• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Get em' Portugal!! :p

Thats bad for me! Portugal is a far right nation and I do not want to share a border with a nation with a nation who would have at least 3 times the amount of IC I have if they defeat Australia.

Sorry, I'm just a bit biased by my own personal opinions. Once you take Poland and Nigeria there should be a even battle ground. I wonder what gave Portugal such a jump there, did Australia over-extend themselves, or did Portugal get some massive expeditionary forces? And I'm sure once you and Australia are both in the Commiturn, you will head down under and lend them a hand.

Sorry, I'm just a bit biased by my own personal opinions. Once you take Poland and Nigeria there should be a even battle ground. I wonder what gave Portugal such a jump there, did Australia over-extend themselves, or did Portugal get some massive expeditionary forces? And I'm sure once you and Australia are both in the Commiturn, you will head down under and lend them a hand.

Its been very difficult to get towards to comintern. The issue that some of my cores are in Australia which is forcing me to drift away. I do drift towards when the combined might of my diplomatic and comintern leader pulls me in albeit slowly. Except they keep running of diplo points so I end up back where I started.

Maybe attack Australia, take your cores, peace-out with your cores, improve relations with Comintern, move towards them with them no long owning your cores. You would still have some negative from the decreased relations, but trade should be able to bring that back up, right?

Its been very difficult to get towards to comintern. The issue that some of my cores are in Australia which is forcing me to drift away. I do drift towards when the combined might of my diplomatic and comintern leader pulls me in albeit slowly. Except they keep running of diplo points so I end up back where I started.

You can drop your claims with the decision you have (so at last you can drift to com), but you will lose a lot of future resources. The best solution is portugal winning over australia, then join comn and.. well, thats your decision

I could yeah, but it means dropping ALL the cores. I'm trying to play it from the perspective of the people/leadership rather than for myself (to a certain degree I admit) which means I can't be so willing to forsake these areas.

Is there a way of editing the save game to push myself closer to the comintern camp so that I don't just sit in limbo somewhere near the middle?

I could yeah, but it means dropping ALL the cores. I'm trying to play it from the perspective of the people/leadership rather than for myself (to a certain degree I admit) which means I can't be so willing to forsake these areas.

Is there a way of editing the save game to push myself closer to the comintern camp so that I don't just sit in limbo somewhere near the middle?

Yes, but i really dont know, maybe in the country status of the save game?

1st January 1940 - 1st August 1940

2jfhsnc.jpg

There was an unexpected surge in patriotic feeling among the young of Croatia with the growing tensions along the Nigerian border. Although too young to have experienced the full extent of the old regimes naive ways, the state schools cultivated a hate of the bourgouisie and a great many students were heading out into the world singing the parties praises. With the bar set quite high for entry into the state universities, former school students had to find other ways of entering and supporting the state system that they had been brought up to revere.

2lthn5h.jpg

To the north a complicated war was developing. The source of the conflict was believed to have been a misunderstanding about the whereabouts of a young woman who was last seen at a border crossing along the Casamance-UAE border. She was taken into one of the buildings at the border and it was believed she was murdered by a Casamancian guard after shots were heard. Long after the war ended it was discovered that the gun had gone off accidently and wounded the woman. The slow reaction of the ambulances was misinterpretted that she was dead and a group of UAE soldiers stormed the border post in search of the woman resulting in the deaths of several Casamancian border guards. She was not found however blood streaks lead off into a cellar. Before they could investigate further they were forced out of Casamancian soil. In reality the guard who's weapon had discharged while he was "getting to know" the woman had dragged her down to the cellar where a medic had a basic set up to deal with most wounds. The woman survived but because the border had been closed and the UAE refused to speak to any representive of Casamance it was not known until after the war was over.

When the UAE tried to invade Casamance after rumours of further abuses by Casamancian border guards spread to the UAE's leadership, it was repulsed and with the help of their ally, Romania, they began a counter invasion. The ultimately successful of this invasion failed when Romania was attacked by Palau in defence of the UAE. The Union of Mali then invaded Palau seeing an advantage to regain land lost in the Ten Year War, thirty years earlier.

On the 26th March 1940, Poland invaded Casamance seeing an oppurtunity to regain land it also lost from Casamance. The claim was tenuous at best.

2ujqam0.jpg

Elsewhere in the world another nation died.

2evrsqh.jpg

To prevent Poland from becoming more powerful from any land it captured from Casamance and to prevent the spread of Facism. The party leadership convened in a secret meeting to discuss potential invasion plans and what terms they wished for Poland to surrender after the conclusion of a successful campaign. It was decided that it was better to "liberate" the Polish from Facism as well as liberate territory that was rightfully Croatian.

2dh67wi.jpg

As soon as the party had come to an agreement it immediately enacted new laws to bring the industrial capabilities of Croatia to reach its full potential for the war effort.

1zbf8uo.jpg

The initial plan was to advance into Poland and react to any new threat that was encountered. Croatian Intelligence had put the total number of divisions that Poland controlled at around nine infantry divisions. This figure was revised after the war began to twenty. The advance was disorganised with many men and some key officers rushing from the other side of the country to catch up with their advancing units. Several mountain divisions had only come into being a month earlier and were not ready. In fact the entire army was not ready as the entire nation had few experienced men apart from those who had fought as partisans who now made up most of the officer corps, which was only able to effectively command around three-quarters of the army. Their abilities varied.

55gi2v.jpg

2q0pwmr.jpg

Because of the problems mentioned before, early engagements did not go well for the Croatian army and this gave the Polish the advantage. An advantage that, much to the General Staffs relief, was not pressed.

2j1ljb5.jpg

Dissappointed in their armys failure to be ready for any fighting, the 3rd Infantry Corps was sent east to prevent the advance from turning into a retreat. Their effect was immediate.

mm4if7.jpg

15phppu.jpg

ajo4s6.jpg

mkulja.jpg

At the start of August, Croatia now controlled almost half of Poland. Some provinces fell into Casamancian hands however this was not considered an issue as they were a nation that had been attacked unjustly. The new Polish capital in the east is believed to be the last place that would needed to be captured in order to force Poland to surrender.

Geez, even in a fantastical world, Poland can't get a break...

What are the Government types of the other nations in this 4-way war? Any possibility of allying with Casamancia and Romania, or is this more like the dual invasion of Poland in RL by Germany and the USSR?

What are the Government types of the other nations in this 4-way war? Any possibility of allying with Casamancia and Romania, or is this more like the dual invasion of Poland in RL by Germany and the USSR?

Casamance is a market liberal I believe so I'm guessing Romania is as well.

Interesting. Anyway, you might want to watch your flank, it would suck if the Poles moved some divisions over by sea to that port they still control, and cut off your forces.

The poles do not have a navy but I will divert something that way so that if Casamance gets the final VP they do not have a random bit of territory down there.

Hopefully the Croatian assault on Poland will work out faster, there's a lot of fortifications down the border between Casamance and Poland, probably stalling their progress.

I was going to do another play through this weekend however a realisation of how much reading I haven't done in preperation for the this coming week of lectures and seminars and how much time I've spent drinking has meant that I have largely been holing myself up in my "cell" (because I live on the ground floor I have bars on the window) catching up on things such as the Reformation and pre-1914 Imperial Germany not to mention the development of Modern Britain.

So in short, the earliest update will be on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Could you explain me how this green country bordering you in south build so many divisions? They look very nasty.