+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sell me this game!

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Europa Universalis IV

Sell me this game!

So, Sengoku was released. As a mindless Paradox fan, I will probably buy it sooner or later.

Why should I buy it now? Paradox games are traditionally buggy and shallow until several patches, add-ons and mods. Follows Sengoku these examples?
    I read some of the reviews, but I rather listen to the advice of the people who played Vic2, EU3 etc like me.

Tell me the pros/cons of Sengoku as it is now for you!

If you start as a small clan, a vassal, a daimyo:

big pro: so many things can happen. One assassination, one marriage, one disease and the map is deeply changed. The most unpredictable event can come out of the smallest decision. Always the feeling that you can pull out of any situation. I have not played a game where I am pushed down to courtier rank but even at this moment, I predict I would feel everything can still happen.

big con: once you have blobbed up to a certain (low) critical mass, the feeling that anything can happen to your blob clan does not exist. Game collapses quite fast.

Pan Celticist Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

I think this thread should be of interest to you, Meothar.

10+ Years on the Forum Demi Moderator SAS's Avatar
    93 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEast India Company CollectionFor the MotherlandGalactic AssaultGettysburg
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    EUIV: Call to arms eventMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder WizardWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaAncient SpaceCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    I will have to say this is exactly the type of Japanese computer game I have been waiting years for. I highly recommend it to anyone who like character management.
    - March of the Eagles mod: The Gods

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

+ Reply to Thread