• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Meanmanturbo

General
94 Badges
May 19, 2008
  • Sengoku
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • For the Motherland
  • Deus Vult
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Victoria 2
Ok, so there has not exactly been lot's of information yet on this project, so let's get this forum started with some good old fashioned wild speculation shall we.
Here is the article of the information so far:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/09/21/paradox-announce-cartel-interview/

What we do know:
Not developed in-house
RTS action and turned based strategy
Dealing with nations as well as other corporations
Internal politics dealt with either diplomacy or sending your murder machines
There will be cyber enhancements, and not of the e-mail spam kind (hmm, hope enhancements is not a trigger word for spam-bots :D)

So, the first question is if it will be developed by people P'dox is already publishing or some totally new guys. I though I read somewhere that FatShark (War of the Roses) are working on a yet to be announced title. Could it be them?

This is the Syndicate thing Fredrik mentioned a few months ago in an interview!!!

ps. !!!

Sounds really interesting. I've never played Syndicate but have always wished someone would do a remake of sorts (an RTS remake, that is) so I could give it a try. Will be following this with interest.

No, syndicate the fps is developed by an EA studio ;)

syndicate was the first game i played for a long time.

currently i am waiting for a screenshot, i really would like to know how it will look like.

ps.

if there will be many orders for the agents (crouch, climb, cover fire, prone....) i would add a pause button. i know the original never had it but it also only had a "spread out" option beside the move here and shoot there order.

Never really played the Syndicate games, but it's an interesting premise. The concept of giant untouchable corporations vying for world domination is timely enough, to be sure. An X-com style squad warfare game would be cool, but the strategic side is more interesting to me.

Yes, I really hope they will go heavy on the whole research/policits/financial part of the game rather than create a bunch of linear missions to play once or twice and forget about (I'm fresh out of the new Deus Ex :p). Make this a strategy game with minigun-running interruptions basically.

EA is already making the shallow flat console-head targetted Syndicate, here they get a chance to make something less lame. Will they?

Interesting, very interesting, I look forward to hearing more.

Yes, I really hope they will go heavy on the whole research/policits/financial part of the game rather than create a bunch of linear missions to play once or twice and forget about (I'm fresh out of the new Deus Ex :p). Make this a strategy game with minigun-running interruptions basically.

EA is already making the shallow flat console-head targetted Syndicate, here they get a chance to make something less lame. Will they?

It does look lie this game will be heavier on the strategy. The strategic part of the original syndicates were a little bare bones. I wonder if the campaign will be dynamic when you have to act and react to rival corporations actions. The originals were pretty linear in that regard.

I have a feeling this will be one of the games Paradox pays to have developed by someone else that is not part of it's usually repertoire (HoI/Vicky/E.U., etc.) that will fall flat on it's face (i.e. "Rise of Prussia", "Ship Simulators Extreme", "Dark Horizon").

Whenever Paradox releases something out of it's norm or is developed out of house, it's usually not that great. :/

Opposite Opinion, just as flawed but just as right.
I have a feeling this will be one of the games Paradox pays to have developed by someone else that is not part of it's usually repertoire (HoI/Vicky/E.U., etc.) that will succeed wildly (i.e. "Mount and Blade", "Magicka", "Sword of the Stars").

Whenever Paradox releases something out of it's norm or is developed out of house, it's usually great. :)

The game is not being developed by PI, but it was their idea and they shipped it out to potential developers. I imagine that means PI will have a lot of creative muscle to make sure it is a game they will be proud of.