• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

jacob-Lundgren

GM/Brutal Werewolf Leader
69 Badges
Sep 18, 2001
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
esemesas said:
Everyone I spammed with PMs, some inactive, some have already joined your game, so it's not a perfect list:

jpr123
Citizen1oo1
Valhalla's Call
The Super Pope
Salik

THE_SPLIT
walrus
Jack118
Cymsdale
gigau

Lord Strange
That One Duke
Delta107
123xyz8
unclebryan

Comm Cody
marty99
Capt. Kiwi
Vainglory
Trinitrotoluen

Boris ze Spider
Nautilu
Cromelex
Syber
the_hdk

Funnyman320
enkhuush
Orangeyoshi
Yakman
trespoe

drxav
AVN
Slinky
Eternaly_Lost
humancalculator

randakar
snoopdogg
Davisx3m
Hashoosh
king hannibal

Rysz
Mr. G
Doombunny
XenomorphII
Sedracus

Morrell8
Taiisatai64
Bakerydog
The Arch Mede
Thandros

sbr
xjermx
Kingepyon
Deaghaidh
Ciryandor

Jolt
Seen
telesien
Taklagarn
Hearth

Lemeard
Lurken
J. Passepartout
Suirantes
Steed

muttoneer
Cakravarti
Don Qvixote
am300307
tigerkid

This thread will be for GM candidates to propose their ideas, discuss them briefly and get voted upon. This is NOT a generic discussion thread. Keep past game discussions in past games.

The goal is to roughly stay 1.5 GMs ahead of the current game. In other words we want the next GM known and the one after being discussed/voted on. This way if we lack for a GM due to sudden absence we can just rush a vote if needed but wont be so far ahead we end up with gone GMs due to too much time passing. We might at times be 2 or maybe even 3 games ahead if games are going quicker due to smaller rosters, no big deal if so.

Anyone can keep a running tally of votes but I will certify a win if needed in a very close and contested election.:ninja:

The number of proposed candidates at any time will ideally not exceed 3. More than 3 is not illegal at all just an issue of too many ideas will dilute the voting and possibly lead to some 20% of the vote being a winner. While voting in people who have not GMed in a while or never GMed is admirable on a social level, if their ideas and rough role/trait proposals seem bad no one is obligated to follow a bandwagon to get them the next game.

For now the system shall be simple. Get candidates, do single vote ala current game hanging system and once either an obvious winner is reached or a certain degree of total votes is reached I will close the voting.

EXAMPLE FROM GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD OF WHAT KIWIS GAME WILL BE.

So the new theme: Willy Wonka's chocolate factory, before he closed it and replaced all the workers with slave labour in the form of miniature racist stereotypes. Everyone wants a piece of Willy Wonka's sweet, sweet chocolate. Rival companies will stop at nothing to find the secret. Spies, murder, bribes, blackmail and informers. People "accidentily" put through all sorts of dwarf fortress-style FUN machinery. Can Willy Wonka find the infiltrators and keep his money-making monopoly on things that bring joy to children? Or will Slugworth find all his secrets and increase the supply, thus bringing more happiness to all? I suppose Wonka exploting all the little kiddies does give him the recourses to make new candy but... he really is a drug kingpin when you come down to it

Fairly traditional werewolf setup, except for my tweak that aligned cultists can carry on even once all wolves in their pack are dead.

Last edited:
Reserved/feel free to comment. We will start accepting candidates at any time.

FINAL VOTE COUNT

AVN 12: euro, rand, adamus, reis, rendap, johho, ciryandor, najs, Lord Strange, JL, Sedracus, TNT

SEDRACUS 5: Tamius, esemesas, AVN, boris, Xeno

Last edited:
Just to be sure that I understand your OP correctly.
Kiwi will GM next game (after resi91) and people can now become a candidate for the game after Kiwi's game.
And we will have a vote between those candidates.

Am I correct ?

Just to be sure that I understand your OP correctly.
Kiwi will GM next game (after resi91) and people can now become a candidate for the game after Kiwi's game.
And we will have a vote between those candidates.

Am I correct ?
Yup.

I'm an example to all.

If someone wanted to compete against me for next GM spot I wouldn't object; the good dictator knows he must give at least the illusion of freedom. Still, given the way reis' game is going it would have to happen post haste, as I plan to start writing up rules and such this weekend should I be confirmed as next GM. I want to get the final version of my cultist trait out for discussion by then at least, since it's been a point of contention of late. Although it should be simple enough a rule variation not to have too many problems.

OK, someone needs to be the first candidate for the game after Kiwi's. And to get the thread gowing ...

My game :
Theme : To be decided upon, but it will probably something historical or semi-historical.
The Spanish Armada is a possibility I'm thinking about. (but no promises on this).

Rules :
I will copy Johho888's rules (if he doesn't object, I haven't asked him yet ...) with some small changes.
The most important one being that major roles (including apprentices) can't be cursed. And I will try to make the rules a little bit more lawyer proof ...

Updates :
In general will be posted within half a hour after the deadline (unless the players have created a vote change mess in the last 10 minutes).
Results of orders will be sent directly after the update.
Daily update of the 1st page, which will show which players are still active and which players died (and their role and traits).
A GM vote count roughly one hour before deadline, so players have time to react if I have made mistakes in it.
Not much roleplaying in the updates.
Deadline will be 19.00 GMT.
I will try to find a not in the game participating person, who will be fully informed and who can replace me in case unexpected things happen with me IRL. (I hope this doesn't happen, but you never know ...)

Expect accuracy from me, not creativity/orginality ...

I'm sure others can present more challinging rules/themes, so I will not win the vote.
But someone has to present his ideas first, isn't it ?

It's interesting to see that after each conservative game there usually are some creative GMs that want to go next and after each innovative/disaster game there is usually more moderate GM candidates that show up. :D

@AVN
I like punctual GMs and GMs that selects an update time where they can be around at least most days.

As a former GM I know that it sometimes takes a while to get all order results out, especially if you have lots of SA and one-time scanner so "immediately after update" actually sounds better than what one can really expect. That said, I really hate it when the order results come in 17 hours after the update.

Not having even the apprentices as potential cursed can risk that a JL grow too strong/confident it can't be infiltrated. Just because you have the possibility in the rules doesn't mean you as a GM have to use it. Are you keeping the "steal apprentice" rule?

Spanish Armada sounds like something that is possible to role play, not that many of us do that any longer. :( We've had ships with shrinking crews before and as I recall it that worked reasonably well.

I wouldn't mind playing in an AVN hosted game.

Vote AVN's Spanish Armada.

God, what a theme. Wish I'd thought of adapting it myself.

I vote for blue.
Yes.

Okay, someone has to be the alternative. This theme has been taking shape in my mind for a few days already.

The Vatican

Basic idea: All of you are cardinals in the Vatican... or are you?
Even here, Atheïsm is spreading rampantly. The Orthodox Church is making bold moves trying to take over the Roman Catholics, and the end of times is approaching, what are these murmurs of the Anti-Christ?

Mechanics: I'd like to borrow Reis' Cultist roles, with one change: Villagers scanned by the seer and/or priest cannot be subverted. Apprentice is not a trait, but a role, and thus, cannot be subverted (only villagers can be subverted)

I promise you Traits! Lots of them! Every player shall have at least One trait. Some will have Multiple.

I also promise you consistent updates, GM-provided Votecounts on most days, and swift Scan Results!
2nd post will also be updated whenever appropriate.

You didn't like Johho's last game?

I don't -remember- johho's last game. Also, I think I read the word rice somewhere in his post. That's also a no-no.

Not having even the apprentices as potential cursed can risk that a JL grow too strong/confident it can't be infiltrated. Just because you have the possibility in the rules doesn't mean you as a GM have to use it.

I'm aware that there is a risk of a JL becoming too strong/confident.
There are several ways to reduce that risk and I will certainly use one or two of them.

Are you keeping the "steal apprentice" rule?
Yes. The priest and sorcerer can do that. The seer not because he can only find unclaimed apprentices.
I'm even thinking about increasing the chance that the initial scan results in a steal to 33% (you had it at 20% in your last game).

I'm aware that there is a risk of a JL becoming too strong/confident.
There are several ways to reduce that risk and I will certainly use one or two of them.
Good.

Yes. The priest and sorcerer can do that. The seer not because he can only find unclaimed apprentices.
I've always read that as the seer has a chance to steal a claimed apprentice just like any other scanner. The only difference is that he will not be aware that he failed a steal attempts. Not that it matter much given the odds of it happening.

I'm even thinking about increasing the chance that the initial scan results in a steal to 33% (you had it at 20% in your last game).
I did? It used to be 33%. Why would I have changed that? :confused: