• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Gogomaester

First Lieutenant
5 Badges
Feb 23, 2011
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Magicka
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
Results in my last post!
(You can still complete the survey)

Please note, this is an unofficial survey, i will post results here but it is not guaranteed that your feedback will be taken in mind, because developers dont have the answers at this time.

Thank you for participating in my survey:
http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22D98FS2XVM

Please complete the survey to the end, it takes 2 - 3 minutes THANK YOU

Last edited:
I am sorry for my english! :eek:

Do not apologize for your English. On the planet speak more languages ​​than English. I speak Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and a bit of French .... and a very bad English. English is lingua franca of the day today as were other, and will be others. More tolerance please.

The survey very interesting. Thanks for your effort Gogomaester.

Who cares about the spelling,grammar/punctuation. Gogomaester has done a very good servey for the love of the game.I had no problems understanding the questions at all

exactly. and not everyone is born with perfect skills in English, some of us has to learn it first - and will still be far from knowing it perfectly. ;-)

exactly. and not everyone is born with perfect skills in English, some of us has to learn it first - and will still be far from knowing it perfectly. ;-)

Bearing in mind, of course, that neither person who has criticized the survey's English has a listed location that would imply English as being their own first language, either.

Bearing in mind, of course, that neither person who has criticized the survey's English has a listed location that would imply English as being their own first language, either.
And does it mean that they should criticize those, who don't speak English on the same level as they do?

It only means that they weren't [likely] born with perfect skills in English, either (then again, neither are native English speakers, though they certainly have a head-start on learning it).

If someone doesn't have a perfect grip on a language, that doesn't mean they shouldn't use the language. My Russian would be considered atrocious by even the most generous evaluator, but if I were going to try to use it to write up a survey on the internet (or anywhere) for other people to fill out, I would be sitting at my desk with a dictionary in front of me (and, most likely, a grammar book next to it) to make sure that I got as close as I possibly could. Not everyone has the same priorities, of course, but to a lot of people, poorly written documents are going to come off as sloppy or lazy.*

* And that's hardly restricted to ESL people writing in English. I could say (and have said) the same thing about native English-speakers writing in English. There are people out there that you'd think had contracted some sort of degenerative neurological disease that makes them allergic to grammar. As someone who puts a high premium on good education, it's downright embarrassing looking at some of the things my fellow Americans try to write. God forbid they ever try to learn another language, for that language's sake—I don't even want to think about what they'd do to that.

If it was an official survey why not? This is just for my infomation and if you dont understand, dont do it. Perhaps his(gronkan) primary language isnt english, but may be he had more opportunities to learn the language. For example i am going to first class on high scool (thats 10th year) but i learn english only from 5th class, so thats (only) 5 years, and you must count that i dont have to learn only english, i must learn all other things so i have no time to study just english. I would like to do it so much, but i cant. By the way, i have to speak in german and little bit in french, to pass every exam (and its not fun you know?) And by the way i excused because of my english. So if someone is "I need to read just super spelling etc" then please go read shakespear's surveys. And what they did? Nothing, just reading forums and writing (smaen, cologne map by toggelhase)
You wrote trasm instead of trams
. He could never spend so much time to create this big and totally polished map and after that release it for free. But at least he is doing our english lector today :) thats so funny. If you have any problems with people, who dont write best english, please go to forums where are just american, english and other people who speak very good english. In forum rules there is no rule to speak exactly by grammar. In the survey hosting website there is no rule that surveys should be perfectly written. So whats your problem? I know about it, that my english is little bit mixed with my motherlanguage. If you have problems then just gto and dont read it. ciao

How much mistakes did i this time? Who cares. I hope you understood and i hope your brain didnt explode.

P.S.: Big respect to people who are talking perfectly with more languages than just their motherlanguages, as one old proverb says: How many languages you can speak, that times are you human.

That's what i also wanted to mention, that maybe Gogomaester is pretty young, so didn't even have chance to learn English perfectly. And i have to admit, that at his age, my English was - i think - worse than his. So Gogomaester, don't get upset by stupid people, your English is perfectly understandable and i would be happy if i were on the same level in Czech as you are in English. ;-)

I'm also surprised, I don't understand why some people have nothing better to do than complain about other people's grammatical errors or typos when it doesn't make the text unreadable or impossible to understand.

Ahem, Back on topic.
you are right, sorry for the off-topic. :)

Last edited: