+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 546 FirstFirst ... 26 51 76 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 126 151 176 201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 10914

Thread: Shadow of the Andes - An Interactive Chilean AAR

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

Military Transparency Act: NO!
    Darwin Act: NO!

The first act would hinder any government in the future to pick the best mans for the top jobs in the military. Generals should be picked because of their competence, not because of which political party they belong to. And the 2nd act is even worse, it basically suggest we ban the progress of science and return to the Dark Ages. Is the government drunk?
    general Otto Metzler in a Federation of Equals

Maximilien Bellamy in "Edge of Europe"

Quote Originally Posted by Pallen View Post
    ((Even with an interventinalist economy you can build railroads, and generally a small deficit over a few years makes little difference in the game, and the giant boost the investment in the railroads should give a big plus. I was talking about the government building the railroads why havent you done that?))
    Because 1) We're in a budgetary crisis, as I tried to emphasize and 2) we don't have the first railroad tech yet (and you can't complain to me about that - the government doesn't choose our techs).

((And hooray, 2000 posts!))

Military Transparency Act:
    Yes: 2
    No: 6
    Abstain:

Darwin Act:
    Yes: 3
    No: 4
    Abstain: 1

So that's the interesting start.
    Follow Halen, a Stateless General in Ambition - Won Character Writer of the Week, 10/10/11, WritAAR of the Week, 10/16/11, First to win both on the same week, Runner Up for the 2011 VictAARian Cross

Become El Presidente, by vote or by coup, in Shadow of the Andes - Nominee for the 2012 VictAARian Cross

Build Belgium from the ground up in Edge of Europe

Sir ThunderHawk3, Knight of the Order of the Large and Intimidating Robert

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDivine WindVictoria 2

The only part of California that isn't sunny
    Military Transparency Act: no

Darwin Act: yes
    Last edited by OConner; 08-11-2011 at 02:20.
    "I have always thought the actions of men the best interpretations of their thoughts." -John Locke

I got an AAR too: The Kingfish - A Fascist United States AAR

And another: An Arm of Iron-A Narrative Stannis AAR

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

Darwin Act: No
    Military Transparency Act: No
    "Become what you are." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Military Transparency Act: Yes
    The Eternal State - a DH-KR Ottoman AAR - Dropped due to health reasons

Struggle for the Mediterranean - a BOR Punic War MP AAR
    - Dropped due to AGEOD leaving Paradox

One of these days I will actually finish an AAR

"Holy Roman Empire. Neither Holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire. But it doesn't have any oil so no reason for military intervention" -Voltaire.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindEuropa Universalis IV

Military Transparency Act: yes
    Darwin Act: no

The thing is, people bash liberal ideas thinking that our liberal party is evil. Why would someone keep themselves and the coming generations ignorant just because the idea came from a liberal? This is truly ignorance. I hope the liberales can run for the next election and get to the presidency.
    Last edited by thekinguter; 08-11-2011 at 03:11.
    Former Fan of the Week

1 Aristocrat
    Nationality: South Andean
    Religion: Catholic
    Ideology: Conservative
    Rebel type: Reactionary
    Issues: Pro-life

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Franca of the Emperor, by the Grace of Horus, redneckland of Brasil
    Darwin Act: NO
    Military Transparency Act: NO

The military act puts the stability of our forces in jeopardy and devalues meritocracy as a method of choosing the leaders of the Fuerzas Armadas. As for the Darwin act, it is simply a disgrace, and were I less attentive, I would have mistaken it for a policy coming from the deepest reactionary pockets of absolutism in Europe instead of our young and (hopefully) free nation.

- P.G. Subercaseaux

Cities in MotionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

It saddens me that so many Conservadores and Nacionales would vote to keep our people ignorant and prevent the progression of society. Armies and arms over the centuries have shown an "evolution" in technologies and tactics, why can such a thing not be true as well with the biology of every living thing?

Crusader Kings IISengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Military Transperacy Act: No
    My current AAR, A Welshman's Quest for Doritos. Fetch the doritos, and settle down to wathc my comedy of errors! On hiatus at the moment.

The President's 1836-1936: Potentially with more zombies.

John Sharp, Federal senator for Indiana in The Presidents, born 1882.
    Formerly Eldud Walsh, former President in The Presidents. Then George Walsh, Democratic Senator for Virginia.

FNT Candidate for President David Bevan, born 1857 in the Shadow of the Andes. Come and join the fun!

Slacker Extraordinaire Zzzzz...'s Avatar
    67 games registered

If the place is comfy to sleep in, yes, you can find me there!
    Military Transparency Act: No.
    Darwinism Act: No.
    The list of all my AARs: INKWELL

Current AAR: Golden Sun - A KR Kurdistan AAR - Darkest Hour
    The Policies of Grandeur - Coming Soon!

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by King50000 View Post
    It saddens me that so many Conservadores and Nacionales would vote to keep our people ignorant and prevent the progression of society. Armies and arms over the centuries have shown an "evolution" in technologies and tactics, why can such a thing not be true as well with the biology of every living thing?
    ((Wait, now I'm totally confused as to what the "Darwin Act" entails. As I understood it, saying yes would impose darwinism in the educational system by force and saying no would totally ban darwinism from Chile. Clarification please)).
    "No matter how alone you feel, Dyranum is always there to point out how utterly terrible you are at spelling." —Shynka

Lanterfanter den Tweede Slak (primary), and Juriste Aléatoire (secondary) in Edge of Europe. Formerly Suive Opiniâtrement les Régles (retired), Officer Gun Gun (deceased), Deputy Lambin l'Escargot (deceased), Méfiezvous du Calembour (deceased), and Deputy Houdt van Kaas Hakkihäälinen (retired).
    Creator and GM of: Dark Horizons, Dark Horizons 2.0, Pure Madness, The Countries of an Alternate World, Twenty Thousand Leagues Over the Sea, Pure Madness 2: We couldn't decide on a subtitle
    Co-Creator and GM of: Kingdoms and Khanates
    Nations played in Nation Games: Guatemala/FNCA (WiR1861), Serbia (WiR1900), France (WiR1900), Terran Ascendancy(DH2), Commune of France(Kaiserreich), Basileia Rhomaion (KaK), DPRK (WiR2020), RSFSR and associates (BoP1920:TTY), Harad (LotR), Armenia (DDD), DPRK (PM2), Romania/Rhomânia! (WiR1901), DPRK (WiR2020 Mk.II)

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k club

((I'm pretty a "yes" bans the idea entirely, while "no" allows schools, scientists, or such to decide for themselves; if it's not, and a forced acceptance, then I'd change my vote to abstain))
    Franz Ferdinand von Habsburg-Lorraine (b. 18 December 1863) in theAhawk's A Federation of "Equals" , FoE Secondary/Voting Character : Deputy Yehoshua Rabinov (n. 30 May 1860)
    Marechal Pierre Maurice Pilon, War Commissar (b. 19 January 1866) in Thunderhawk's Edge of Europe , EoE Secondary Character: Director/Actor/Playwright Leo Frost (b. 1879)
    Prince Katsura Tarō, General and Prime Minister of Greater Japan (and the 'Civilian' Government in general) in Keldonia's A Question of Power
    Marcus Servilius Geminus (b. 29 May 671 AVC) in Plank of Wood's SPQR - The Republic of Rome , Salvatore Mauro (b. 1879) in Dadarian's The Family
    Fan of the Week 10.7.12 , 1.6.14 : Role PlayAAR of the Month June, 2014
    Has the Invisible Pink Unicorn's divine horn been thrust into you today? Well, has it!?
    "We don't want to not kill people, we want to win." ~ Keperry, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Dyranum View Post
    ((Wait, now I'm totally confused as to what the "Darwin Act" entails. As I understood it, saying yes would impose darwinism in the educational system by force and saying no would totally ban darwinism from Chile. Clarification please)).
    It says, verbatim, in the update "The lower house has sent the upper house a bill proposing to ban this "Darwinism."

Then it also goes on to say, "The Darwin Act will ban the teaching of Darwinism in Chilean schools." I don't know where you got the idea it would impose the teaching of Darwinism if passed.

If passed, the Darwin Act would BAN Darwinism.
    Follow Halen, a Stateless General in Ambition - Won Character Writer of the Week, 10/10/11, WritAAR of the Week, 10/16/11, First to win both on the same week, Runner Up for the 2011 VictAARian Cross

Become El Presidente, by vote or by coup, in Shadow of the Andes - Nominee for the 2012 VictAARian Cross

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Well, I guess I've vastly misinterpreted it then (I'm suspecting that the time of day at that time had something to do with it).

I'll change my vote to NO, if that is okay.
    "No matter how alone you feel, Dyranum is always there to point out how utterly terrible you are at spelling." —Shynka

Lanterfanter den Tweede Slak (primary), and Juriste Aléatoire (secondary) in Edge of Europe. Formerly Suive Opiniâtrement les Régles (retired), Officer Gun Gun (deceased), Deputy Lambin l'Escargot (deceased), Méfiezvous du Calembour (deceased), and Deputy Houdt van Kaas Hakkihäälinen (retired).
    Creator and GM of: Dark Horizons, Dark Horizons 2.0, Pure Madness, The Countries of an Alternate World, Twenty Thousand Leagues Over the Sea, Pure Madness 2: We couldn't decide on a subtitle
    Co-Creator and GM of: Kingdoms and Khanates
    Nations played in Nation Games: Guatemala/FNCA (WiR1861), Serbia (WiR1900), France (WiR1900), Terran Ascendancy(DH2), Commune of France(Kaiserreich), Basileia Rhomaion (KaK), DPRK (WiR2020), RSFSR and associates (BoP1920:TTY), Harad (LotR), Armenia (DDD), DPRK (PM2), Romania/Rhomânia! (WiR1901), DPRK (WiR2020 Mk.II)

El Presidente of Tropico & etc Ivir Baggins's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    500k club

Military Transparency Act: Abstain
    Darwin Act: Abstain
    "Moab is my washpot, and over Edom shall I cast out my shoe." - Psalm 108:9

I have a YouTube channel!

So here's another update.

Military Transparency Act:
    Yes: 4
    No: 11
    Abstain: 1

Darwin Act:
    Yes: 3
    No: 11
    Abstain: 2

((Pallen, have you decided what you're going to do with those new potential brigades yet?))

- Let us keep politics out the military.

- It is a dangerous precedent to ban a theory throughout the educational system.
    Interactive AARs:
    Mutual Assured Destruction: The Presidents 1836-1936: Former Vice President William Gallatin
    Forward the Revolution(s)!: A Federation of "Equals" : Naval Officer Klemens Haas

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Darwin Act: No.
    Military Transparency Act: No.

Knowledge should not be destroyed. The Darwin act should not pass.

Perhaps it is time to select generals based on their generalship skills rather than their political views; hopefully the military transparency act should lead to a better standard of war. And it looks like another war is likely, based on past events.

Cities in MotionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Gloa View Post
    - Let us keep politics out the military.

- It is a dangerous precedent to ban a theory throughout the educational system.
    Señor, if you do not wish to see it banned, then you should vote no.

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

((yea, im not gonna raise them too much money, indstead mabye raise taxes on the poor and middle class))
    "Slan's Special Award in Alexspeed's Victoria 2 AAR Contest For The Best AAR Style"
    Crusader Kings II: How to Rule videos -ALL 13 PARTS ARE FULLY UPLOADED ENJOY-
    The Livestream Channel itself

+ Reply to Thread