• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, it's not so strange. You make good games so I too would support that if you want to host.

Exactly :)

What? for the next? Sorry, I'd rather be after johho's game.

You guys made a complicated system here :D

Not that complicated, usually the GMs sort it out by themselves, the voting is just to keep things in-theme. :p

Hi everyone.

I'm new to the subforum here, been talking with Taii a bit about Werewolf, and decided I might as well throw my hat in the ring.

Taii told me this is the place to do so for the larger games.

Now, everyone would be hesitant to vote for a new host, especially one you've never come across before, so let me provide some prior credentials:
Fantasy Mafia. 22 players, June 2007
Lycan's Revenge 18 players, November 2007
The Fight for Inishmore! 32 players, March 2009
The Riftwar 43 players, October 2009
The Revenge of Inishmore! 39 players, April 2010
Orgah Mafia 30 players, January 2011

Those are the larger games I've hosted, I didn't bother including those smaller.

I've played over 100 games of mafia, stats of some:
Second account [used it to protect identity]
3 games (2 wins, 1 loss, 0 draw, 0 WOG, 0 replaced) - Survived 0 time
Town: 3 games (2 wins, 1 loss, 0 draw, 0 WOG, 0 replaced) - Survived 0 time
pevergreen
100 games (34 wins, 60 losses, 2 draws, 4 WOGs, 0 replaced) - Survived 19 times
Mafia: 11 games (2 wins, 8 losses, 0 draw, 1 WOG, 0 replaced) - Survived 2 times
Neutral: 9 games (1 win, 8 losses, 0 draw, 0 WOG, 0 replaced) - Survived 0 time
Town: 80 games (31 wins, 44 losses, 2 draws, 3 WOGs, 0 replaced) - Survived 17 times

I figured after around a year off of the game, I could come back. Would enjoy hosting a game, but we'll see what happens.

Since taii asked, these are pretty much the rules I use:
Rules:

Voting must be bolded and in the format of Vote: Beefy187, for an unvote, please use Unvote, Vote: Beefy187 or even better, include the person you are unvoting. If the votes are not bolded, your vote will not be counted.
To avoid the WoG, you must register a valid vote in 75% plus in number of day phases.
Vote: Abstain and Vote: No Lynch are not valid choices.

Role PMs: You may not reveal in private. You may not, in private, discuss, allude to, hint or in any way attempt to convince a person/party that you have a certain ability or role. You may not communicate any results you may have. You are, however, free to discuss and make plans with anyone you choose via any out of thread communication.

Screenshots are not allowed. This means no IM logs, no IRC chat, no PM or any other private communication from anyone. Anything that can be publicly seen is fair game.

Revealing of roles post-mortem: The host may place clues in a writeup, or outright say what role a person is.

Rules for the dead:
You are free to continue discussing as you would normally in and outside of the thread, with the condition that you do not reveal anything private you may have known while alive. (So no post death public reveals of role, or even private reveals)
You may not vote for anyone, even as a joke. If I see a dead person make a vote, even if in massive font with silly faces, I will 'ask' that person to refrain from posting in the thread again.

Once the game has ended, please do not reveal your role straight away, wait for the host to post a role list.

Each phase will last for approximately 24 hours, or as close to that as the host can manage. A strict deadline policy applies. If the cutoff for actions or voting is 9:00pm, anything posted/sent at 9:00pm is accepted, anything at 9:01pm is invalid.

Ties: In the event of a tie, something will happen. It may not always be the same, and it may not always be pleasant and/or fair, as a few players from the last game can attest to.

Lynching: In this game, once lynched, you are not dead, you are simply imprisoned...

Any kills in this game are to be written by those who perform them. If nothing if given, or changes need to be made for in game purposes (defended, role blocked etc) the host will modify the kill with no regard to how good it may have been before he touched it.

Summary lists will be provided at each phase end, and will include the usual

Alive:

Lynched

Dead

WoG (added as needed)

And if other categories are needed, they will be added at the time.

Hope I don't sound like I'm boasting... :/

Last edited:
You might want to remove the links to the total war forum as they are forbidden in the rules :)
I would suggest that you play a game before hosting one to get a feel for our rules (I think there are a few minor differences) but you are of course welcome to throw in a suggestion anyway.

The current WW Big we are playing is an exceptional ruleset, and therefore not a good indicator of our usual rules. You may want to look at the previous games to have an idea about our "brand" of WW.

There is also WW Lite, which is a version usually played by 17 players, with 4 baddies and one goodie scanner.

Last edited:
The current WW Big we are playing is an exceptional ruleset, and therefore not a good indicator of our usual rules. You may want to look at the previous games to have an idea about our "brand" of WW.

There is also WW Lite, which is a version usually played by 18 players, with 4 baddies and one goodie scanner.

18? When was that change brought about?

You might want to remove the links to the total war forum as they are forbidden in the rules :)
I would suggest that you play a game before hosting one to get a feel for our rules (I think there are a few minor differences) but you are of course welcome to throw in a suggestion anyway.
Woah, my bad! Removed all the links and did a refresher on the OT forum rules.

There is also WW Lite, which is a version usually played by 18 players, with 4 baddies and one goodie scanner.

Point noted, I'll take a look at some of the other past games.

If anyone was interested, basic theme I'm going with:

Man has fled a peaceful-turned-violent community and ended up in a minor city. Hired thugs from the cult he escaped from the clutches of are now persuing him. Man is set as head of town, but identity unknown. As with all of my games, rest of the setup is hidden, but unique role PM for every player and I hate generic townie roles, so I try to give each role a minor victory condition or some form of thing to do besides basic voting.

What with all the people wanting to GM now might not be the best time, but I will still throw my theme in.

The Fox-Hunt

Post WW2 England.
The crème de la crème of British society has gathered for the annual grand fox hunt. While Europe slowly rises from the ashes this selected elite has sought temporary refuge from the world in a manor in the English countryside. Preparations have been made and the manor and its staff are ready to provide full service to the visitors.

As the guests arrive one by one a single question remains; Who is the hunter and who is the prey?

An early draft of the theme to give a pointer as to what I'm going for.
As for the setup I intend to take a closer look at the cultists and sorcerers, possibly merging them like AOK did. Probably won't include any kamikaze attack though.
Depending on the size of the game I might remove the GA and doctors will not have a chance to save themselves. Hunters will also be examined.

There will be no shenanigans from the GM. I intend to have the players fight each other, not my rules.
I will try to expand on this tomorrow or Friday as I will be spending most of today and tomorrow on the move.

If we're making a spill of it, I'm willing to GM a game before March, and earlier is better since the closer I get to semester the less time I will have.

I think WH40K lends itself to a Big theme even better than a Lite, since it's possible to get Genestealers and Chaos opposing one another as packs, throw in Ministorum Priests as Priests, an Inquisitor as the seer, et cetera. It's already a blood-soaked universe. Of course I'd understand people not wanting repeated themes, in which case I'll shake out another idea, maybe a party-politics one.

For particular rules I'd probably:

- Try my suggestion of a witness-doctor (padre), who is unable to save the target, but receives the name of a wolf after the attack.
- Revert sorcerers to their scanner role, perhaps attached, likely unattached.
- Revert cultists to a blank slate, attached, with traits to make them valuable. I was mulling over making them not count for parity; this would compound the "throw cultists under a bus" issue but also free up cultists for high-risk assignments and allow slightly more baddies than usual without wrecking game balance.
-- I was also going to revive the old scan-blocking dismal enigma trait; I could revive it as a cultist role instead, able to prevent someone being scanned. This one needs thinking.
- Make hunters offensive only, not defensive, and "silent": the hunter's identity would not be revealed when they make their move.
- Either allocate leaderlynches the way I discussed in the vote thread, or just not have them.

I'd be interested in seeing a Najs' game, since I missed out on his Lite that was apparently an awesome game. Johho's Refugees was a solid game. And new blood is always nice too. Decisions, decisions.

Well, I'm all for a najs pevergreen vainglory game .. ;-)

Thanks for the assist.:cool:

If anyone was interested, basic theme I'm going with:

Man has fled a peaceful-turned-violent community and ended up in a minor city. Hired thugs from the cult he escaped from the clutches of are now persuing him. Man is set as head of town, but identity unknown. As with all of my games, rest of the setup is hidden, but unique role PM for every player and I hate generic townie roles, so I try to give each role a minor victory condition or some form of thing to do besides basic voting.
sounds interesting.

particularly unique victory conditions.