+ Reply to Thread
Page 434 of 546 FirstFirst ... 334 359 384 409 424 432 433 434 435 436 444 459 484 509 534 ... LastLast
Results 8,661 to 8,680 of 10914

Thread: Shadow of the Andes - An Interactive Chilean AAR

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDivine WindVictoria 2

The only part of California that isn't sunny
    War with Argentina: No
    "I have always thought the actions of men the best interpretations of their thoughts." -John Locke

I got an AAR too: The Kingfish - A Fascist United States AAR

And another: An Arm of Iron-A Narrative Stannis AAR

"Although I cannot vote myself, due to dual-citizenship legalities, I urge those undecided voters in the assembly to vote FOR war with Argentina. NOW, is the time to regain a lost legacy. NOW, is the time for our nation to once again have its place in the sun."

-Crown Prince Daniel Jesus Roseno

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

I vote Yes for War with Argentina,

We must placate the violent members of government, and liberating more land for Chile is not so bad anyways. The justification is the presence of Chilean Andonists ruling Argentina, it is our responsibility to free them from our own creation.
    Daniel (Danny) Dagher, Mayor of New York City
    in BBB's American AAR

Senatore di Venezia, Leone de Marino. Interior Minister of the Republic of Cisalpina

In Ahawk's Federation of Equals Interactive AAR.

Pedro de Cordova.

In ThunderHawks Interactive V2 AAR

Chief of Staff: Rios
    War with Argentina: Yes

I shall unveil my cabinet alterations shortly, once I have vetted my military appointments with Senor Rios, who is likely to be the next Chief of Staff.

Chile is triumphant; democracy has prevailed over adversity, the rule of law over the threat of force. For days, the miasma of discord hung heavily over our nation. There was a shadow cast across the land, and the people shivered beneath it, fearing for their safety and their country. But those days are over. A new day dawns, sweeping the shadow aside and allowing the light of God to shine freely from Punta Arenas to Arica. There is no more reason to be afraid. Chile has prevailed in its darkest hour. Far from being undermined for the experience, she is stronger than ever.

A century ago, the greatest achievement my ancestors could list was: "Je suis le prince de la France." Today, I cannot understate my pride and gratitude when I say: "Soy el presidente de Chile." But it would be remiss of me to forget the proudest fact of all, common to every Chilean: "Soy el criado de dios."

Let us give the nation five years of fortunate rule!

- President Charles Maximilien de Conti
    Last edited by Syriana; 23-02-2012 at 04:31.
    Charles de Conti, President of the Third Republic in SHADOW OF THE ANDES
    Xavier-Pierre Florian Thaddée, Chief of the Defence Staff in EDGE OF EUROPE
    Constantino Telemaco Parassani, Leader of the Praetorians in POWER TO THE PEOPLE

Lead the Revolution to glory or ruin or merely try and survive
    Destiny of the Republic - A Forum Game

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Beautiful speech Senor Presidente! I believe the 3rd Republic will achieve the zenith of its influence under your enlightened rule.

Colonel De Porto.
    in BBB's American AAR

Senatore di Venezia, Leone de Marino. Interior Minister of the Republic of Cisalpina

Pedro de Cordova.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Congratulations Presidente Elect. You have been a great General and now will make a great Presidente.

Col. Juan Rivera
    Henri Renard - Minister of Wallonia - Deputy for Liege -KKP- Brewer/Entrepreneur - Died of sepsis following a wound suffered during a duel with the Viscount
    Formerly Simon Giroux - Minister of Labour - Deputy for Charleroi - Belgian Social Union - Deputy Leader

Formerly Willem Goossens - Deputy for Brugge - conservative - President of Belgian Veterans Society 1818-1871
    Originally Jean Galler - Deputy for Brussels - Constitutional Delegate and Signer of Belgium Constitution
    in Edge of Europe- A Belgian Interactive V2 AAR

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindEuropa Universalis IV

Amazing speech Mr President! I would like to offer my services as religous advisor to you, just like I worked with your predecesor.
    Former Fan of the Week

1 Aristocrat
    Nationality: South Andean
    Religion: Catholic
    Ideology: Conservative
    Rebel type: Reactionary
    Issues: Pro-life

Arsenal of DemocracyVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

President de Conti, allow a humbled former adversary to congratulate you on your stunning and complete victory. The Chilean people have spoken, and you have answered boldly. It is now the duty of all of us to improve Chile to the best of our abilities, and I promise to be your most loyal compatriot in the 5 years to come.

We must pursue our necessary lines of action with conviction and principle, and there is no man better suited to pursuing the success of our Nation than yourself. It is truly an honor to be a servant of God with you, President.

Now, we must focus on stabilizing the new Government. The Argentine Germanistas must be a common foe to all Chileans, as they have brought about hundreds of thousands of deaths within our own country. The Government must unite behind de Conti, and align against the threats that we face in Argentina and abroad.

Viva Chile,

Senator Alejandro Ruiz de Escovedo
    "Après moi, le déluge"

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2

*clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*

What pride-evoking imagery! Our nation deserves a strong presidente like you De Conti. Odd though, I seem to be the only one applauding...

while we are all advertising for positions in your administration, I would like to put forth my name once again for Secretary of Economic policy, as I feel myself to be most qualified to serve in the coming years.

I would also urge you to give my Patriotas positions if you deem them competent. The act would promote unity among the right wing and further weaken the power of the left.

---Caitan Crazzio---
    P. K. Vos, colonial financier and "war hero" in Thunderhawk's Edge of Europe

Cities in MotionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Congrats president-elect de Conti, the nation has chosen, and it could not have chosen a better candidate. I wish you luck, though I continue to question your choice for for Chief of Staff. On that note, as it seems the Congresso has finished its vote as well, I officially withdraw my candidacy for Chief of Staff. I offer myself as the Minister of Defense once again, or to dust off my uniform and take charge of our soldiers once again.

-Christiano Ferarri

I cannot convey my immense gratitude for your praise and support.

Once I have finalised the details of army and cabinet appointments, you shall see that I have not forgotten the valiant men who have fought for this nation - from the ranks of the army or the halls of government, from Arica to Congreso. All shall have a place in my administration. I announce an end to partisanship. No longer shall there be a government of the party, for the party. No longer will public offices be treated as spoils of war. I seek to establish a National Government, composed of all the patriotic men of Chile - regardless of party or personal allegiance. Let us go forward together, the vanguard of a national revival that shall lead our people out of the desert of discord and into the heavenly valley of harmony.

¡Para la fe y la patria!

Constantino Telemaco Parassani, Leader of the Praetorians in POWER TO THE PEOPLE

Here, Here! All true blooded Chileans should rejoice at this new national government! I hope your president usher's in a new age of greatness for Chile

"I congratulate President Charles Maximilien de Conti on a well deserved victory. Through his presidency, Chile shall once more reclaim its name in the sun!"

-Crown Prince Daniel Jesus Roseno

So it seems that Rios ((rudders10)) has taken a commanding lead in the Chief of Staff race, while the vote on the war with Argentina remains very close.

War with Argentina:
    Yes: 10
    No: 7
    Abstain:

Chief of Staff:
    Rios ((rudders10)): 13
    Christiano Ferarri ((King50000)): 4
    Follow Halen, a Stateless General in Ambition - Won Character Writer of the Week, 10/10/11, WritAAR of the Week, 10/16/11, First to win both on the same week, Runner Up for the 2011 VictAARian Cross

Become El Presidente, by vote or by coup, in Shadow of the Andes - Nominee for the 2012 VictAARian Cross

Build Belgium from the ground up in Edge of Europe

Sir ThunderHawk3, Knight of the Order of the Large and Intimidating Robert

The honorable Ferrari has dropped out of the race, leaving General Rios as the sole candidate. I believe the election is over.
    in BBB's American AAR

Pedro de Cordova.

While I wait for our honourable President to advise me, I would ask all soldiers interested in serving to please contact me directly.

General Rios
    Chief of Staff
    Carlos Andonie the Third, Liberal politician International Man of Mystery in Shadow of the Andes - Interactive AAR

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

War with Argentina: Yes
    Gerardo Machado, President of the Republic of Cuba in Frymonmon's World in Revolution: 1920 Mk. II
    Meyer Levinsky, Governor of New York and Balbas of the Levinsky Family in Dadarian's The Family
    Sarah Lyons, Sentinel of Lyon's Pride & Administrator of Megaton in Baboush's Fallout Realism: East Coast
    Francesco Ludovico Costanzo Sforza, Conte di Trecate e Galliate in ThunderHawk3's Power to the People

"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything." ~Alexander Hamilton

While I await the finalisation of my army appointments, I shall now unveil the new cabinet:

Minister of the Interior - Caitan Crazzio ((cavebear3000))
    Minister of the Treasury – Francisco de Santa Rosa ((Ricardo))
    Minister of Foreign Affairs - Archbishop Jaime Fernandez ((kinguter))
    Minister of Defence – Matteo Saez ((Seek75))
    Minister without Portfolio - Ernesto Fuentes ((Maxwell500))
    Senores Crazzio, Fernandez and de Santa Rosa shall be retained in government. The former is to be promoted to Minister of the Interior. His Grace, the Archbishop Fernandez, is to be reassigned to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, so that he may guide our international dealings with a Christian hand and plant the seeds of peace in South America. Matteo Saez shall be appointed Minister of Defence - being a military man, he has much experience in this regard and will surely continue the good work of his predecessor, Senor Ferrari.

I pledged myself to a unity cabinet, a national ministry of all colours and creeds. And so I deliver.

Last edited by Syriana; 25-02-2012 at 11:00.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Syriana View Post
    I pledged myself to a unity cabinet, a national ministry of all colours and creeds. And so I deliver.

That is not a cabinet of all colours and creeds. That is a cabinet composed solely of the Right.

- Sérgio Gogołów
    "No matter how alone you feel, Dyranum is always there to point out how utterly terrible you are at spelling." —Shynka

Lanterfanter den Tweede Slak (primary), and Juriste Aléatoire (secondary) in Edge of Europe. Formerly Suive Opiniâtrement les Régles (retired), Officer Gun Gun (deceased), Deputy Lambin l'Escargot (deceased), Méfiezvous du Calembour (deceased), and Deputy Houdt van Kaas Hakkihäälinen (retired).
    Creator and GM of: Dark Horizons, Dark Horizons 2.0, Pure Madness, The Countries of an Alternate World, Twenty Thousand Leagues Over the Sea, Pure Madness 2: We couldn't decide on a subtitle
    Co-Creator and GM of: Kingdoms and Khanates
    Nations played in Nation Games: Guatemala/FNCA (WiR1861), Serbia (WiR1900), France (WiR1900), Terran Ascendancy(DH2), Commune of France(Kaiserreich), Basileia Rhomaion (KaK), DPRK (WiR2020), RSFSR and associates (BoP1920:TTY), Harad (LotR), Armenia (DDD), DPRK (PM2), Romania/Rhomânia! (WiR1901), DPRK (WiR2020 Mk.II)

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

The right seems to be colorblind these days. That looks more like a conspiracy than a government.
    general Otto Metzler in a Federation of Equals

Maximilien Bellamy in "Edge of Europe"

+ Reply to Thread