• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
Hello everybody, and welcome back to the post release development diary series. This is the third and final chapter of the 1.2 patch. We are putting it into QA now, and aim to have it out next week, if the stars are aligned right.

Thank you all for your feedback, and we hope that you will enjoy the game even more after we release this patch.

This week have seen quite alot of development of new features and interface improvements. I'll just mention several them briefly in todays diary.

First of all, we added a new alert for when you have unmarried childs of your leader in your court. Which should help also alerts clickable.

Secondly, we also added a back button on the character screen which lets you get back to previous character, for quite alot of selections.

We talked earlier this week about the addition of a 1551 starting date, so for more details, go to http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...g-that-will-make-you-happy-with-the-1.2-patch..

Last week saw a few event series, and this week we added a fairly important one. An event series where your vassals and courtiers will ask for titles, and you can promise them stuff. Just make sure you live up to your promises.

Sometimes its not easy to see who is who when you try to select them for a ninja assassination or determening clan heir, or just giving a title to them. Now we've added some more detail to the character selection view, so you can see who is a son, daughter, heir or has a job.

If you want to change the names of your armies, then that will also be possible in the 1.2 patch.

Speaking of armies, when you conquering, you often spend a lot of time just giving out titles, so this was something we needed to streamline. There is now a "grant" button on each province of your demesne, where you can quickly select who to give that province to.

Its not just interface, scenarios and events. We have added a new diplomatic option, where you can transfer any of your direct vassals to become vassal of another of your direct vassals. This should help you organise your clan quite a bit better.

We also rebalanced honor for the endgame, with two changes impacting it. First of all, the cost of declaring war is relative to the size comparison between your clans, so that beating small ones is not deemed honorable. Also giving out titles when you are a big clan does not net as much honor as when you are small.

Its not just been adding new features and improving the interface thats been done in the last week, we've also fixed bugs, with the 3 most noticeable ones, being the following. 1) Not being able to win when conquering entire Japan, 2) difficulty option not having a real effect, and 3) provinces ending up without any owners. Those are now eradicated from the game.

Here is a screenshot of granting a province from the province view, with the new selection mechanics.
sengoku_6.png

Secondly, we also added a back button on the character screen which lets you get back to previous character, for quite alot of selections.

This was really a must. I was getting tired clicking around. :)

Last week saw a few event series, and this week we added a fairly important one. An event series where your vassals and courtiers will ask for titles, and you can promise them stuff. Just make sure you live up to your promises.

This one is very interesting. In my current Oda game, the Shiba came out of the Onin war as number one, specially after steamrolling the backstabbing Isshiki. With an overflow of titles the clan leader started giving out lands. It was interesting that I did not have a daimyo title nor could I claim one with the provinces I got but nonetheless the AI gave me the Owari daimyo title even though I had 0 provinces in that Kuni...

I was wondering if I was just lucky to get a daimyo title or if there was an easy way to get such a title. I never got the diplomatic action to work in all my previous games even though I matched the criteria and this with a marriage with the clan leader + gift.

What will be the trigger for an event series to get a daimyo title? Having 5 provinces? High honor?

Sometimes its not easy to see who is who when you try to select them for a ninja assassination or determening clan heir, or just giving a title to them. Now we've added some more detail to the character selection view, so you can see who is a son, daughter, heir or has a job.

Thank you, I sometimes double check who is the clan heir's son as I'm trying to get an inheritance going by having my children marrying the clan leader's eldest daughter. :)

Speaking of armies, when you conquering, you often spend a lot of time just giving out titles, so this was something we needed to streamline. There is now a "grant" button on each province of your demesne, where you can quickly select who to give that province to.[/]

Excellent :)

Its not just interface, scenarios and events. We have added a new diplomatic option, where you can transfer any of your direct vassals to become vassal of another of your direct vassals. This should help you organise your clan quite a bit better.

Terrific!!! Please tell me the AI will do this too after giving out a daimyo title to an human player. In my game, I'm daimyo but I own 0 provinces in the Kuni and have 0 vassals there and it feels a bit silly :p

The promising of titles to the characters is just an ACE idea.
I've been reading these forums quite a lot and I didn't see anyone mention it so I presume this diamond was an inside job.
Congrats! :)

Those interface additions are excellent! And you got the back button, too! :wub:

These are all great additions. I'd be a little worried about finding the perfect balance for that Big->Small honor penalty for DOW little guys but maybe it'll be fine right out the gate. :D

Great update! Looking forward to it!

What is the situation where you would want to do this? Two things, first, there is a shortage of courtiers in general so I can't even imagine a scenario where I'd want to get rid of one! Second, what game-goals purpose does this serve? Are you trying to stack the deck under one of your Daimyo vassals so a different heir gets elected? Wanting to diversify your vassals court so they stop inbreeding? Trying to put more friendlies into a disgruntled vassal's court (why?). Or is this purely cosmetic?

Looking forward to the interface adjustments and other great features and fixes! As it is on my laptop, if someone has too many children I cannot tell boys from girls, and when I mouse over one, the icon is even more obscured and the popup neglects to mention gender. It could be as easy as making the children icons and popups pink and blue.

Does anyone know if the Wife bonus issue is resolved? I would really prefer the first wife (or whoever is providing the stat bonus) have some kind of outline on their icon. And if she dies, either the next one you marry, or one of the current ones, can be appointed in the new bonus-providing "First Wife" role.

Great update! Looking forward to it!

What is the situation where you would want to do this? Two things, first, there is a shortage of courtiers in general so I can't even imagine a scenario where I'd want to get rid of one! Second, what game-goals purpose does this serve? Are you trying to stack the deck under one of your Daimyo vassals so a different heir gets elected? Wanting to diversify your vassals court so they stop inbreeding? Trying to put more friendlies into a disgruntled vassal's court (why?). Or is this purely cosmetic?

Some people like to have things organized. I for example hate it when kokujin are not vassals of their should be daimyo.

Some people like to have things organized. I for example hate it when kokujin are not vassals of their should be daimyo.

Still not exactly understanding. So the game has an error or bug in it such that when you hand out a Daimyo title, the Kokujin vassals under that Daimyo title don't move to their new liege, so the fix was to allow people to move their vassals rather than to just fix the issue where inappropriate hierarchies are occurring?

Still not exactly understanding. So the game has an error or bug in it such that when you hand out a Daimyo title, the Kokujin vassals under that Daimyo title don't move to their new liege, so the fix was to allow people to move their vassals rather than to just fix the issue where inappropriate hierarchies are occurring?
Its not realy a bug right now, some might prefer the system as it is , so its just an added option you can use if you like.

Why should all Kokujin have to be direct vassals of the Daimyo who controls that area?

Why should all Kokujin have to be direct vassals of the Daimyo who controls that area?

Then what is the point of a Daimyo title? There is a hierarchy. The Daimyo controls the land in his demesne, including the Kokujin titles under him. Otherwise the Daimyo title is just another Kokujin title with a different name. I'm still unclear how Paradox have defined the Daimyo title - does the Daimyo gain tax income from the Kori in his demesne which he doesn't directly control but are controlled by his vassals? Is the Daimyo title's heir a result of voting of the Daimyo's vassals?

I asked all these questions in a new thread:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?562654-What-is-the-point-of-the-Daimyo-title

Last edited: