+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: AHD DD1 A House Divided

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

AHD DD1 A House Divided

Hello and welcome to the first developer diary for A House Divided, the first expansion for Victoria 2. From the title you're probably thinking two things:
    1) So the focus is on the American Civil War?
    2) Must everything about the ACW be called A House Divided?

Well the answers to those are “No” and “Yes” respectively.

AHD does not have any particular focus on the ACW, although it does include a new scenario which I will talk about in a moment, the main aim is to make the game better all round. We plan to improve politics, the economy, uncivilised nation's path to reform and modernisation, warfare, the UI, game speed, and more!

As for the name, Lincoln really liked his “House divided” speech and stuck with it despite everyone he showed it to telling him it was going too far. He liked it so much that after the war he decreed all computer games based it are required to use his speech as the title*.

Now, back to the scenario: The ACW scenario currently starts on July 1st 1861, the CSA is fully formed, armies on both sides are on the move, and the first real battles of the Civil War are about to take place.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A house divided - DD1 pic.png
Views:	21001
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	40576

Click image for larger version

Name:	A house divided - DD1 pic2.png
Views:	21457
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	40577

Sharp eyed formites might notice some bonus details in these screenshots too

*= This may not be true.

We should be back next week with a DD about the economic improvements we're working on now.
    Relentless madman.

Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

you broke the minimap?

Paradox Code Kitteh Paradox Dev Team podcat's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyDiplomacyFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by s1234567890m View Post
    you broke the minimap?
    Under Construction. there is a bunch of new mapmodes coming which we will talk about later, but the artist havent had time to fix the new buttons yet.
    Reject reason to make the impossible possible!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

A unified Italy minus the Papal States (or at least Rome), and Prussia with Schleswig-Holstein and maybe a bit more territory in the west.

Edit: Oh, and bye-bye USCA!

I'm still more excited about the economic, political and unciv aspects than I am about the US civil war, but wouldn't mind giving the new scenario a go anyway.
    AAR in progress
    Yet this will go onward the same: the Yamato Destiny - Continuation of the last AAR in Victoria 2. Last updated 17th October 2012

Completed AAR
    The Yamato Destiny: A Japan HTTT AAR

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Schleswig-Holstein being Prussian 1861 before the 1864 war. Is there something new that stops Prussia from eating all of Denmark in the first year of the game?
    I alone have the right to use my avatar!

See the proof

Nice introduction. I welcome a new scenario, since it allows for a different setting all over the world.
    But new features are the most important. Can't wait to see what improvements are there.

HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Meanmanturbo View Post
    Schleswig-Holstein being Prussian 1861 before the 1864 war. Is there something new that stops Prussia from eating all of Denmark in the first year of the game?
    there might be but the details of it will be apparent 2 dev diaries in the future

Forum's #1 Irishman Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

Looking good! It's sometimes easy to forget how early Italy formed in the game's timeframe...

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiShip Simulator Extremes
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Romtos View Post
    Nice introduction. I welcome a new scenario, since it allows for a different setting all over the world.
    But new features are the most important. Can't wait to see what improvements are there.
    Ditto! Thank you for the first taste of AHD!
    Owner of Rome CE + VV, CK + DV, CK II, CotN, EU, EU II, FtG, EU III CE + IN + NA + HttT + DW, EU IV, Victoria + Rev, Victoria II + AHD + HoD, Diplomacy, HoI, HoI II + DD + A, AoD and HoI III + SF + FtM + TFH

This is my real avatar.

Since August 2010 I've considered Friday the 13th a lucky day.

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2

New Mexico AND Arizona are with the Confederates... why??

Will there be weekly DDs from now on?

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan07 View Post
    Will there be weekly DDs from now on?
    Thats the plan!

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessV2 Beta
    V2 AHD BetaPride of NationsRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrenown View Post
    Sharp eyed formites might notice some bonus details in these screenshots too
    Left behind again.
    I'm a 19th century man inflicting himself upon a 21st century world.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Unbelievers always want other people to act like Christians." - Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDungeonland
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Leviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    V2 AHD BetaPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Nice to see a DD with the map modifications! It's cool to see Italy formed with the Papal States as a OPM, since right now Italy usually forms with Garibaldi's Redshirts and integrates the Papal States anyway. Can't wait to know more about the improvements.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV

Thank you very much. I like this
    I'm sorry for my English.

Can't wait for the next DD! Throw a teaser to your drooling fans

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonlandEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k club

Yeah! Been waiting for this a long time.

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan07 View Post
    New Mexico AND Arizona are with the Confederates... why??
    Just over-excitment on my part, they did claim the area though
    Relentless madman.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV

Diaries will release to the end of November?
    I'm sorry for my English.

Forum's #1 Irishman Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

Oooooo, I love the excitement of first DD! The first one for vanilla seems about a million years ago already

Quote Originally Posted by Manifestant View Post
    Diaries will release to the end of November?
    there is plans to have diaries and perhaps some AARs through christmas as well.
    Last edited by podcat; 30-09-2011 at 15:37.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast