Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: No Walls?

Quote Originally Posted by Max Planck View Post
    What my tripping about? I don't get it.
    About his answers to your question by being a dick.
    These 'look-at-me-I'm-in-the-alpha' posts are getting a teensy bit annoying
    That makes you sound a little butt hurt you didn't get in alpha? I mean he did answer your question. Maybe your reading comprehension is a bit off?

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TheMap View Post
    The only ones that you should be Uggin about are the ones who are getting bent out of shape about it. Some people just want to talk about the possible methods to protect your area. Most likely it will be a claim system similar to HnH and Xyson. Walls will add extra protection. Thats my opinion and assumptions. I could care less if its true or not. The forums are here for discussion about this game.
    That is true, so obviously I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about all the people in this thread and others, that say things like how Salem is going to suck or anything else that is not discussion, just flat out insults (like the one above my previous post). I've heard many people comment how they aren't going to play because they heard this or they heard that. These insults are turning people away from Salem. Fact is the insults are unfair and biased based on what they know of other games. MUCH has changed in Salem and all of these complaints are largely empty based on what they don't know is in the game. Discussion is great. Empty assumptions and insults are injuries to Salem.
    "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war." ~John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by JinxDevona View Post
    That is true, so obviously I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about all the people in this thread and others, that say things like how Salem is going to suck or anything else that is not discussion, just flat out insults (like the one above my previous post). I've heard many people comment how they aren't going to play because they heard this or they heard that. These insults are turning people away from Salem. Fact is the insults are unfair and biased based on what they know of other games. MUCH has changed in Salem and all of these complaints are largely empty based on what they don't know is in the game. Discussion is great. Empty assumptions and insults are injuries to Salem.
    Gotcha,

About his answers to your question by being a dick.
    That makes you sound a little butt hurt you didn't get in alpha? I mean he did answer your question. Maybe your reading comprehension is a bit off?
    Boy, are you on a roll today. Talk about being a dick...
    Maybe this will help: http://www.youryoure.com/

Edit: Also, I'm not upset about not being in the alpha as I did not apply. And just which question of mine did he answer? I didn't ask any.
    Last edited by Max Planck; 17-04-2012 at 22:55.

These 'look-at-me-I'm-in-the-alpha' posts are getting a teensy bit annoying. Could we be a little more concise? Are there walls in Salem now? That comment was really not helpful.

There ya go. Its a bit more clear

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

From a DEV:

We didn't have walls then. There is one wall type in the game right now and four more in the pipe.
    If you want to always be right,
    you need to always be prepared to change your mind.

No, it is bigger.
    Fun fact: when arguing with someone online I always try to picture them in the flesh. You, I imagine to resemble John Goodmans character from 'The Big Lebowski', do you know the one I'm talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by siis View Post
    That's more like it! Thanks siis, you are a true gentleman.

No, it is bigger.
    Fun fact: when arguing with someone online I always try to picture them in the flesh. You, I imagine to resemble John Goodmans character from 'The Big Lebowski', do you know the one I'm talking about?

That's more like it! Thanks siis, you are a true gentleman.
    I think you have it backwards as he clearly stated
    Quote Originally Posted by sabinati View Post
    Walls are not the only form of defense in Salem
    The bolded section is the answer to your question. This means that WALLS are in , and not only that, but there is other forms of defense in Salem.

The bolded section is the answer to your question. This means that WALLS are in , and not only that, but there is other forms of defense in Salem.
    Which is why I said
    But I take it walls are in after all, along with something else. Something secret.

Maybe you didn't read it? Was the font too small?

Second Lieutenant

Lets end this conversation with an actual video of a fence in Salem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwyglmi0kWo

Starts at 1 minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Klipse View Post
    Lets end this conversation with an actual video of a fence in Salem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwyglmi0kWo

Starts at 1 minute.
    Fence =/= Wall

Private
    Cities in MotionEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLead and Gold
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Yes Shaunsred, that it doesn't... But as the devs said they currently have 4 types of walls in the pipeline, one can only presume that they won't just be Small Fence, Large Fence, Red Small Fence and Red Large Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunsred View Post
    Fence =/= Wall
    Watching this just makes me want beta even more...... damn.

Fence =/= Wall
    wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Shardok View Post
    Yes Shaunsred, that it doesn't... But as the devs said they currently have 4 types of walls in the pipeline, one can only presume that they won't just be Small Fence, Large Fence, Red Small Fence and Red Large Fence.
    That would be hilarious.

Also, I never said they wouldn't have walls.
    Last edited by shaunsred; 18-04-2012 at 23:40.

Second Lieutenant

Fence =/= Wall
    Fences were under the wall category in H&H.

Fences were under the wall category in H&H.
    No, fences were under walls and fences.

Second Lieutenant

No, fences were under walls and fences.
    The idea is that fences and walls are very identical by definition. Please refer to dictionary.com. For example, a palisade can be both a wall and a fence. The only difference between a wall and a fence, is that fences are usually temporary, they are made out of wood, and they mark a boundary rather than stop people from getting on a particular land. Yet in H&H, we used them for defenses purposes and they also block players from getting onto your land. No one said that a wall has to be made out of stone, cement, ect. So by definition, a fence can be also called a wall in a game like Salem or H&H. That is, if you wanna get smart with me on this conversation.
    Last edited by Klipse; 18-04-2012 at 23:02.

The difference between a wall and a fence, is that fences are usually temporary and they mark a boundary rather than stop people from getting on a particular land.
    In H&H, any random nub could come along and smash your fence. It did almost nothing to stop attackers or raiders. A Palisade Wall or a Brick Wall, on the other hand, were more difficult to destroy and provided ACTUAL DEFENSE.

Actual Dictionary.com definitions:

Wall: a rampart raised for defensive purposes.

Fence: a barrier enclosing or bordering a field, yard, etc., usually made of posts and wire or wood, used to prevent entrance, to confine, or to mark a boundary.

One marks boundaries between stuff. One protects you and your livelihood from being destroyed. There is a difference there in case you didn't get that already.

Second Lieutenant

In H&H, any random nub could come along and smash your fence. It did almost nothing to stop attackers or raiders. A Palisade Wall or a Brick Wall, on the other hand, were more difficult to destroy and provided ACTUAL DEFENSE.
    It is still an actual defense, you're required to break it to go past in. In real life, you don't have to break a fence to go through it. You could easily hop over it. So yes, a fence in Haven & Hearth provided a defense. Notice that even the skill trespassing was not enough to allow newbs to go past your fence, you needed vandalism instead.

Actual Dictionary.com definitions:

Wall: a rampart raised for defensive purposes.

Fence: a barrier enclosing or bordering a field, yard, etc., usually made of posts and wire or wood, used to prevent entrance, to confine, or to mark a boundary.

One marks boundaries between stuff. One protects you and your livelihood from being destroyed. There is a difference there in case you didn't get that already.
    You've just said what I've said. However, I've just explained to you that in Haven & Hearth, a fence actually protected you. I don't care if it takes one hit to break down a fence, it still needs to be broken to go through. Therefore, it's a wall. I sent you to the dictionary in hope you'd understand what I'm saying, not because I want you to tell me the definition of something I've already known.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast