• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"This country has been rife with coups by nationalists, liberals, and now for the first time communists. If we were going to go around censuring parties, it would have to be all of them."

General Charles Maximilien ((Syriana)) has yet to declare.

Minister of the Interior - Rivera ((atomicsoda)) - REPUBLIC
Minister of the Treasury - Jose Mendoza ((Zzzz...)) - REPUBLIC
Minister of Foreign Affairs - David Bevan ((WelshDude)) - REPUBLIC
Minister of Defence - General Miramontes ((Ivir Baggins)) - REPUBLIC
Minister of International Trade and Cooperation - Pablo Garcia ((viola)) - REPUBLIC

Army of Northern Chile ((18 brigades (12inf 6art)) - General Juarez ((LeeroyJenkins)) -- REVOLUTION
Army of Bolivia-Peru ((22 brigades (14inf 6art 2cav)) - Jesus Gonzales ((yourworstnightm)) - REPUBLIC
Army of Southern Chile ((12 brigades (10inf 4art 2cav)) - Colonel Dio Guerrero ((Rogov)) - REPUBLIC
Army of Patagonia ((20 brigades (12inf 6art 2cav))) - General Sebastian Hidalgo ((MastahCheef117)) - REPUBLIC
Grand Army of the Republic ((24 brigades (16inf 8art))) - General Charles Maximilien ((Syriana))
Reserve Army ((14 brigades ( 9inf 3art 2cav )) - General Martin Schmidt ((lordvagrant)) - REPUBLIC
Cavalry Reserve Army ((8 brigades (8cav ))) - Armando Renin ((Red Cesar)) - REPUBLIC
Garrison of the Panama Canal ((4 brigades (3inf 1art))) - De Santa Rosa ((Riccardo93)) - REPUBLIC
Navy - Eduardo Alvarez ((Gloa)) - REPUBLIC

Chile has one again been brought low by the recklessness of a single ideologue. Truly, this democracy is such a burden...

---Caitan Crazzio---

The Grand Army of the Republic, being true to its name, stands for the Republic.

I have said it once, but it must be said again: until we have purged political influences from the army, the Republic shall never be secure.

- General Charles Maximilien, Prince de Conti

Truly wonderful to see the protectors of the 3rd Republic stand firm against the single traitorous general.

Colonel De Porto

I could not agree more. This coup will soon be put down and Chile can return to normal,

Captain Rios

God is with the republic. Once again the FNT and the Republicanos are proved to be the most stable and democratic parties. I am thankful for Renin and Guerrero's support for the republic, they have finally proven the loyalty of the communists to democracy. Though it is unfortunate for Senor Juarez, this same incident has been seen multiple times. I suggest he surrenders himself before we lose considerable assets like munition and soldiers. These men will lose their lives on the field for your petty attempt at revolution. You have lost without firing a shot, hand these men over to the chief of staff so that their families may see them again.

The Archbishop of Chile

God is with the republic. Once again the FNT and the Republicanos are proved to be the most stable and democratic parties. I am thankful for Renin and Guerrero's support for the republic, they have finally proven the loyalty of the communists to democracy. Though it is unfortunate for Senor Juarez, this same incident has been seen multiple times. I suggest he surrenders himself before we lose considerable assets like munition and soldiers. These men will lose their lives on the field for your petty attempt at revolution. You have lost without firing a shot, hand these men over to the chief of staff so that their families may see them again.

The Archbishop of Chile

"The Comunistas have consistently proven their commitment to democracy. Our party has never supported a coup, ever. It is only in the imaginations of reactionaries that we Comunistas are somehow anti-democratic."

- Senador Ferran Martí

"I hope the fact that Juarez has no supporters, in positions of power or not, exempts the FNT and the Communista's from this madman's actions. We have both unaminously condemned him, as have the Republicanos. If there are FNT members who are against democracy, then I suggest they cease to be members."

The problem, my friends, lies in the fact that the reckless madman Juarez has 18 brigades at his disposal. I believe that we must consider the man criminally insane because of his failure to surrender thus far. He claims to work for the common man, yet all he does is lead tens of thousands of wage earning soldiers to their deaths. It is not the wont of countrymen to take the lives of their fellows!

I salute the FNT and Communistas in their condemnation of this traitorous rebellion, but I feel that I must point out that the left has revolted twice in recent memory. Therefore, I would ask that both parties to unilaterally condemn the ever more frequent practice of denying the Chilean people their voice. I know that I and my colleagues will join you in this declaration!

-de Escovedo

The problem, my friends, lies in the fact that the reckless madman Juarez has 18 brigades at his disposal. I believe that we must consider the man criminally insane because of his failure to surrender thus far. He claims to work for the common man, yet all he does is lead tens of thousands of wage earning soldiers to their deaths. It is not the wont of countrymen to take the lives of their fellows!

I salute the FNT and Communistas in their condemnation of this traitorous rebellion, but I feel that I must point out that the left has revolted twice in recent memory. Therefore, I would ask that both parties to unilaterally condemn the ever more frequent practice of denying the Chilean people their voice. I know that I and my colleagues will join you in this declaration!

-de Escovedo

Where is this first revolt against Chile by the Left which you are referring to? There has never been any armed uprising against the Republic from the Left as far as my memory tells me. Also, I would not consider Juarez's coup attempt a Leftist revolt. Juarez is quite obviously not entirely sane, judging by his actions, so that further disproves your theory of this being a Leftist revolt. It is a coup attempt by a single General. I am appalled at your willingness to condemn the Leftist movement for things which it has obviously not done. I ask you this question: do I condemn the Patriotas for Cesar?

Furthermore, I must say, that the FNT has never been in opposition to the voice of the people, and I do not recall the CCP being so either, despite their heated rhetoric. Therefore, your request that both the CCP and FNT unilaterally condemn unlawful attempts to seize the presidency is both redundant and wholly impertinent.

- Sérgio Gogołów

A message to Chile's Left
WAKE UP! A new wave of reactionary's are slowly growing in strength, they shall sweep over Chile and destroy all we hold dear. Now was the last chance for democracy to save Chilean's working men, and it failed. Gogolow has lost and Rivera has won, now the vultures will descend upon you and pick at your remains as you are left to question
"Why didn't we listen to Mario, why didn't we listen."
And to those of you who don't believe it is happening, to believe me to be a crazy power hungry madman. Listen to the reaction to my action's. Listen to their hate for you, how they try to demonize you.
I knew this coup would fail, it was always going to. I would rather go down fighting then be slowly eradicated by the reactionary's.
Viva La Chile!

Juarez, it is clear that you will be leading your men to a certain defeat. Please spare Chile this unneeded bloodshed and release your men. I will allow you safe passage out of the country. You will only be subject to arrest if you return to Chile.

Pedro Rivera

Juarez is acting on his own behalf and I am saddened that the FNT is being blamed for it. They are a republican and socialdemocrat party, standing for the ideals of democracy we all love. The Partido Comunista and the Red Guard may be defending the republic on their own selfish reasons (preventing a reactionary coup to off them) but arent we all (deep inside)? We all depend on democracy, we complement ourselves and need mutual critiscm.

And I believe that if the commies wouldve really wanted to tKe over the country, they would ve succedeed.

Where is this first revolt against Chile by the Left which you are referring to? There has never been any armed uprising against the Republic from the Left as far as my memory tells me. Also, I would not consider Juarez's coup attempt a Leftist revolt. Juarez is quite obviously not entirely sane, judging by his actions, so that further disproves your theory of this being a Leftist revolt. It is a coup attempt by a single General. I am appalled at your willingness to condemn the Leftist movement for things which it has obviously not done. I ask you this question: do I condemn the Patriotas for Cesar?

Furthermore, I must say, that the FNT has never been in opposition to the voice of the people, and I do not recall the CCP being so either, despite their heated rhetoric. Therefore, your request that both the CCP and FNT unilaterally condemn unlawful attempts to seize the presidency is both redundant and wholly impertinent.

- Sérgio Gogołów
You are a fool, the left will fall because when given the chance the men like you did nothing.

You are a fool, the left will fall because when given the chance the men like you did nothing.

I dare ask: What is the difference between you and germán? Economic policy only, it seems you both promote a dictatorship based around yourself. If you want to change something in Chile, do it diplomatically. If you try to change something by arms, someone will eventually revert it. The only true changes in this country have been democratically elected.

On a different topic: would the PATRIOTAS like to change their name to Parrtido Nacional/Patriotico Catolico? We must emphazise our moralism in the face of atheism. There are many who seek to destroy our values and we must remind them what we stand for. They like to emphazise they stand for the workers; we must do the same with our own values and ideals

Last edited:
I would oppose the renaming of the party, since it give the perception of limiting the party to only conservative Catholics, rather than secular (though still Catholic) liberals like myself. It simply seems exclusionary and unwise. Perhaps the Patrioticos would be more willing for the name change, considering they've already gone through several.

The 1891 Coup: Juarez​

Following the 1890 General Election and the defeat of Sergio Gogołów, Mario Juarez was left incensed. His own inability to secure even a single supporter in the Presidential primaries and subsequent failure to make it onto the ballot in the general election had been defeat enough, but when compounded with the prospect of Patriota Nacional candidate Pedro Rivera securing the victory, Juarez decided he would wait no longer. He announced to his colleagues in the politburo his intention to overthrow the third Republic by force and install a communist People's Republic in its place, with himself as Chairman and Supreme Ruler of Chile. Legend has it that Cesar Roseno's last words were "he whose cause is himself beware; he will meet only with failure." Whether true or not, this cryptic advice was far from Mario Juarez's mind on the night of the coup.

The Politburo exposed Juarez's intentions instantly, and the papers the following morning were ablaze with the news. The Chilean people were excited but not shocked for the most part; one cynical editorial column wrote "it is an election year, so we knew a coup was bound to happen." Excepted or not, the outgoing Gogołów administration universally decried Juarez's actions. Every general and minister, one by one, denounced him. Juarez was in shock as poliburo member and Comunista candidate Armando Renin spoke out publicly against the coup and the left deserted the Juarez's would-be revolution. Gogołów himself, though defeated, wasted no time in dispatching the necessary orders to his generals. The Grand Army of the Republic, under General Charles Maximilien, marched north from Valparaiso and the Army of Peru-Bolivia under Jesus Gonzales marched south from Tacna, seeking to trap Juarez between them at Antofagasta, the old Amarillo revolutionary capital. While Eduardo Alvarez orchestrated a naval blockade of the captured province.

Faced with overwhelming odds, Juarez's forces deserted him. The red general had underestimated support for his cause in Chile, both among his colleagues and among his own men. Revolutionary sentiment was no so strong that the soldiers under his command were willing to die for no reason, and thousands abandoned their posts and surrendered as Maximilien and Gonzales caught Juarez in their deadly pincer. However, Juarez himself had no intention of surrendering, nor did he wish to take his own life or have it taken from him. Instead, he took the path that the previous rebel occupants of the city did and fled into Argentinian Jujuy, disappearing and leaving Pedro Rivera's ascension to the Presidency uncontested.

-------------------------

Player Actions Needed:
Well, if anyone else wants to declare a second coup, you have until tomorrow morning. Otherwise, there's nothing on the agenda just now.

I'd also appreciate it if you reminded me what bills are pending. I'm not confident I remember them all.

I proposed the Land Seizure Compensation Act

1. This Act is enacted for the purpose of giving fair compensation to those whose land was seized pursuant to the Land Redistribution Act.

2. Any person or entity whose land was seized shall be entitled to the fair market value of their land at the time of seizure. The Interior Ministry will determine these values.

3. The funds to compensate will be raised from those who received the seized land. A portion of their earnings from the received land will be collected and used to compensate those whose land was seized. These collections will continue until such debt is paid in full. The Interior Ministry will determine the amount to be collected.

4. Those who received the seized land also have the option of leaving the land and having it restored to the previous owner if they do not wish to participate in the repayment program.