• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The wolf double-agent becoming JL spokesperson is just nuts. His packmates will immediately kill him.

The wolf double-agent will definitely show as a wolf to the seer. I think the setup is pretty good and needs no further reworking. We've thought about all the cases.

So :

villager : can vote.
seer : can scan wolves.

sorcerer : can revive someone once. can kill someone once. identity won't be revealed upon acting. wins with both sides.

wolves : can hunt each night. can decide to silently eliminate one of them is they wish so, as many times they wish.

double-agent : identity know to each-other only. win together against everybody.

traits :

witness : gets RP reports if he decides to go sniffing. 25% chances of dying. [dunno about this, I lack time to RP]

brutal : kills upon lynch. anyone can be brutal.

One player gets to switch his role. The lost role will be known, but not the identity. This will serve as night 0 hunt.

Last edited:
Assuming some things go cool in the next week or two I am going to get back to gming a lot in big and lite.

It's double edged though. The agent wolf couldn't become JL spokesman, get outed as cleared or be too helpful to the JL without giving up his identity.

JL spokesmen are usually unscanned guys who voted for a wolf, so that protection can be allocated to the high-value targets in the JL. As for everything else, as drxav said, it requires creative play. I am (gasp!) actually fond of a drxav's idea, for once...

This double agent sounds just like the lover role We used to play with on this forum. We'd have a pair of lovers, if you killed one you killed the other. I am not sure if it had to be 1 wolf and 1 villager or if it could be random. Both could win with either side iirc and could count for parity with either side. Their only win condition was that both had to remain alive till the end. We also had a rival pair. That pair could only win by killing their rival and then subsequently lasting till the end. I think the rival was only a trait for villagers though.

Go ahead.

Two things:

1) Witness as written is the traditional spy trait. Please don't call it a witness, as the regular witness does something else.
2) Reviving someone, with the same traits and role as he had previously, is a bit dodgy. If it's a wolf being revived the village will immediately lynch him (unless it brings about parity). If it's a villager, everyone will know it's a villager, and you have an instant justice league. If it's one of the lovers, the other lover is already dead (they die if the other half dies, right?) so he dies again immediately.
Only if the resurrection targets a sorcerer does this particular side of your "sorcerer" really make sense.

Finally: Paranoia within the wolf pack sounds like it will just make the wolves unwilling to talk to each other. Maybe it will help that the traitor will have all their names from the start anyway, but .. I am hesitant to call this a good idea.
Let's see how it works out though.

1- Noted. I've thought about it and here's what I propose. Trait has 50% chances of dying upon use. Gets ALL the pms exchanged amongst the wolves that very day. It'll force the wolves to think about their PMs.

2- Noted. I shall remove that capability. Or maybe turn it into a one shot protection.

Paranoia amongst the pack won't be addressed through silence. Silence will definitely harm the pack. They should try and figure who is who by talking, not ignoring each other.
If they don't communicate I consider that a misuse of their role and thus they deserve what's coming to them.

1- Noted. I've thought about it and here's what I propose. Trait has 50% chances of dying upon use. Gets ALL the pms exchanged amongst the wolves that very day. It'll force the wolves to think about their PMs.

2- Noted. I shall remove that capability. Or maybe turn it into a one shot protection.

Paranoia amongst the pack won't be addressed through silence. Silence will definitely harm the pack. They should try and figure who is who by talking, not ignoring each other.
If they don't communicate I consider that a misuse of their role and thus they deserve what's coming to them.

Unless you exclude the names of sender/receivers from those PMs I'd say that trait causes wolves to communicate less with each other, which I cannot see as a good thing. Ever. Actually, even without the names it is likely to hamper communication.

Well, if it doesn't display the names, codes can be used to lessen the impact of leaks. To be fair, though, you would also have to include PM's made by the goodie scanners. I hope that this would not include hunt/trait orders, though. 50% of dying upon use isn't good either. Random stuff isn't good. Perhaps letting the wolves know who stole their PM's, along with their role and traits, would be a better solution? Or making it like the spy reports, fudging them a bit in order to make interpretation harder/more ambiguous?

Oh, and wolves could work around by using MSN/IRC/googledocs/etc. So not that good an idea.

As for reviving people, it's definitely not a good idea. Impossible to balance.

Of course the names won't be displayed.

I'd like this idea, but it's a technical hassle given how PM work on these forums. I thought about that because any GM written report adds more interpretation thus leaks information.

One thing could be to make this a one or more shots trait, and you can target whoever you want and get his PMs for that particular day. It adds an analysis dimension to it. If you're particularily suspicious of someone you'll go dig his garbage, you don't have information falling from the sky.
And it makes RP sense even.

Seems good to me.

The target would get a 50% chance to know he was leaked and 50% more chances to know who did it.

Still wouldn't call it a 'witness', but ok.
However .. forcing the wolves to think about their PMs? Uh .. you mean, forcing the wolves to not include the GM on the recipient list, or not talk at all if they can help it.
I don't think that's a very good idea either :p

Remove it, or return that player with a random chance that he'll get a completely new role and trait set.

Yes, and that will really be encouraged by a trait that allows other people to spy on their PM's :p
How about forcing wolves to write an RP description of their hunts instead, if you must give the village ways to figure out their identity from what they say?

I've seen plenty of packs that do not talk. Some people just don't talk a lot, period.

One thing could be to make this a one or more shots trait, and you can target whoever you want and get his PMs for that particular day. It adds an analysis dimension to it. If you're particularily suspicious of someone you'll go dig his garbage, you don't have information falling from the sky.
And it makes RP sense even.

Seems good to me.

God.
Ok. So let's see. Who should I spy on? Jopi, the non-talker, or randakar, the PM spammer?
... riight. I'm going to have to learn to shut my mouth this game :p

God.
Ok. So let's see. Who should I spy on? Jopi, the non-talker, or randakar, the PM spammer?
... riight. I'm going to have to learn to shut my mouth this game :p

o_O?

Jopi the non-talker?

o_O?

Jopi the non-talker?

Well, maybe he's a bad example. I've never had him in my pack, so who knows, he might actually be chatty there.
In the game thread he's usually pretty quiet, though ..

So...