+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 69 FirstFirst ... 5 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 55 ... LastLast

Thread: WW Big GMing Discussion and Vote thread

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Werewolf Lite CCXXXII

Deux ducs, c'est un de trop !

Two dukes, that's one too many !

Date

February 28th, 1409

The Palace of Chartres

Background

At the start of the XVth Century, a truce has been settled between Charles VI de France and Richard II of England. During this period of peace, Chalres VI has break-outs of "absences", during which his wife, Isabeau de Bavière, is regent. The two main members of the Regency Council are Louis d'Orléans and Philippe le Hardi de Bourgogne. Their politics, towards the Great Schism of Occident, towards the relationship with England,... are completely different, leading to numerous confrontations.

In 1404 Philippe le Hardi dies. Louis d'Orléans jumps on the occasion and slowly completely removes the Burgundy faction from the Regency Council. That doesn't sit too weel with Jean Sans Peur, the new duke of Burgundy.

On November 23rd of 1407, Jean Sans Peur has Louis d'Orléans assassinated in the Rue du Temple, in Paris. This sparks an open conflict between the two houses of Orléans (to become the Armagnacs) and of Bourgogne.

To settle the issue, Charles VI summons both parties to the Palace of Chartres. Count Guillaume IV de Hainaut is charged with the security of the meeting as it is likely that the members of the House of Orléans will try to use this opportunity to avenge Louis d'Orléans' death.

Rules

There shall be seventeen (17) players. Special Roles will be handed out after the last person signs up. Not all players will get an PM, only special roles

The game will then proceed to a Night deadline.

The game is divided into two periods - night and day. For practical reasons these two periods take place at the same time, from one update till the next.
    Each day, all players gather and decide to lynch one of the players - the person they think is most likely to be a werewolf. Each night, the werewolves decide who to kill. In each 24 hour period, the village will lynch, and the werewolves will hunt. The villagers can try to lynch multiple people by creating a glorious, Lemeard-approved, TIE, and the werewolves can also decide not to hunt anyone at all at night. Beware of Crovaxian slips as well!

Winning

The werewolves win if they manage to reach parity with the villagers.
    The villagers and seer win if they manage to kill all the werewolves.

Player Roles

10 or 11 X Burgundian Noblemen (Villager) : Followers of Jean Sans Peur
    3 or 4 X Orléans Noblemen (Werewolf) : Followers of Charles d'Orléans
    1 X Steward (Seer): King's Mediator, in charge of Security

Thread

Subscribe here
    Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual
    If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...

Europa Universalis IV
    MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<<

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3
    Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp.
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication
    Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club !

GM/Brutal Werewolf Leader Demi Moderator jacob-Lundgren's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Not a thread that really benefits from advertising in or needs it. No big deal though.
    A person of swedish descent who doesnt speak swedish. Number of PMs in swedish to date I couldn't understand 15
    altering your sig so you hope you wont get anymore confusing PMs
    Priceless

*Will update fully when I come up with something good to stick in here*

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

ok guys I can and want to GM the next big. but it won't start before next week tuesday as ill be on Pinkpop festival for 3 days

I can start a new thread within a day or 2. I'll come up for a set-up proposal by tonight. any requests for features? any big games people really liked? stuff you'd want to see again?

Arsenal of DemocracyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

VOTE hdk

And anything goes...
    Armageddon was yesterday - Today we have a serious problem!
    ------

Govenor of Earth in "The Paradoxian Federation" - Aurora Forum Game II - YOUR PLANET NEEDED YOU!! - Died due to Computer Crash

Games Archive and Active Games: Link

Come and play Werewolf with us! We Bite and Growl and are looking for more meat! Link

PAY ATTENTION WHEN DRIVING!

Quote Originally Posted by the_hdk View Post
    ok guys I can and want to GM the next big. but it won't start before next week tuesday as ill be on Pinkpop festival for 3 days

I can start a new thread within a day or 2. I'll come up for a set-up proposal by tonight. any requests for features? any big games people really liked? stuff you'd want to see again?
    If no one else is wanting to GM you will be it.
    A person of swedish descent who doesnt speak swedish. Number of PMs in swedish to date I couldn't understand 15
    Priceless

83 games registered

200k clubEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jacob-Lundgren View Post
    Not a thread that really benefits from advertising in or needs it. No big deal though.
    ... but i was told to come and advertise here

and
    vote hdk
    Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual
    If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...

Europa Universalis IV
    MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<<

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    So, when's the following WWBig ?

Europa Universalis IV

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Hdk was subbed in Lite so he's likely to be unavailable for the next few days... this said, the thread could go up, as far as I'm concerned...
    Come and hunt your fellow Paradoxians in the Werewolf Forum

What this means is that no one technically voted on the first day and we have all been auto-lynched. Since none of us were following ghost rules from that point forward, we are all banned from werewolf for life. - Cymsdale

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

thread will be up soon. sorting it out now I was waiting for lite to start

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Najs View Post
    The Fox-Hunt

Post WW2 England.
    The crème de la crème of British society has gathered for the annual grand fox hunt. While Europe slowly rises from the ashes this selected elite has sought temporary refuge from the world in a manor in the English countryside. Preparations have been made and the manor and its staff are ready to provide full service to the visitors.

As the guests arrive one by one a single question remains; Who is the hunter and who is the prey?

An early draft of the theme to give a pointer as to what I'm going for.
    As for the setup I intend to take a closer look at the cultists and sorcerers, possibly merging them like AOK did. Probably won't include any kamikaze attack though.
    Depending on the size of the game I might remove the GA and doctors will not have a chance to save themselves. Hunters will also be examined.
    *Cough*

Also of note: I detest apprentices switching sides. There will be none of that. Apprentices might exist.

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

*Cough*

Also of note: I detest apprentices switching sides. There will be none of that. Apprentices might exist.
    Your setup seems similar to mine (no sideswitching apprentices, different hunters, doctors cannot save themselves). And I like my setup, so

Vote Najs

If no one else posts a desire to gm within 72 hours of this post, feel free to start the thread.
    Priceless

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi500k club

*Cough*

mmm, another hunt theme... we already had a lot of those, didn't we? Of course, criticizing without entering the race myself isn't very good form, but still...

What this means is that no one technically voted on the first day and we have all been auto-lynched. Since none of us were following ghost rules from that point forward, we are all banned from werewolf for life. - Cymsdale

200k club

I still call dibs on 129.
    AAR Commentator and Werewolf Whackjob

"Getting paid for reading is the best way to make a living."

The best bit in that game is this PM from OY to his packmates:

OrangeYoshi: ... I'll also put in a preliminary hunt order to Hunt Oky's replacement. (THE_SPLIT if I'm not mistaken). He publicly asked for a sub, and that is slightly more common in Lite if you have some sort of important role.

This is OY putting in a hunt order on Oky's replacement, who is none other than OY.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMagicka
    Sword of the Stars500k club

I was very amazed someone would try that particular set of rules again after even Johho couldn't make it work.
    No, let's deep-six the idea of turnable apprentices forever, please. It's a curse that doesn't go away, can be triggered by goodies too, and the recipient is aware that it's there.
    (And really, hdk - one of those is bad enough, but four??)

Also;

Vote Najs
    "Don’t only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
    -- Ludwig von Beethoven

Boris ze Spider: I have a question, was this just luck, or?
    EUROO7: No, this was Randy's black magic.
    Boris ze Spider: Lesson learned, always trust Randy's black magic.

*** Current Overseer of BloodCarnage, a Dwarf Fortress Succession Game. Get dorfed today! ***

Holder of the sacred Eurobuck of Immunity

The future scares me. It should scare you too!

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by tamius23 View Post
    Your setup seems similar to mine (no sideswitching apprentices, different hunters, doctors cannot save themselves). And I like my setup, so

Vote Najs
    On second thoughts, I won't be here.

Unvote Najs

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by reis91 View Post
    mmm, another hunt theme... we already had a lot of those, didn't we? Of course, criticizing without entering the race myself isn't very good form, but still...
    I was swinging between that and papal election in the Vatican, but it felt too similar to your game.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by reis91 View Post
    We've had so many games by now that avoiding to recycle RPing settings is hard to do, especially if you include all Lite settings.

Anyway,

vote Najs

I was swinging between that and papal election in the Vatican, but it felt too similar to your game.
    Oh, I didn't even remember that one... still, for all it counts, I would prefer a Vatican theme (preferably early Vatican), as we've not had so many of those.

Arsenal of DemocracyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Agree that the switching apprentices should be killed..... The Idea as well.

VOTE Najs

For a Fox Win!
    Armageddon was yesterday - Today we have a serious problem!
    ------

Govenor of Earth in "The Paradoxian Federation" - Aurora Forum Game II - YOUR PLANET NEEDED YOU!! - Died due to Computer Crash

Games Archive and Active Games: Link

Come and play Werewolf with us! We Bite and Growl and are looking for more meat! Link

PAY ATTENTION WHEN DRIVING!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 69 FirstFirst ... 5 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 55 ... LastLast