion by insulting the poor whenever they could. I believe the only way to change this nation is through the ballots, and I believe I will live and see the day when the Bourgeois are voted out of the Congreso, and true reforms can be enacted. But FNT must do more to stop this terror against the working classes. When the Communists collapse, we might end up being the only ones working for their cause, and that would be a sad day indeed. With that we get even more responsibility to end this unfair treatment.

"As Minister for the Interior, there is little I can do regarding the complaints of the Communists. What I can do, however, is ensure that these crimes against the state are duly punished. I know that Renin and Guerrero have their reasons for rebelling, and they are legitimate reasons, but it still does not make any less of a crime against the laws of the nation. I speak not as a partisan, but as a judge. These people have broken the law, and as such they must be punished."

Severiano Miramontes
Minister for the Interior

Here, Here! This mass charity drive is great idea archbishop Fernandez! I only wish that i had thought of it myself. I shall pledge my time... er... money that is... to the cause. It will also be my pleasure to employ these (in the words of the late Armando Renin) shivering, cowering masses in one of my factories. With employment comes prosperity! We will bring prosperity to all eschelons of Chile.

---Caitan Crazzio---

"Crazzio, charity is all well and good, but we cannot rely simply on the goodwill of people's hearts, for the great are not always the good. What we need is a formal benefits system, designed to help people into employment whilst supporting them when there is none. We must provide not only incentives to work; we must also provide work."

Severiano Miramontes

Read my statement again, senor... these huddled masses yearning to breathe free are welcome to work in the factories and mines of Chile. Our economy is booming, there is no problem with unemployment. To find work, one must only look for it.

---Caitan Crazzio---

Read my statement again, senor... these huddled masses yearning to breathe free are welcome to work in the factories and mines of Chile. Our economy is booming, there is no problem with unemployment. To find work, one must only look for it.

---Caitan Crazzio---

I think you are incorrect Senor. There are a large number of provinces where there are not the factories or the capacity to employ the thousands of unemployede. You can not just make glib statements that are not based in fact. For a Minister of Trade and Development you seem to have a lck of understanding of simple suppy and demand.

General Rios

In my opinion one of the ways to ease the burdens of the workers is to enact social reforms. I think it's shameful that there hasn't been more of them done. Pensions and Security Regulations are things most workers crave for and are willing to fight for.

In my opinion one of the ways to ease the burdens of the workers is to enact social reforms. I think it's shameful that there hasn't been more of them done. Pensions and Security Regulations are things most workers crave for and are willing to fight for.

I agree, we need to be able to support those whom the system is letting down.

General Rios

Allied Government Stability Act: No
1894 Land Reform Act: No
Agrarian Agglomeration Act: Abstain

As this Revolution is not supported by the people, I simply cannot support it. I therefore support the Third Republic.

However, I am appalled at Rivera's actions. The irrational purging of "Juarista" elements from armies which have shown themselves loyal to the Republic and who fought Juarez is most detestable. It was done without any basis, and this whole predicament is wholly the fault of Rivera. I therefore RESIGN in protest from my position as Minister of Foreign Affairs.

- Sérgio Gogołów

Last edited:
I am disappointed with the news of your resignation Sr. Gogolow. Your have served Chile well. I ask any Chileans who wish to serve as Minister of Foreign Affairs to contact my office. I have faith that the Minister of Defence and our Generals will defeat this rebellion with the most minimal loss of life possible. Hopefully the Red Guards will put down their arms when see that their cause is doomed.

President Rivera

This is the second time in as many years that the left has revolted in the face of exponentially rising prosperity! Thus, it is obvious that power of the left and not prosperity of the people is weighing on the minds of the Comunistas.

I would propose that, with the conclusion of this rebllion and the securing of Presidente Rivera's power, we enact a state of emergency.

The Comunistas must be purged, and their power so severely limited that they are forbidden from participating in Government! They must not have the idea that they can have any power; only then they will not want to fight for it.

Senator Alejandro Ruiz de Escovedo

Ya Basta! Patria o muerte, venceremos!

This is the second time in as many years that the left has revolted in the face of exponentially rising prosperity! Thus, it is obvious that power of the left and not prosperity of the people is weighing on the minds of the Comunistas.

I would propose that, with the conclusion of this rebllion and the securing of Presidente Rivera's power, we enact a state of emergency.

The Comunistas must be purged, and their power so severely limited that they are forbidden from participating in Government! They must not have the idea that they can have any power; only then they will not want to fight for it.

Senator Alejandro Ruiz de Escovedo

This man is starting to sound like the madman Disraeli. You are condoning the establishment of a dictatorship on no valid grounds at all. This measure you advocate would mean the end of Chile as we know it. It will give rise to a ruthless, merciless and oppressive dictatorship.

- Sérgio Gogołów

"Gogolow, the choice would be between that and a Communist takeover. However, it should not be that urgent. Hopefully, neither will happen, but eventually measures will have to be taken to limit the power of the Communistas.

"Escovedo, although your proposal is well-founded, surely the state of emergency should be during the rebellion, not after?"

Severiano Miramontes

President Rivera's purge is horrible, and must be combated. However, this battle must be fought in the Congreso, not on the fields of Chile or Argentina. I urge the President to reaffirm those Reg Guard's who have not risen up that they are indeed soldiers of the Republic. On the same note, the Red Guard must act as a force for the Republic, not the force of an ideology! Such organizations will be the death of Chile!

President Rivera's purge is horrible, and must be combated. However, this battle must be fought in the Congreso, not on the fields of Chile or Argentina. I urge the President to reaffirm those Reg Guard's who have not risen up that they are indeed soldiers of the Republic. On the same note, the Red Guard must act as a force for the Republic, not the force of an ideology! Such organizations will be the death of Chile!

This is what we have tried to ask of the Communists: but Renin and his men have refused to do so, continuing to claim it is for the "People" and not the Republic.

When a People who have invested for generations in a nation are betrayed and alienated from democracy by purges and terror that overwhelm and subvert that democracy, they have no choice but to exercise the rights of a sovereign people to distinguish themselves and separate themselves from their oppressors and to create, democratically, a new government representative of their interests. It is in the spirit of the revolutions of the previous century that we fight, not for domination, but for Independence.

"Guerrero, it is generally regarded that 'to create democratically' is not a synonym for 'to overthrow bloodily'. If you wanted to achieve your aims democratically, you would wait until the election."

Severiano Miramontes

"Let me start by pointing out the obvious flaws in having the church care for the poor. Obvious discrimination against those not of their own faith. Whatever you claim, the reality is those who do not accept your faith will be of secondary attention to you. Secondly, the church will, as it has always done, use this drive as a means of furthering its influence and power. Giving political power to religious factions, always does such."

"Now, the Red Guard, The Revolutionary Democratic Front, were not created as a militia for the defense of the Third Republic. They were created as as a force of the people. The people as whole may not support the motives of those rebelling, but the men rebelling have every such right to. You've stripped them of their jobs, of their dignity. Having them starve because of political beliefs. You have treated the poor as second class citizens, subject to the will of men like Crazzio, having his industry triumph over meals for the starving. Is it not your own bible, that says love every man? I rise, because you have failed to fix these problems, and have no real intention to. I rise, because these men damned well deserve it of me. I rise, because the people deserve better."

-Comrade Armando Renin

Last edited:
"Ah, so every soldier thrown out of the army will be taken back and Renin will continue to lead his army as a soldier of Chile, until an election takes place. Is that what you are saying? Rivera overthrew democracy and trampled the constitution of this country when he used executive powers to attack political rivals who had done nothing but defend their country and his administration again and again! We have been betrayed, and popular action has always been the response of free men to tyrants who abuse their power unconstitutionally! We fight you in the spirit of the Republicanos against Cesar!"

"Tyrants, beware and behold: Look to the People! The People's Flag is burning red!"

mkdu15.png

Last edited: