• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"Although I cannot vote myself, due to dual-citizenship legalities, I urge those undecided voters in the assembly to vote FOR war with Argentina. NOW, is the time to regain a lost legacy. NOW, is the time for our nation to once again have its place in the sun."

-Crown Prince Daniel Jesus Roseno

I vote Yes for War with Argentina,

We must placate the violent members of government, and liberating more land for Chile is not so bad anyways. The justification is the presence of Chilean Andonists ruling Argentina, it is our responsibility to free them from our own creation.

Chief of Staff: Rios
War with Argentina: Yes

I shall unveil my cabinet alterations shortly, once I have vetted my military appointments with Senor Rios, who is likely to be the next Chief of Staff.

Chile is triumphant; democracy has prevailed over adversity, the rule of law over the threat of force. For days, the miasma of discord hung heavily over our nation. There was a shadow cast across the land, and the people shivered beneath it, fearing for their safety and their country. But those days are over. A new day dawns, sweeping the shadow aside and allowing the light of God to shine freely from Punta Arenas to Arica. There is no more reason to be afraid. Chile has prevailed in its darkest hour. Far from being undermined for the experience, she is stronger than ever.

A century ago, the greatest achievement my ancestors could list was: "Je suis le prince de la France." Today, I cannot understate my pride and gratitude when I say: "Soy el presidente de Chile." But it would be remiss of me to forget the proudest fact of all, common to every Chilean: "Soy el criado de dios."

Let us give the nation five years of fortunate rule!

- President Charles Maximilien de Conti

Last edited:
Beautiful speech Senor Presidente! I believe the 3rd Republic will achieve the zenith of its influence under your enlightened rule.

Colonel De Porto.

Amazing speech Mr President! I would like to offer my services as religous advisor to you, just like I worked with your predecesor.

President de Conti, allow a humbled former adversary to congratulate you on your stunning and complete victory. The Chilean people have spoken, and you have answered boldly. It is now the duty of all of us to improve Chile to the best of our abilities, and I promise to be your most loyal compatriot in the 5 years to come.

We must pursue our necessary lines of action with conviction and principle, and there is no man better suited to pursuing the success of our Nation than yourself. It is truly an honor to be a servant of God with you, President.

Now, we must focus on stabilizing the new Government. The Argentine Germanistas must be a common foe to all Chileans, as they have brought about hundreds of thousands of deaths within our own country. The Government must unite behind de Conti, and align against the threats that we face in Argentina and abroad.

Viva Chile,

Senator Alejandro Ruiz de Escovedo

*clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*

What pride-evoking imagery! Our nation deserves a strong presidente like you De Conti. Odd though, I seem to be the only one applauding...

while we are all advertising for positions in your administration, I would like to put forth my name once again for Secretary of Economic policy, as I feel myself to be most qualified to serve in the coming years.

I would also urge you to give my Patriotas positions if you deem them competent. The act would promote unity among the right wing and further weaken the power of the left.

---Caitan Crazzio---

Congrats president-elect de Conti, the nation has chosen, and it could not have chosen a better candidate. I wish you luck, though I continue to question your choice for for Chief of Staff. On that note, as it seems the Congresso has finished its vote as well, I officially withdraw my candidacy for Chief of Staff. I offer myself as the Minister of Defense once again, or to dust off my uniform and take charge of our soldiers once again.

-Christiano Ferarri

I cannot convey my immense gratitude for your praise and support.

Once I have finalised the details of army and cabinet appointments, you shall see that I have not forgotten the valiant men who have fought for this nation - from the ranks of the army or the halls of government, from Arica to Congreso. All shall have a place in my administration. I announce an end to partisanship. No longer shall there be a government of the party, for the party. No longer will public offices be treated as spoils of war. I seek to establish a National Government, composed of all the patriotic men of Chile - regardless of party or personal allegiance. Let us go forward together, the vanguard of a national revival that shall lead our people out of the desert of discord and into the heavenly valley of harmony.

¡Para la fe y la patria!

Here, Here! All true blooded Chileans should rejoice at this new national government! I hope your president usher's in a new age of greatness for Chile

"I congratulate President Charles Maximilien de Conti on a well deserved victory. Through his presidency, Chile shall once more reclaim its name in the sun!"

-Crown Prince Daniel Jesus Roseno

So it seems that Rios ((rudders10)) has taken a commanding lead in the Chief of Staff race, while the vote on the war with Argentina remains very close.

War with Argentina:
Yes: 10
No: 7
Abstain:

Chief of Staff:
Rios ((rudders10)): 13
Christiano Ferarri ((King50000)): 4

The honorable Ferrari has dropped out of the race, leaving General Rios as the sole candidate. I believe the election is over.

While I wait for our honourable President to advise me, I would ask all soldiers interested in serving to please contact me directly.

General Rios
Chief of Staff

While I await the finalisation of my army appointments, I shall now unveil the new cabinet:

Minister of the Interior - Caitan Crazzio ((cavebear3000))
Minister of the Treasury – Francisco de Santa Rosa ((Ricardo))
Minister of Foreign Affairs - Archbishop Jaime Fernandez ((kinguter))
Minister of Defence – Matteo Saez ((Seek75))
Minister without Portfolio - Ernesto Fuentes ((Maxwell500))

Senores Crazzio, Fernandez and de Santa Rosa shall be retained in government. The former is to be promoted to Minister of the Interior. His Grace, the Archbishop Fernandez, is to be reassigned to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, so that he may guide our international dealings with a Christian hand and plant the seeds of peace in South America. Matteo Saez shall be appointed Minister of Defence - being a military man, he has much experience in this regard and will surely continue the good work of his predecessor, Senor Ferrari.

I pledged myself to a unity cabinet, a national ministry of all colours and creeds. And so I deliver.

Last edited:
I pledged myself to a unity cabinet, a national ministry of all colours and creeds. And so I deliver.

That is not a cabinet of all colours and creeds. That is a cabinet composed solely of the Right.

- Sérgio Gogołów