The Paradoxian Federation – Aurora Forum Game II, run by Rendap.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Man, now you are making me go buy more books. I just read a preview of Live Free or Die and I am mad that none of my local Barnes and Nobles has the series in stock. What have you done? :p

Man, now you are making me go buy more books. I just read a preview of Live Free or Die and I am mad that none of my local Barnes and Nobles has the series in stock. What have you done? :p

I have done exactly the same as I do to other friends. Find good books, read them and recommend them.... ;)

I think if we had:

Civvy Roles:
Direction of the nation and where it goes in space
control of economic matters e.g mine placement, mass driver construction, colony creation, geo survey teams (in known space)
Ship design (commercial)
Research

Military:
Ship design (military)
Destination operations
Combat Operations
Geo survey planets in Unex Space
Designation of gate builds

The change-log for v5.70 looks incredibly good... well worth waiting for.

Check out the v5.70 discussion thread in the Mechanics section of the main Aurora forum.

The change-log for v5.70 looks incredibly good... well worth waiting for.

Check out the v5.70 discussion thread in the Mechanics section of the main Aurora forum.

I can only agree with that. And it though it might be a few months, I think that it will be worth the wait... :)

so when is this new game going to get off the ground?

yeh dont think its going to happen until 5.7. I personally would lile short term aar and try out some of our ideas, see if there doable etc until 5.7 as its going to be a while.

Would anyone be willing to run a short term game?

so when is this new game going to get off the ground?

yeh dont think its going to happen until 5.7. I personally would lile short term aar and try out some of our ideas, see if there doable etc until 5.7 as its going to be a while.

Correct. I'm not going to start a new "Big" Forum game until 5.7 and that will probably take some weeks if not months.

I still need to do some preparation for this before and with a Big Werewolf GM starting, I will not be starting any testing before this is done.

However, as a teaser here's the list of changes that is in 5.7 so far:

Pluto changes from Planet to Dwarf Planet - Additional Dwarf Planets have been added as well.
Human Gravitation Tolerance changed to 90% - We can now colonize the Moon.
Temperature on Earth lowered from 22 to 14 celcius. Base human tolerance raised from 22 to 24 degrees, which gives a new range from -10 to 38 celcius. Should help a bit on Terraforming.
Plantes are now orbiting counter-clockwise, since they were orbiting wrong direction.
Old Asteroid belts removed from Sol. New and correct asteroid belts have been added.
New type of asteroids called "Trojans" included. These orbit with Planets and not in belts.
Sol System bodies now start at random locations in each new game.
50 new moons in Sol and 25 real comets in Sol giving a total of 619 bodies in Sol we can exploit
Improvements to logistics network enabling "load/unload to reserve level" on Minerals, Fuel and Maintenance Supplies. Should improve Logistics situation.
Option to disable all sensors in a system.
Overview of higest rated officers.
Engineering Brigade renamed Construction Brigade.
Combat Engineer Battalion introduced.
Races will not have Ground Troops they did not research yet.
Improved Geology Team Mechanic:
a. Skill and Planet Size are now taken into account. The higher skill and the smaller planet, the faster results.
b. When successfull a new check is made for the whole planet at 25% generation chance of when the body was generated.
c. IF a mineral is generated and it was not present earlier, it is added with the generated access.
d. IF a mineral is generated and it was present earlier it is upgraded to the new size and access if it is larger.
e. It is no longer possible to have teams perform multiple surveys of the same body.
Changes to Crew Accomodation and introduction of Crew Morale - In short, if you don't have enough berthing space, your crew will lose morale. Same will happen during long deployments.
Jump Drive Techs halved in research cost. Jump Drive Cost reduced as well.
Major overhaul of Engines and Fuel Consumption. We can now build Fighter from day 1 for instance.
Missile Engines need to be researched individually.
Major Overhaul of Missile Designs
Changes to mineral requirements on Sensors, Fire Control, Engines and Reactors. They no longer require Duranium, but only their assigned mineral (Uridium*2, Gallicite and Boronide)
We can now build low tech Armor and Infantry again.
Warhammer 40k Commander Name Theme - 2 new Warhammer Ship Naming Themes.

... I personally would like short term aar and try out some of our ideas, see if there doable etc until 5.7 as its going to be a while.

Anyone who wants to run a short game while we're waiting for v5.70 is welcome to do so... I'll put my name in for the Director of the Bureau of Ship Design.

EDIT:

"Harry Potter has joined your scientific establishment". He's a Rocket Scientist, of course. This isn't the same game where I had Charlie Chaplin as a Planetary Administrator and Harrison Ford as a Naval Officer, though.

Last edited:
Anyone who wants to run a short game while we're waiting for v5.70 is welcome to do so... I'll put my name in for the Director of the Bureau of Ship Design.

EDIT:

"Harry Potter has joined your scientific establishment". He's a Rocket Scientist, of course. This isn't the same game where I had Charlie Chaplin as a Planetary Administrator and Harrison Ford as a Naval Officer, though.

Best crossover fanfic ever