• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

celt43

Sergeant
59 Badges
Sep 16, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Knights of Honor
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • 500k Club
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Ancient Space
  • Victoria 2
I was going well, I won a war and disbanded my troops ..with in a few days all of my lands turned red with revolt. Now I have monks attacking my castles and its spreading... what did I do wrong and can I fix it or is it too late? Thanks :)

Hello,

well, you mean Ikko-Ikki? You should send your Master of Arms and try to "Restore Order". If it doesn't work, you are in a rush! They become pretty powerful in a full blast! Try to subjugate them as soon as possible, otherwise their army will raise up to 15K and it will be a pain in the back.

Regards and g'luck.

Help.. things getting revolting.

Hello,

well, you mean Ikko-Ikki? You should send your Master of Arms and try to "Restore Order". If it doesn't work, you are in a rush! They become pretty powerful in a full blast! Try to subjugate them as soon as possible, otherwise their army will raise up to 15K and it will be a pain in the back.

Regards and g'luck.

All my provinces are now revolting with Buddhist rebels. I can not keep up with them. Grown tired of playing as it seems impossible to settle them down. I send my master of arms to one place only for the rebels to start trouble elsewhere. He cannot be in all provinces at the same time. How can I get them back to being happy? All my lands show as RED (Angry revolt) on the map and I have no real clue on what to do. In fact this part of the game seems ridiculous to bring under control? It has ruined my game experience as it has become frustrating to control. If it was one province I can understand but all at once cannot be handled.. any help before I throw in the towel and give up. Thanks.

Do you have more than five provinces under your personal control?

Yes, that's important also. If you try to control more than 5, the revolt risk is highly probable. Give some koris to your vassals as soon as possible.

I noticed that this game has an attrition feature to guide revolts: when you draw more and more on your levies and they can not respond to it, you get a 10 revolt modifier. Usually shows it for the AI, never as the player as you are not led to draw that much on levies.

Too many provinces looks like the issue. For one province over 5, you get a 5 revolt modifier. If you build a theater in each of your provinces, you might go with the 5 revolt modifier you get when you hold 6 provinces instead of five.

I have eight (8) provinces and I have abandoned the game due to all of them in revolt and nothing I do seems to fix it. A pop up box appeared on screen saying the farmers were tired of high taxes but I dont know how to lower the tax rate. My castles are under siege and I have to raise levies, armies to crush them, this I think is making the situation worse??? And afterwards the province is missing certain buildings I had completed like the theater? So is this a bug that I should report or is there a way of handling this situation that a newbie like myself is not aware of. All was fine one minute then the next all were in revolt. I had just ended a war and was at peace, all armies had been disbanded near their home province and suddenly all show in red and angry. Ive stopped playing in frustration. :( So this current game is not worth going on with? * I will try and give some Koris to my vassels and see what happens?

Last edited:
You're getting revolts because you own too many provinces. You need to keep five or less provinces in your personal demesne or you will get added revolt risk, just like you are now with 8 provinces.

Grant titles of some provinces to your courtier underlings, so they can run them for you. Keep your own at 5 or less. Once you're under that number, your revolt risk will go down the next day, but those armies will still be there. So it's your call on whether to call this campaign quits and start over, or attempting to take control back. And remember... FIVE provinces or less! ;)

Also: keep an eye on those little circular notifications that pop up in the top center of your screen. Hover your mouse over each one to see a pop-up mentioning any problems, such as this, in the future.

Solved: I gave three provinces to my son and next day all the lands were calm and back in the green. :) Note to self: No matter how much land I win in conquest Im to only own and maintain no more then five for myself. Give the rest to sons "etc".
So is there a historic reason for this or its just how the games runs? It all seem to happen at the same time. At the time I did not know, as soon as I won my sixth province in battle is when it all started. Totally swamped as newbie like myself. LOL Thanks everyone for the patience to explain it to me. I was worried there for a while. :) Thanks.

Solved: I gave three provinces to my son and next day all the lands were calm and back in the green. :) Note to self: No matter how much land I win in conquest Im to only own and maintain no more then five for myself. Give the rest to sons "etc".

Dont forget something: when your heir is going to inherit, he will inherit all, your vassals and your titles.

So, if you hand it down a daimyo title and provinces, once he is inherited, you will have extra vassals and extra land over the limit of five.

Dont forget something: when your heir is going to inherit, he will inherit all, your vassals and your titles.

So, if you hand it down a daimyo title and provinces, once he is inherited, you will have extra vassals and extra land over the limit of five.

Good point to remember, thanks. :)

* Now if they would only learn to all just get along & sing "Give peace a chance" I can get back on my feet. LOL ;)