• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Werewolf Lite CCXXXII

30px-Armoiries_Armagnac-Rodez.svg.png
30px-Blason_fr_Bourgogne.svg.png

Deux ducs, c'est un de trop !

Two dukes, that's one too many !

350px-Assassinat_de_LouisdOrleans.jpg

Date

February 28th, 1409

The Palace of Chartres

Background

At the start of the XVth Century, a truce has been settled between Charles VI de France and Richard II of England. During this period of peace, Chalres VI has break-outs of "absences", during which his wife, Isabeau de Bavière, is regent. The two main members of the Regency Council are Louis d'Orléans and Philippe le Hardi de Bourgogne. Their politics, towards the Great Schism of Occident, towards the relationship with England,... are completely different, leading to numerous confrontations.

In 1404 Philippe le Hardi dies. Louis d'Orléans jumps on the occasion and slowly completely removes the Burgundy faction from the Regency Council. That doesn't sit too weel with Jean Sans Peur, the new duke of Burgundy.

On November 23rd of 1407, Jean Sans Peur has Louis d'Orléans assassinated in the Rue du Temple, in Paris. This sparks an open conflict between the two houses of Orléans (to become the Armagnacs) and of Bourgogne.

To settle the issue, Charles VI summons both parties to the Palace of Chartres. Count Guillaume IV de Hainaut is charged with the security of the meeting as it is likely that the members of the House of Orléans will try to use this opportunity to avenge Louis d'Orléans' death.

Rules

There shall be seventeen (17) players. Special Roles will be handed out after the last person signs up. Not all players will get an PM, only special roles

The game will then proceed to a Night deadline.

The game is divided into two periods - night and day. For practical reasons these two periods take place at the same time, from one update till the next.
Each day, all players gather and decide to lynch one of the players - the person they think is most likely to be a werewolf. Each night, the werewolves decide who to kill. In each 24 hour period, the village will lynch, and the werewolves will hunt. The villagers can try to lynch multiple people by creating a glorious, Lemeard-approved, TIE, and the werewolves can also decide not to hunt anyone at all at night. Beware of Crovaxian slips as well!

Winning

The werewolves win if they manage to reach parity with the villagers.
The villagers and seer win if they manage to kill all the werewolves.

Player Roles

10 or 11 X Burgundian Noblemen (Villager) : Followers of Jean Sans Peur
3 or 4 X Orléans Noblemen (Werewolf) : Followers of Charles d'Orléans
1 X Steward (Seer): King's Mediator, in charge of Security

Thread

Subscribe here

Not a thread that really benefits from advertising in or needs it. :p No big deal though.

ok guys I can and want to GM the next big. but it won't start before next week tuesday as ill be on Pinkpop festival for 3 days :p

I can start a new thread within a day or 2. I'll come up for a set-up proposal by tonight. any requests for features? any big games people really liked? stuff you'd want to see again?

VOTE hdk

And anything goes... ;)

ok guys I can and want to GM the next big. but it won't start before next week tuesday as ill be on Pinkpop festival for 3 days :p

I can start a new thread within a day or 2. I'll come up for a set-up proposal by tonight. any requests for features? any big games people really liked? stuff you'd want to see again?
If no one else is wanting to GM you will be it.

Not a thread that really benefits from advertising in or needs it. :p No big deal though.

... but i was told to come and advertise here :eek:o

and
vote hdk

So, when's the following WWBig ?

The Fox-Hunt

Post WW2 England.
The crème de la crème of British society has gathered for the annual grand fox hunt. While Europe slowly rises from the ashes this selected elite has sought temporary refuge from the world in a manor in the English countryside. Preparations have been made and the manor and its staff are ready to provide full service to the visitors.

As the guests arrive one by one a single question remains; Who is the hunter and who is the prey?

An early draft of the theme to give a pointer as to what I'm going for.
As for the setup I intend to take a closer look at the cultists and sorcerers, possibly merging them like AOK did. Probably won't include any kamikaze attack though.
Depending on the size of the game I might remove the GA and doctors will not have a chance to save themselves. Hunters will also be examined.

*Cough*

Also of note: I detest apprentices switching sides. There will be none of that. Apprentices might exist.

*Cough*

Also of note: I detest apprentices switching sides. There will be none of that. Apprentices might exist.

Your setup seems similar to mine (no sideswitching apprentices, different hunters, doctors cannot save themselves). And I like my setup, so

Vote Najs

If no one else posts a desire to gm within 72 hours of this post, feel free to start the thread.

*Cough*

mmm, another hunt theme... we already had a lot of those, didn't we? Of course, criticizing without entering the race myself isn't very good form, but still...

I still call dibs on 129.

I was very amazed someone would try that particular set of rules again after even Johho couldn't make it work.
No, let's deep-six the idea of turnable apprentices forever, please. It's a curse that doesn't go away, can be triggered by goodies too, and the recipient is aware that it's there.
(And really, hdk - one of those is bad enough, but four??)

Also;

Vote Najs

mmm, another hunt theme... we already had a lot of those, didn't we? Of course, criticizing without entering the race myself isn't very good form, but still...

I was swinging between that and papal election in the Vatican, but it felt too similar to your game.

We've had so many games by now that avoiding to recycle RPing settings is hard to do, especially if you include all Lite settings.

Anyway,

vote Najs

Agree that the switching apprentices should be killed..... The Idea as well.

VOTE Najs

For a Fox Win!