+ Reply to Thread
Page 409 of 546 FirstFirst ... 309 334 359 384 399 407 408 409 410 411 419 434 459 484 509 ... LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,180 of 10914

Thread: Shadow of the Andes - An Interactive Chilean AAR

  1. #8161
    Captain cavebear3000's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Among the bears and the beavers....
    Posts
    376
    Let us slay these liberals for the glory and stability of Chile. Also, I would urge the Congreso not to make excuses for these rebels, be them germanistas or liberals. The fact is they are invading our country with the express intent to overthrow our elected government.

    ---Caitan Crazzio---
    Wilhelm Kerhasi, explorer and General of the Naval Guard in Ahawk's A Federation of Equals

  2. #8162
    Quote Originally Posted by cavebear3000 View Post
    Let us slay these liberals for the glory and stability of Chile. Also, I would urge the Congreso not to make excuses for these rebels, be them germanistas or liberals. The fact is they are invading our country with the express intent to overthrow our elected government.

    ---Caitan Crazzio---
    Only someone who has not seen the horrors of war would talk about the death of Chileans as glorious. Fight them we will but I will not glory in seeing fellow Chileans die. Shame on you.

    General Rios
    Carlos Andonie the Third, Liberal politician International Man of Mystery in Shadow of the Andes - Interactive AAR

  3. #8163
    Mayor zagoroth's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,055
    "You are beginning to sound like you sympathize with there cause, I am beginning to question your loyalties Colonel De Porto."

    I am disloyal because I am against the murder of fellow Chileans?

    How... Fascinating

    -Colonel De Porto.
    Daniel (Danny) Dagher, Mayor of New York City
    in BBB's American AAR


    Senatore di Venezia, Leone de Marino. Interior Minister of the Republic of Cisalpina

    In Ahawk's Federation of Equals Interactive AAR.


    Pedro de Cordova.

    In ThunderHawks Interactive V2 AAR

  4. #8164
    Quote Originally Posted by zagoroth View Post
    "You are beginning to sound like you sympathize with there cause, I am beginning to question your loyalties Colonel De Porto."

    I am disloyal because I am against the murder of fellow Chileans?

    How... Fascinating

    -Colonel De Porto.
    You are disloyal because you want to show leniency to the rebel's who wish to bring down our government.

  5. #8165
    Mayor zagoroth's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,055
    Who's showing leniency? They are weakening the stability of the 3rd Republic and should be punished accordingly. I just wont do it with a smile on my face, and a whistle on my lips.

    I find it fascinating to see the kinds of people we have in Chilean politics, so eager to get their hands bloody.
    Daniel (Danny) Dagher, Mayor of New York City
    in BBB's American AAR


    Senatore di Venezia, Leone de Marino. Interior Minister of the Republic of Cisalpina

    In Ahawk's Federation of Equals Interactive AAR.


    Pedro de Cordova.

    In ThunderHawks Interactive V2 AAR

  6. #8166
    Captain cavebear3000's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Among the bears and the beavers....
    Posts
    376
    These men who stand against our forces are not Chileans, they are traitors. There is no shame in spurring the men on to victory Senor Rios, that is what any good general would do. There is however shame in sympathizing with rebels. It is you who should guard your tongue, lest you let slip any underlying loyalties to these rebels. So, do your duty as a military man, stay out of politics, slay these wretched fools, and cast their bodies back to the sea from whence they came so proudly.

    One more thing, while I have never myself gotten a taste of the battlefield logistics comes easily to me (as does the capacity to inspire men). It is almost as if I was a commander in a past life or something... This blessing very disconcerting at times...

    ---Caitan Crazzio---

    ((miss you <3Araya<3))
    Wilhelm Kerhasi, explorer and General of the Naval Guard in Ahawk's A Federation of Equals

  7. #8167
    Quote Originally Posted by cavebear3000 View Post
    These men who stand against our forces are not Chileans, they are traitors. There is no shame in spurring the men on to victory Senor Rios, that is what any good general would do. There is however shame in sympathizing with rebels. It is you who should guard your tongue, lest you let slip any underlying loyalties to these rebels. So, do your duty as a military man, stay out of politics, slay these wretched fools, and cast their bodies back to the sea from whence they came so proudly.

    One more thing, while I have never myself gotten a taste of the battlefield logistics comes easily to me (as does the capacity to inspire men). It is almost as if I was a commander in a past life or something... This blessing very disconcerting at times...

    ---Caitan Crazzio---

    ((miss you <3Araya<3))
    I like the way you think Senor Crazzio.

  8. #8168
    Mayor zagoroth's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,055
    Who's talking about politics? I am fully prepared to "cast their bodies back to the sea", I am just not so Draconian to see them as subhuman.

    It is politics, indeed, for a military man to actually want to kill rebels against the state.

    Forget this argument. We have two breeds of Nationalists abound apparently, the right ones, and the wrong ones.
    Daniel (Danny) Dagher, Mayor of New York City
    in BBB's American AAR


    Senatore di Venezia, Leone de Marino. Interior Minister of the Republic of Cisalpina

    In Ahawk's Federation of Equals Interactive AAR.


    Pedro de Cordova.

    In ThunderHawks Interactive V2 AAR

  9. #8169
    Quote Originally Posted by zagoroth View Post
    Who's talking about politics? I am fully prepared to "cast their bodies back to the sea", I am just not so Draconian to see them as subhuman.

    It is politics, indeed, for a military man to actually want to kill rebels against the state.

    Forget this argument. We have two breeds of Nationalists abound apparently, the right ones, and the wrong ones.
    For once we agree.

  10. #8170
    Mayor zagoroth's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,055
    Ah!

    The honorable Colonel De Porto would like it on official record that he finds the honorable Crazzio's comment to be witty and clever. I call a motion to change my stance on Mr. Crazzio from one of Chilean disgust, to respect.

    Motion to Respect.
    Daniel (Danny) Dagher, Mayor of New York City
    in BBB's American AAR


    Senatore di Venezia, Leone de Marino. Interior Minister of the Republic of Cisalpina

    In Ahawk's Federation of Equals Interactive AAR.


    Pedro de Cordova.

    In ThunderHawks Interactive V2 AAR

  11. #8171
    "All of you, stop. Whether you wish to acknowledge it, this is human life we are speaking of, something we hold in sanctity above all other regards. Whether they rise up for reasons you believe right or wrong, they are still the people. Not the whole people, but the people indeed. If their wishes are not to be heard, then what have we become? We have become the very thing we claim to have fought tooth and nail against, the very thing we detest. A dictatorship, and an Empire. I hope I do not live to see the day when the people rise up as a whole, only to have their government line them up and execute them like common criminals."

    -Comrade Armando Renin
    Last edited by Red Cesar; 14-02-2012 at 04:27.

  12. #8172
    Field Marshal King50000's Avatar
    Cities in MotionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    2,890
    Here here!! These are out people, whether they rise against us or not. We must protect the constitution and the government, but we must not do so gladly or willingly. A government that takes joy out killing its own people will not survive for long. We must institute reforms so that the people will not wish to rise against us again.

  13. #8173
    Captain cavebear3000's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Among the bears and the beavers....
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by King50000 View Post
    Here here!! These are out people, whether they rise against us or not. We must protect the constitution and the government, but we must not do so gladly or willingly. A government that takes joy out killing its own people will not survive for long. We must institute reforms so that the people will not wish to rise against us again.
    Truly you disappoint me Senor Ferarri, you who I hold in such high esteem to be counted as one of my true friends in this den of vipers. Would you push for reforms to appease the militant minded minority? I would sooner lay down my own life than negotiate with rebels or attempt in any way to meet the demands of this uneducated, unkempt rabble. The second these men took up arms they gave up any right to citizenship.

    Aim well and shoot true all you military men, that is all you are tasked to do...

    ---Caitan Crazzio---
    Wilhelm Kerhasi, explorer and General of the Naval Guard in Ahawk's A Federation of Equals

  14. #8174
    If the proposed agrarian compensated legislation does not pass, I offer an alternative.

    There are reasonable criticisms from both sides: it is wrong that the government that did not implement land seizures should have to pay for them, just as it is wrong that impoverished peasants should have to foot the bill for an act of Congreso. Therefore, I propose a hybrid solution. The greatest crime of the Agrarian Land Reform Act was its economic ignorance. Not only did it shatter the grand farming estates that, prior to industrialisation, were the mainstay of the Chilean economy in general and the agrarian industry in particular; it then forced the State to subsidise the very farms that it had rendered unprofitable. Due to the way the land was divided, it did nothing to uplift the rural labourers; their individual plots are so minor that they can only support their inhabitants, never mind the markets. By dividing the land, we have reduced the labourers to subsistence farming and the landlords to bankruptcy.

    Therefore, the solution is to combine land. By agglomerating the smaller plots into larger farms, we will increase the productivity and profitability of our agrarian sector, and subsequently increase the standard of living for rural workers. From the greater profits earned by agglomeration, we can then compensate the dispossessed landlords. The State shall issue compensation to the landlords, and shall in turn be compensated by the agglomerated farms, which can repay the debt at their leisure and so avoid crippling their finances.

    Agrarian Agglomeration Act

    1. The individual plots created by the Agrarian Land Redistribution Act will be agglomerated into cooperative farming units (CFU), on a basis of fifty families per CFU,
    2. The families of each CFU will elect a Superintendent, responsible for managing agrarian affairs in the CFU and reporting to agricultural authorities,
    3. The Government of Chile will issue compensation to all landlords affected by the Agrarian Land Redistribution Act, adjusted for inflation,
    4. This compensation will be divided as debt between all the CFUs, to be gradually repaid over the course of five to ten years.
    Charles de Conti, President of the Third Republic in SHADOW OF THE ANDES
    Xavier-Pierre Florian Thaddée, Chief of the Defence Staff in EDGE OF EUROPE

    Lead the Revolution to glory or ruin or merely try and survive
    Destiny of the Republic - A Forum Game

  15. #8175
    Caudillo thekinguter's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    the Andes
    Posts
    1,094
    They are all people, and all Chileans at that as well. They need to be treated with respect. But they are not heroes; they took arms against the republic. They had the opportunity to have their voices heard in the Congreso or the elections, but they took arms instead. They took arms against a republic that hears all of the people's opinions and tolerates them. Why is it that they took arms against the harmless republic? To get their voices heard AND shut the other voices down. Yes, to quiet the socialists and conservatives that do not agree with the liberal plan. That is the same reason Andonie and his traitors plotted against the republic as well.

    And please, do not propose more bills. We are already full, and it might get more confusing.
    Former Fan of the Week

    1 Aristocrat
    Nationality: South Andean
    Religion: Catholic
    Ideology: Conservative
    Rebel type: Reactionary
    Issues: Pro-life

  16. #8176
    Field Marshal yourworstnightm's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tusen sjöars land
    Posts
    5,511
    de Conti's bill is much more sensible than the crap that's in the Congreso right now.
    general Otto Metzler in a Federation of Equals

    Maximilien Bellamy in "Edge of Europe"

  17. #8177
    Field Marshal loki100's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSword of the StarsVictoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    7,557
    Sorry about this but have temp locked the thread, there's an abot run amok in a couple of threads and till its banned at source its going to just fill up page after page

  18. #8178
    El Presidente of Tropico & etc Ivir Baggins's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,752
    "Regarding this matter, I declare that the only guilty ones are the ringleaders. Punishing everyone involved would be too draconian and could well risk further uprisings. It is important to note that these people are still humans, and must therefore be treated as humans. I disagree, therefore, with the incediary talk I have been hearing of murdering these rebels with smiles on our faces, and as such I despair for Chile if people like those come to power. I may be a nationalist, but I can still care for the people. We are a civilised nation. We are not savages."

    Severiano Miramontes
    Minister of the Interior
    "Moab is my washpot, and over Edom shall I cast out my shoe." - Psalm 108:9

    I have a YouTube channel!

  19. #8179
    Señor miramontes. Your statements are correct. I am in compete agreence with you on this matter. My army shall not be involved in the gleeful slaughter of misguided rebels. We will stop them and then let the ministry deal with the leaders.

    General Rios
    Carlos Andonie the Third, Liberal politician International Man of Mystery in Shadow of the Andes - Interactive AAR

  20. #8180
    El Presidente of Tropico & etc Ivir Baggins's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,752
    "My statements were more directed towards Senor Salazar, Rios, but your co-operation is noted. It is still important to crush the rebellion, but we must also ensure that proper punishments are meted out."

    Severiano Miramontes
    "Moab is my washpot, and over Edom shall I cast out my shoe." - Psalm 108:9

    I have a YouTube channel!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts