• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do you want to know my theme then?

Of course potential voters/players like to know that.

Also they like to know :
1) What are important changes to the rules you want to use ?
2) How reliable are you as a GM ? Do you intend to post updates shortly after the deadline and do you send results of orders soon after the update or do players have to wait for hours ?
3) Will your updates contain lots of roleplaying ?
4) What's your record as GM/player ?

Answer the above questions honestly and you will have a chance to win a vote.
But don't make promises you can't keep. But then you will maybe get one chance to GM, but after breaking seriously your promises you will most likely not get a second chance.

Also they like to know :

But don't make promises you can't keep. But then you will maybe get one chance to GM, but after breaking seriously your promises you will most likely not get a second chance.

These questions I hadn't answered yet.
3) Probably not.
4) I've never had to be subbed.

Also they like to know :
2) How reliable are you as a GM ? Do you intend to post updates shortly after the deadline and do you send results of orders soon after the update or do players have to wait for hours ?

1) I'll leave that up to tamius.
2) Neither of us has GM'ed a Big before, but you get TWO GMs who are usually available at deadline - one that screws up but is punctual and writes up roleplay(me) and one that doesn't screw up but is slightly less punctual(tamius).
3) I dunno, most likely. I do like writing that stuff up.
4) Somewhere between bad and below average.

Also they like to know :

1) I don't intend to make any major changes to the rules. If there's something I want to add or remove, I will put it up in the general discussion thread.
2) You will find that out in the Lite I'm currently running.
3) The theme's quite good for roleplaying - there's a lot of stuff I can do with it.
4) As player: awful at playing. But I pride myself on having never been subbed.
As GM: Not that bad. I haven't done a Big before. (I've only been playing werewolf since July)

I'll write some blurb up for the theme once I've done Lite's roles and stuff.

Last edited:
Here's your blurb.

I give you:

Werewolf CXVI: Dentistry School

dentistsinalpharetta.jpg

Open wide…

The basic plan is that all the players are students at a school/college of dentistry. You are all in your final year and are soon to graduate with your degrees in dentistry, and from there you can go off and earn a lot of money from poking innocent people in the face.

However, not all of you are simple normal dentists. Some of you are evil. Some of you wish that the rest would fail their dentistry exams. And this year, there is an extra component - the exam contains an operation on a patient.

So this is set roughly two weeks before the exams. The winning side gets to take them. The losing side either gets thrown out of the school or killed in horrible ways with dentist-related deaths.

Here are ese's ideas for roles and things:

esemesas said:
Now as for roles, let me get my creativity hat on.

Villagers - Dentistry students.
Wolves - Sadistic dentistry students(somewhere, heaven above them, their mommas' proud of them). The deaths could be dentistry related. Although I have never been to an actual dentist XD Ooh, also we could name the packs "Molar" and "Incisor"
Seer - Head of Student Council/Devoted dentistry professor
Cultists - Human anatomy majors(see, the wolves bring them body parts to study)
Priest - Anatomy professor
Sorcerer - Sadistic dentistry professor/Bored dentistry professor
Apprentice - Exceptionally bright student
Doctor - Nurse
Guardian Angel - Campus security officer

Witness - Amateur detective
Hunter - Video game addict :D
Lover - Slut
Leader - Fraternity leader
Brutal - Sports scholarship
Cursed - Unstable
Blessed - Lucky
SA - Hacker

Just some suggestions, no need to use any of them.

As I expect AVN's game will be roleplay-heavy, this game will be a bit of a lighter load to chill out after that. Roleplay will be optional.

Unvote Tamius

A EURO game would look something like this:

W W
CVII

The_Hindenburg_by_Richie.jpg

3rd May, 1939; Frankfurt Germany:

The LZ 129 Hindenburg, flagship of the Luftschiffbau Zeppelin Company and largest dirigible ever designed and created by man, to set sail for a three-day Trans-Atlantic voyage to East Coast of the United States of America from Frankfurt, Germany. The capacity of the ship to transport passengers has nearly been met, as many a celebrated and affluent person has reserved their place in the skies, but there remains a place preserved for you. Sign up for the journey of a lifetime, the experience to be surpassed by none! Reserve your place in the skies, reserve your spot on the Hindenburg TODAY!

The Rules

§1. You sign up for the game by requesting so in a post in this thread.
§1a. No new players will be admitted into the game once it has started, unless they are replacing an existing player who is unable to play anymore.
§1b. If you are listed as a player but haven't received any message containing your role, it means that you are a normal villager (as far as you know).
§1c. You are responsible for keeping your private message inbox empty enough to receive private messages. You are responsible for any messages missed due to your inbox being full.
§1d. If you are not going to be able to play, announce it as soon as possible. Failure to do so will make you blacklisted, marking you as an unreliable player that won't be given a special role in the next Werewolf game you are participating in; special roles require reliable players.
§1e. Multiple blacklistings may result in you being banned from ever participating again.

§2. The game is split in two phases, night and day. The Baddies hunt during the night and the villagers vote to lynch during the day.
§2a. Orders must be submitted to the Game Moderator before the deadline.
§2b. Lynchings are done by public voting. Whoever gets the most votes before the deadline is lynched. Correct voting is done by typing VOTE [INSERT NAME] in bold letters at the end of the message.
§2c. DEADLINE FOR VOTES AND OTHER STUFF IS (21:00 GMT, 23:00 CEST)
§2d. A repeated inability or refusal to vote before the deadline results in REPLACEMENT, as well as being noted for future EXCLUSION from the game, UNLESS you provide a warning.
§2e. Forged Private Messages (PMs) are allowed. Screenshots of PMs are not. PMs from the moderator are for your eyes only, do not show them to others, as this defeats the idea of the game.

§3. SPECTATORS AND GHOSTS MAY HAUNT, TAUNT AND FLAUNT, BUT NEVER REVEAL ANY INFORMATION (COMPILATION INCLUDED).
§3a. ANYONE CAUGHT REVEALING SECRET/INSIDE INFORMATION WILL BE *PERMANENTLY* BANNED FROM PARTICIPATION. NO EXCUSES ARE VALID.
§3b. When doing ghost/spectator commentary, please use a non-white colour.

§4. The villagers win when all Wolves are dead. The Wolves win when they eliminate the other evil packs and the evil villagers equal or outnumber the good ones.

§5. The abilities of the special roles override these rules in case there is any conflict.
§5a. Nightly orders are handled in the following order:

1. Witnesses
  2. Sorcerer
  3. GA/Doc
  4. Spy
  5. Seer
  6. Priest
  7. Cultist
  8. Hunter
  9. Werewolves
  10. Thief
§6. The Game Moderator is always right and can change the rules as circumstances dictate.

The Roles & Traits
  • Passengers of the Hindenburg (villagers): Affluent passengers of the airship, including many public figures, entertainers, noted sportsmen, political figures, and leaders of industry.

• Chemical Biologist (seer): The Chemical Biologist can differentiate uninfected subjects from mutated specimen. However, due to a limited supply of proper measurement material, he may only check one passenger per night to see if they are a Werewolf (20% to determine their exact clan) or apprentice. Every other role will appear as regular passenger (villager).

• Infected Passengers (werewolf): These passengers were the unfortunate victims of a nazi-created contamination aboard the Hindenburg, and now possess characteristics not unlike werewolves. Once infected, they formed packs, and now roam the halls of the dirigible in search of prey. More information will be given to the packs but will not be public knowledge.

Note that only the above roles are guaranteed to be in a game (i.e. 1+ exists of each role above, 0+ exists of each role below).

• First Officer (priest): The first officer is in charge of the crew of the Hindenburg. When he notices peculiarities emerging, he sets out to investigate one crew member each night to ensure all is in order. May check one person each night to see if he is a Cultist, Sorcerer or Apprentice. Any other role will appear as a regular passenger to the Priest.

• Possessed Hindenburg Crewmen (cultist): Part of the crew of the Hindenburg have become obsessed with the mysticism of the infected passengers. Now infatuated with their new masters, they will go out in search of those who wish harm toward them and their idols. May scan one person each night to identify priest, seer, and sorcerer. Every other role will appear as regular passenger.

• Second Officer (sorcerer): Infected but with no pack affiliation. May choose one person to save from the lynch, but cannot protect the same person twice in a row. He must, however, choose his target the night before the lynch takes place. I.E.: On a certain night, he sends a protect order to save EUROO7. If EUROO7 receives a majority of votes on the following day, no one would be lynched. He also has one super scan, which he will be able to use to reveal the role and trait(s) of one player.

• Apprentice: Only becomes active if his master is killed. Apprentices works just like their former master. If an Apprentice is in the game, the first one who scans him will make him his apprentice. If another scanner scans the now taken apprentice, the scanner will have a 20% chance of converting the apprentice to his own on the first scan, and the master of the apprentice will also have a 20% chance of discovering his apprentice is being stolen, and a 50% chance on the second scan, as well as the master having a 50% chance of discovering his apprentice is trying to leave. The apprentice does not know that he is one untill he is scanned.

• Guardian Angel: May protect one person against an attack, but can't choose to protect the same person two nights in a row and can never protect themselves.

• Physician: May protect one person each night. In case of an attack, the physician has a 50% chance of saving that person. The person saved will have no voting rights for the next day as they lie in their dormitory recovering from their wounds. They are also forbidden from publicly speaking and PM (except to the GM). The survivor learns of the physician's identity and of the identity of one Lycanthrope attacking him. The physician cannot protect himself but does have an automatic 33% chance of surviving a Werewolf attack no matter who else he is protecting. Cannot choose to protect the same person two nights in a row and can never protect themselves.

TRAITS
  • Leader: May declare, once per game, that the victim of a lynching will not be lynched, and pick another character to be lynched instead. His identity will be revealed if he uses his power. In the event of a tie, two people must die. The leader can substitute one or both of the lynch targets.

• Second-in-command: Will become the Leader if the current Leader is dead. There will be no more than one second-in-command at game start.

• Third-in-command: Will become the Leader if the Leader and Second in command are dead. There will be no more than one third-in-command at game start.

• Witness: Once per game, the Witness may try to see the nightly attack. Witness success rate increases by 15% each night (15% on Night 1, 30% on Night 2 etc). If successful, he learns the identity of one Werewolf in the pack that hunted that night. If no kill takes place, the Game Moderator decides whether the ability is used or not.

• Spiritual Witness: Once per game, the Spiritual Witness may try to see the nightly scans. Spiritual Witness success rate increases by 15% each night (15% on Night 1, 30% on Night 2 etc). If successful, he learns the identity of one scanner that scanned that night. If no scan takes place, the Game Moderator decides whether the ability is used up or not.

• Rivals: These players hate each other obsessively, and must do everything in their power to kill their rival. If they are both alive at the end of the game, they both lose, no matter which side wins, if their rival is killed, they will in turn win if alive at endgame, and their side wins. They will know the name of their rival from the start.

• Thief: The player possessing this trait will be able to rob another player of his role and traits. The robbed player will die due to complications in the act of being robbed (read: He was killed by the thief). The Thief retains his Thief trait for the duration of the game, ie, he can keep robbing roles until the end of the game, or until he is dead. The Thief has a 33% chance to be caught, which would mean instant lynching. The chance of being caught doubles every time he steals a role. When he robs a role, his previous role will disappear, meaning he cannot go back to the role he had before.

• Spy: If a player has the Spy trait, he will have the ability to spy on another player, revealing clues to the role and/or traits of that player, but never the role or trait itself. Some clues may be useless, others not. The spy may spy on the same player again to try to obtain more information.

• Cursed: If a Cursed person is targeted by the Werewolves, they become one themselves. It will be revealed as a "no kill during the night". The Cursed will be unaware he is cursed until attacked by a Werewolf. Seer, Priest, Guardian Angel and Doctor can not be cursed. A cursed apprentice that turns into a werewolf loses his apprenticehood.

• Blessed: A Blessed person will survive a werewolf attack, but only once (the next attack will be fatal as usual). Will be revealed as a "no kill during the night". The Blessed will be unaware he is blessed, even after an attack.

• Spiritually Attuned: A Spiritually Attuned person has a 100% chance to sense when someone is scanning them. If they do, they will have a 50% chance to learn the name of the person and a 33% chance to learn of the actual role.

• Brutal: If lynched, has the power to immediately kill one person before being subdued.

• Hunter: Carries a loaded pistol with him at all times. He may decide to use his one shot to kill anyone he wants, or may keep his bullet to protect himself from werewolf attacks (50% chance of killing his attackers). If he manages to protect himself during an attack, he will shoot dead a werewolf, the attacking pack will flee in panic and he will not be killed, but will no longer have the trait.

johho Seer
marty Priest
Losty Doctor
Slinky Doctor
Drxav Sorcerer
Randakar Apprentice
Xenomorph Apprentice
Joeb Wolf – SA
Najs Wolf – Blessed
Quift Wolf – Cursed
jacob Cultist – Brutal Hunter

AOK Wolf – Blessed, Brutal
Walrus Wolf – Blessed, Brutal
Cyriandor Cultist - Third in command
Jamie Cultist – Brutal Hunter

k-59 Villager – Leader
Lord Haldane Villager – Second in command
THE_SPLIT Villager – Witness, Cursed
Esemesas Villager – Witness
Boris Villager – Spiritual Witness
Rysz Villager – Spiritual Witness
Athalcor Villager – Rival
Guy Villager – Rival
Paendrag Villager – Thief
reis Villager – Spy
Oy Villager – SA, Cursed
Adamus Villager – Cursed
Hebelecan Villager – Cursed
enkhuush Villager – Cursed
Lord Strange Villager – Blessed
Trespoe Villager – Blessed
sbr Villager – Hunter
HJ Tulp Villager – Hunter

I haven't got a theme yet, because these things take time.

That sounds like a terrible game. I mean, what if the priest scans the SA wolf and trusts him to form a JL?

I've considered your advice, and as per the suggestion of Xenomorph, I'll only give players scanned by the Priest immunity to subversion. They will not be aware of this, but the priest will (obviously).

I will also remove the doctor-saving-himself chance.

In addition, no two hunters can activate their trait on the same night. I will roll who gets to shoot, and post in the update that too many bullets were flying around ;)

looking at the 2 candidates at the moment I will

VOTE Sedracus

Subversion?
Sedracus, have you posted your ruleset somewhere yet? Because I haven't seen it .. I think.

Also, I'd like to hear people's thoughts on game balance. How many baddies vs how many goodies do you consider balanced, given your ruleset, under a 2 pack or a 3 pack setup?
I don't necessarily want to hear the exact setup details, but I do want to have a rough idea what to expect here. Reis's game had way too many baddies given his ruleset, and I don't want a repeat of that.