• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
war ended earlier, in late 43' i think or early 44. because everything happened at the same time - big scale allies landing on the west side, soviet troops slowly reclaiming land in the east and my sudden out of nowhere attack, and i had huge border since i took hungary/yugoslavia/etc in earlier years, so i took 80% of germany + few spanish provinces. Then i got strange event which i saw for a first time, that i got germany. So i didn't have a chance to click 'Annex' , it was auto-annexed after allies took last VP provinence in norway. After that, i got one event time of peace, quite quickly after the war (weeks i guess?). then i got another event saying we managed to stay neutral durning the war (!!)... i guess it was because i didn't join Axis or Allies or Commitern, but i was far from neutral... my belligerence 300 says something after all ;) (seems belligerence is often ignored...)

anyway after few additional months another time of peace event fired, no idea why, but when i loaded from older save, it fired again around the same time.

so in short, both events fired not one after another, but had few months in-between

this handicap was actually all the time i was not at war, so in 1934-35 when i was at peace, i h ad this modifier, but when i went to war with yugoslavia, it dissapeared, so i think it works also before 45'

EDIT: i found out industrial_modifier and it is set to 0.9200 for ITA. yet if i load the same savegame, i have like 93IC from ~600

most other countries have it at 1.20, 1.21, 1.23, 1.18 and so on... so maybe it depends on the technology also somehow? but anyway, i'm not behind others in industry for sure, so no idea... and also 0.92 doesn't explain so low IC

EDIT2: i found out another modifier, peacetime_ic_mod , it is set to 0.3 for me, but it is also set to very low values for others, like 0.15 , 0.45, but also 0.80 and 0.90. SOV got it at 0.15... i loaded a game as them and indeed, they have -85% penalty

is there any way to delete this event completely? i have changed every peacetime_ic_mod = something to peacetime_ic_mod = 1 for every country, but i want to make sure that it will not fire again (also for new games). my idea is to empty the whole peacetime_modifiers.txt but i don't know if it will breake anything

Last edited:
First of all, I just wanted to say that a fleshed-out Cold War mod for DH is an awesome idea.

However, I've run into a massive problem that keeps me from loading a saved game: I can start a file just fine, but 100% of the time when loading a saved game I get the "critical error" message reading "missing in statement line = 60142", and the game fails to load. I'm pretty sure I did the installation just as you said, but what gives? Should I change something in the "New World Order 2" directory because I really want to play this mod?

On a lesser note, after declining to recognize Renner's Austrian government, the "Seek unification with our brothers" fires repeatedly for Austria. Is it supposed to do that or not?

Edit: I'm playing as USA. Does this explain some of the errors?

In an ideal case, everything should be errorless. Could you include the line 60142, so we can know what is exactly the problem?

war ended earlier, in late 43' i think or early 44. because everything happened at the same time - big scale allies landing on the west side, soviet troops slowly reclaiming land in the east and my sudden out of nowhere attack, and i had huge border since i took hungary/yugoslavia/etc in earlier years, so i took 80% of germany + few spanish provinces. Then i got strange event which i saw for a first time, that i got germany. So i didn't have a chance to click 'Annex' , it was auto-annexed after allies took last VP provinence in norway. After that, i got one event time of peace, quite quickly after the war (weeks i guess?). then i got another event saying we managed to stay neutral durning the war (!!)... i guess it was because i didn't join Axis or Allies or Commitern, but i was far from neutral... my belligerence 300 says something after all ;) (seems belligerence is often ignored...)

anyway after few additional months another time of peace event fired, no idea why, but when i loaded from older save, it fired again around the same time.

so in short, both events fired not one after another, but had few months in-between

this handicap was actually all the time i was not at war, so in 1934-35 when i was at peace, i h ad this modifier, but when i went to war with yugoslavia, it dissapeared, so i think it works also before 45'

EDIT: i found out industrial_modifier and it is set to 0.9200 for ITA. yet if i load the same savegame, i have like 93IC from ~600

most other countries have it at 1.20, 1.21, 1.23, 1.18 and so on... so maybe it depends on the technology also somehow? but anyway, i'm not behind others in industry for sure, so no idea... and also 0.92 doesn't explain so low IC

EDIT2: i found out another modifier, peacetime_ic_mod , it is set to 0.3 for me, but it is also set to very low values for others, like 0.15 , 0.45, but also 0.80 and 0.90. SOV got it at 0.15... i loaded a game as them and indeed, they have -85% penalty

is there any way to delete this event completely? i have changed every peacetime_ic_mod = something to peacetime_ic_mod = 1 for every country, but i want to make sure that it will not fire again (also for new games). my idea is to empty the whole peacetime_modifiers.txt but i don't know if it will breake anything

Yeah, I mixed up those two options (industrial_mod and peacetime_industrial_mod), I meant the latter. Thinking about it, I should probably simplify the mechanism a bit by setting the peacetime mod once for all and let it be deactivated only in times of war, by the game engine.

All of those things that happened to you sound familiar to me but something went wrong with them. :) You got the event annexing Germany because I presume you took Berlin and the mod lets Germany to be finished off (autoannexed) even if there are some pockets of resistance still standing (like historically Norway, Liepaja, etc.). That's correct. The event of "staying out of war" fires because you were assigned the true/false flag that you existed at the moment of German surrender. So you didn't receive free resources and units like all the countries released in the process of German defeat. That's too correct but it gives me a good idea to change the description of the event. Belligerence is not a perfect measure here, both freshly released Greece and passive Turkey would have it at 0in 1945, yet only the first should get the startup bonus.

I'll think about it more when at home. I'll want to change the "Time of Peace" events already for 1.9.0 release so probably it can fix it. :) As for peacetime_modifiers.txt, yes, you can remove or comment out all the events with no serious consequence, as a short-time resolution.

First of all, I just wanted to say that a fleshed-out Cold War mod for DH is an awesome idea.

However, I've run into a massive problem that keeps me from loading a saved game: I can start a file just fine, but 100% of the time when loading a saved game I get the "critical error" message reading "missing in statement line = 60142", and the game fails to load. I'm pretty sure I did the installation just as you said, but what gives? Should I change something in the "New World Order 2" directory because I really want to play this mod?

On a lesser note, after declining to recognize Renner's Austrian government, the "Seek unification with our brothers" fires repeatedly for Austria. Is it supposed to do that or not?

Edit: I'm playing as USA. Does this explain some of the errors?

Definitely I'll need quoting your savegame contents, preferably the given line and some 10-20 lines before and after. Maybe there's a problem similar to "Zvezda" techteam - some tech team or division name is incorrect and the problem showed up in your particular game. You can check line numbers even in Windows Notepad if you untick "Word wrap" option and display "Status bar", or preferably in any more advanced txt editor.

"Seek unification with our brothers" is a thing from ideology_switch.txt which should fire if both ideology-differing countries (Austria - Commie Austria, Hungary - Commie Hungary, etc.) happen to exist at the same time and they both acquire the same ideology (both are communist or both non-communist. This shouldn't happen to Austria at all, and if it does it should mean that one country annexes the other. I'll look at the events.

Definitely I'll need quoting your savegame contents, preferably the given line and some 10-20 lines before and after. Maybe there's a problem similar to "Zvezda" techteam - some tech team or division name is incorrect and the problem showed up in your particular game. You can check line numbers even in Windows Notepad if you untick "Word wrap" option and display "Status bar", or preferably in any more advanced txt editor.

Sure, here you go.
Given the fact that the error message said something about a"ship repair" line being missing, it's probably something along the lines of the Zevezda tech team problem

tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30001 }
name = "61 Kommunara Nikolayev Shipyards"
picture = "T3700"
skill = 4
research_types = { electronics naval_engineering technical_efficiency naval_artillery }
startyear = 1930
endyear = 1970
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30002 }
name = "Barrikada Factory Design Bureau"
picture = "T3701"
skill = 5
research_types = { artillery mechanics electronics training general_equipment }
startyear = 1930
endyear = 1970
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30003 }
name = "Charkov Factory Design Bureau"
picture = "T3702"
skill = 7
research_types = { artillery mechanics technical_efficiency vehicle_engineering }
startyear = 1927
endyear = 1970
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30004 }
name = "RNII"
picture = "T3703"
skill = 5
research_types = { rocketry mathematics }
startyear = 1930
endyear = 1944
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30005 }
name = "Igor Kurchatov"
picture = "T3704"
skill = 4
research_types = { nuclear_physics nuclear_engineering mathematics }
startyear = 1930
endyear = 1960
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30006 }
name = "Boris Shaposhnikov"
picture = "T3705"
skill = 5
research_types = { training large_unit_tactics centralized_execution }
startyear = 1930
endyear = 1945
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30007 }
name = "Mikhail Tukhachevsky"
picture = "T3706"
skill = 5
research_types = { training large_unit_tactics combined_arms_focus }
startyear = 1930
endyear = 1938
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30008 }
name = "Alexander Vasilevsky"
picture = "T3707"
skill = 7
research_types = { training large_unit_tactics centralized_execution combined_arms_focus }
startyear = 1940
endyear = 1970
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30009 }
name = "Grabin Design Bureau"
picture = "T3708"
skill = 5
research_types = { artillery mechanics general_equipment technical_efficiency munitions }
startyear = 1930
endyear = 1970
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30010 }
name = "Ilyushin Design Bureau"
picture = "T3709"
skill = 6
research_types = { general_equipment aeronautics aircraft_testing munitions bomber_design }
startyear = 1930
endyear = 1970
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30011 }
name = "Kirov Factory Design Bureau"
picture = "T3710"
skill = 6
research_types = { artillery mechanics management munitions vehicle_engineering }
startyear = 1930
endyear = 1970
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30012 }
name = "Nevskoye Design Bureau"
picture = "T3711"
skill = 5
research_types = { naval_engineering technical_efficiency naval_artillery submarine_design }
startyear = 1930
endyear = 1970
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30013 }
name = "Nizny Tagil Factories"
picture = "T3712"
skill = 6
research_types = { mechanics chemistry industrial_engineering technical_efficiency vehicle_engineering }
startyear = 1930
endyear = 1970
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30014 }
name = "STZ Factory Design Bureau"
picture = "T3713"
skill = 5
research_types = { mechanics electronics general_equipment }
startyear = 1930
endyear = 1970
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30015 }
name = "Tupolev Design Bureau"
picture = "T3714"
skill = 7
research_types = { rocketry aeronautics technical_efficiency aircraft_testing bomber_design }
startyear = 1922
endyear = 1970
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30016 }
name = "Nikolai G. Kuznetsov"
picture = "T3715"
skill = 6
research_types = { naval_artillery submarine_tactics large_taskforce_tactics small_taskforce_tactics }
startyear = 1930
endyear = 1956
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30017 }
name = "J.I. Alksnis"
picture = "T3716"
skill = 6
research_types = { training fighter_tactics bomber_tactics piloting }
startyear = 1930
endyear = 1938
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30018 }
name = "Alexander A. Novikov"
picture = "T3717"
skill = 6
research_types = { training fighter_tactics bomber_tactics piloting }
startyear = 1940
endyear = 1970
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30019 }
name = "A.S. Yakovlev Design Bureau"
picture = "T3718"
skill = 8
research_types = { mechanics aeronautics aircraft_testing fighter_design }
startyear = 1934
endyear = 1970
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30020 }
name = "Igor Tamm"
picture = "T3719"
skill = 6
research_types = { nuclear_physics nuclear_engineering mathematics }
startyear = 1945
endyear = 1970
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30021 }
name = "Sergei Korolev"
picture = "T3720"
skill = 7
research_types = { rocketry aeronautics technical_efficiency }
startyear = 1946
endyear = 1966
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30022 }
name = "Vozdushno-Desantnye Voyska"
picture = "T3721"
skill = 6
research_types = { artillery small_unit_tactics vehicle_engineering airborne_training }
startyear = 1930
endyear = 1970
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30023 }
name = "MIG Design Bureau"
picture = "100317"
skill = 8
research_types = { general_equipment rocketry aeronautics aircraft_testing fighter_design }
startyear = 1940
endyear = 1970
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30024 }
name = "Moscow Institute of Railway Engineering"
picture = "100472"
skill = 6
research_types = { mechanics industrial_engineering }
startyear = 1890
endyear = 1970
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30025 }
name = "Tula Arsenal"
picture = "100272"
skill = 5
research_types = { artillery training general_equipment medicine }
startyear = 1890
endyear = 1970
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30026 }
name = "Leon Trotsky"
picture = "100318"
skill = 7
research_types = { training large_unit_tactics centralized_execution individual_courage infantry_focus }
startyear = 1914
endyear = 1929
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30027 }
name = "Vasili Altfater"
picture = "100459"
skill = 4
research_types = { naval_training small_taskforce_tactics seamanship }
startyear = 1914
endyear = 1919
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30028 }
name = "Yevgeni Berens"
picture = "team_noimage"
skill = 4
startyear = 1919
endyear = 1920
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30029 }
name = "Aleksandr Nemits"
picture = "100460"
skill = 4
startyear = 1920
endyear = 1922
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30030 }
name = "Eduard Pantserzhansky"
picture = "team_noimage"
skill = 4
startyear = 1922
endyear = 1937
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30100 }
name = "Sergey Gorshkov"
picture = "T30100"
skill = 7
research_types = { centralized_execution naval_training submarine_tactics large_taskforce_tactics small_taskforce_tactics }
startyear = 1956
endyear = 1970
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30101 }
name = "Rubin Design Bureau"
picture = "T30101"
skill = 5
research_types = { electronics naval_engineering nuclear_engineering technical_efficiency naval_artillery }
startyear = 1901
endyear = 1970
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30102 }
name = "Dalzavod Naval Industries"
picture = "T12702"
skill = 5
research_types = { mechanics electronics naval_engineering naval_artillery }
startyear = 1900
endyear = 1970
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30103 }
name = "Sukhoi Design Bureau"
picture = "T7212"
skill = 4
research_types = { rocketry aeronautics aircraft_testing avionics fighter_design }
startyear = 1939
endyear = 1970
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30104 }
name = "Uralvagonzavod"
picture = "T14708"
skill = 9
research_types = { artillery mechanics electronics technical_efficiency vehicle_engineering }
startyear = 1946
endyear = 1970
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30105 }
name = "Kurganmashzavod"
picture = "T14705"
skill = 6
research_types = { artillery mechanics general_equipment technical_efficiency vehicle_engineering }
startyear = 1946
endyear = 1970
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30106 }
name = "Izhevsk Ordnance and Steel Plant"
picture = "T14704"
skill = 7
research_types = { artillery mechanics general_equipment munitions }
startyear = 1946
endyear = 1970
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30107 }
name = "Sergey Lebedev"
picture = "T30107"
skill = 6
research_types = { mechanics electronics chemistry mathematics }
startyear = 1950
endyear = 1970
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30108 }
name = "Marine Scientific Research Institute of Radioelectronics"
picture = "T30108"
skill = 5
research_types = { electronics naval_training small_taskforce_tactics seamanship }
startyear = 1938
endyear = 1970
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30109 }
name = "Valentin Glushko"
picture = "R19"
skill = 6
research_types = { rocketry mathematics centralized_execution }
startyear = 1930
endyear = 1986
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30110 }
name = "Ivan Konev"
picture = "R30"
skill = 5
research_types = { training large_unit_tactics centralized_execution infantry_focus }
startyear = 1940
endyear = 1960
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30111 }
name = "Vasily Sokolovsky"
picture = "R29"
skill = 6
research_types = { training large_unit_tactics individual_courage combined_arms_focus }
startyear = 1941
endyear = 1960
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30112 }
name = "Konstantin Vershinin"
picture = "R28"
skill = 6
research_types = { training small_unit_tactics fighter_tactics bomber_tactics piloting }
startyear = 1941
endyear = 1969
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30113 }
name = "Aleksei Antonov"
picture = "R24"
skill = 7
research_types = { training large_unit_tactics centralized_execution individual_courage infantry_focus }
startyear = 1940
endyear = 1962
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30114 }
name = "Vladimir Tributs"
picture = "R23"
skill = 5
research_types = { naval_artillery naval_training large_taskforce_tactics small_taskforce_tactics seamanship }
startyear = 1939
endyear = 1961
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30115 }
name = "Ivan S. Yumashev"
picture = "R22"
skill = 6
research_types = { centralized_execution naval_training small_taskforce_tactics seamanship }
startyear = 1939
endyear = 1957
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30116 }
name = ""Shiprepair DVZ ""Zvezda""""
picture = "R20"
skill = 5
research_types = { naval_training submarine_tactics small_taskforce_tactics seamanship }
startyear = 1957
endyear = 1980
}
tech_team = {
id = { type = 10 id = 30117 }
name = "R&D PE Zvezda"
picture = "R21"
skill = 8
research_types = { mechanics electronics rocketry aeronautics aircraft_testing }
startyear = 1952
endyear = 1980
}

There are way too many "s. Change it to "Shiprepair DVZ Zvezda". (quotation marks included!)

That did the trick.
Thanks, man (or girl)

Has none of you come across the error concerning the missing "diplomacy.ink" file when loading up a 1945 scenario? It says something like "Missing: \scenarios\1945\diplomacy.ink". I just checked my scenario files, then downloaded NWO2 again, checked there, but there's nothing like a diplomacy.ink file. And, tbh, I'm too lazy to read 50 pages but I used the search tool.
Might someone help me? I've got the latest NWO2 Version and DH 1.02. I only played the 1933 scenario before (and there isn't a diplomacy.ink file as well).
Thanks in advance

Hey, I was going to play a game as Spain and wanted to know if there's anything special for them, such as flavor events. Are there?
I don't want to play a generic game as Spain!

Both problems were fixed in recent versions/hotfixes. I introduced diplomacy.inc as a file to store all the relations between countries in a separate file but dropped the idea for now.

:) I have a pleasure now to announce finishing 1.9.0 version of the mod. I managed to fix several big things waiting to be corrected and some other issues that I was aware of even though they weren't so prominent as others. But finally I was able to play quite a few long handsoff games and see what's not working. Here's the changelog:

Code:
[+] added full support for 1953 scenario (OOBs, cabinets, tech levels, etc.)
[+] added flavor events and power struggles after death of Stalin (proposed by FCZP and Andropov123)
[x] corrected names of Pakistani garrisons in 1950 scenario
[-] removed building queues for Italy and Turkey in 1950 scenario
[x] a lot of countries that did not pursue revisionist policies post-1945 have their extra cores/claims removed for later scenarios
[+] Japan now claims the Kuriles in 1950 and 1953 scenario
[x] USA now guarantees Japan in all scenarios and has military access
[x] In 1945 scenario USA now can research Miniaturized Fission Bomb tech and progress further down the nuclear tech tree (reported by Deuterium Dawn)
[-] removed inland seaport in Kandy (reported by Occlude)
[x] relocation of the Soviet rocket centre had incorrect description, fixed
[x] fixed Submission of Tibet event which made Tibet be annexed by China regardless of Chinese action choice
[x] Iraq ceases to be British puppet after 1958 revolution
[x] Soviet ministers at the start of 1945, 1950 and 1953 scenarios changed (reported by FCZP)
[x] if Peron stays in power in Argentina (left-wing radical) there is now possibility of some later elections
[x] Warsaw Pact is now correctly activated (with its name and symbol properly displayed)
[x] unified the name of Dutch colonies: "Dutch East Indies" and "Netherlands New Guinea"
[x] Soviet ministers get their missing traits (proposed by Xie)
[x] fixed once again Dutch East India being allied with the Allies in Indonesian National Revolution (they cease to be puppet for the time of war)
[x] added white border to all the minister/tech photos that lacked it, for consistency
[x] added a couple of "walkaround" events so that East Turkestan and Indonesia finally get correct ministers shortly after scenarios start
[x] simplified and possibly corrected events concerning peacetime modifiers (reported by juice99)
[x] NAP between Chinas now lasts till the end of the timeline (can still be broken during Taiwan Crisis)
[+] added Andrei Zhdanov, Soviet minister (proposed by FCZP)
[x] new photos for Gen. Laskin (proposed by FCZP), Gomulka, Nixon, L. Johnson, Kennedy and Eisenhower
[x] Greece gets Rhodes as core province in 1945 and core and owned province in 1950/1953 scenario
[x] East Timor is no longer a core province of Dutch East India
[x] changes among American chiefs of staff are now taken into account in scenarios and election events (reported by Kennelly)
[x] if USSR chooses not to release any European states after beating Nazi Germany, an event to release German zone of occupation or Germany is also slept (reported by Andropov123)
[x] corrected date of event giving Eritrea to Ethiopia which makes the event chain to finally work
[x] simplified triggers of Abadan Crisis so it happens actually now; the game ensures also that Mossadeq really is in the office (reported by NickRooz)
[x] Hungary, if victorious in 1956, can choose to remain left-wing radical or go fully democratic
[x] In 1950 scenario Malaya, Sarawak, Somalia and Libya are British puppets (reported by Andropov123)
[x] corrected problems in case of ahistorical Polish western border in 1945 and added an event giving Poland proper cores
[+] added a photo of Leopold III of Belgium for his ahistorical reign in 1950s
[x] Egypt revokes access for the UK in 1952
[x] Busan is now landfort level 3 to help PRK in achieving victory
[x] colonial claims removal event does not fire for UK in 1950 scenario
[x] fixed serious problems with surrender events which could force peace imposed on the UK (The Crumbling Empire) or USA (The Lost Hope) on the rest of the Allies
[+] added AI files for postwar Chinas and Koreas, possibly to limit their tendency to go to war
[x] USSR no longer guarantees Communist Greece in 1945 scenario (and shouldn't give its guarantee as long as democratic Greece exists too), so it shouldn't go into war over Greek Civil War (reported by Kennelly)
[x] fixed glitches on Warsaw Pact emblem
[x] many other small fixes

In short, I'm happy that Ethiopia finally gets Eritrea when it should, Saarland is annexed, Abadan Crisis fires, any major alliance should not meddle with local conflicts like Indonesian revolution and Greek civil war and surrender events get two ugly bugs fixed. And 1953 scenario is there as a bonus ;)

However, a couple of things are still to be fixed. The most important thing is that I see that the issue with releasing some of colonial possessions exists but I can't see what's wrong and can't help it, short of rewriting these events. But I remember about it.

To clarify things a bit, here's a list of things I'd like to concentrate on the road to 2.0 release:
- 1956 scenario (I'd like to release it in 1.9.1)
- 1959 scenario
- Warsaw Uprising and uprising of Tito partisans
- Free City of Trieste
- WW3 surrender events
- some basic AI tweaks for WW3
- demobilization events for Cold War
- clashes between India and China
- conflicts in Vietnam
- flavor events for German refugee scientists
- dismantling of European Eastern bloc
- getting nuclear strategic advantage events working.

Not bad, it's still a lot to do in the mod + fixing what I did wrong already :) Of course it's an open list, some things may enter here while some may slip silently to a 2.0.x realm ;)

I'll be updating the first post with links in a while.

Last edited:
Hey, I was going to play a game as Spain and wanted to know if there's anything special for them, such as flavor events. Are there?
I don't want to play a generic game as Spain!

You have bud luck, Spain is as generic as a country can get. You can propose some events if you like though!

Spain is always generic!
I may look into Francoist Spain some more to see what fun things can be done with them and make suggestions. Spain had a rather unique position of being hated by everyone in Europe despite not being communist. Not so much a non-aligned group like Yugoslavia, but they were just sort of...there. Then again, considering they never fought over losing colonies and there was political stability, perhaps Spain being generic is a good thing.

Bizon, I dont know if this is fixed for 1.9.0, but when playing as Iran no event apart from the event chain for the Iran Crisis fire, the events can't even be fired through the console(only the Abadan Crisis can be fired through the console). Do you know why?

By Iranian Crisis I understand 1946 events of free Kurdistan appearing and Iran attacking and annexing it (with Soviets usually ignoring this). This, I think, always worked, with some unpleasant twist of the Allies allying with Iran lately and dropping a couple of nukes there (and it's not fixed in 1.9.0 when I think of it, I forgot :] )

I've seen Abadan Crisis firing in my test games in March 1951, at least first events for nationalization of AIOC and economic sanctions. In 1953 scenario, if you played, there's indeed little action for Iran.

Bizon
nice update

but nothing new for USSR
maybe you forgot to add new files in update? :)

1) Soviet leaders so far don't have photos in soviet.csv and there are mistakes in their rank years, start and end years

current version
Kasatonov V.A. 30790 SOV 1941 1949 1953 1990 1 5 0 3 0 5 1 unknown 1941 1974 x
Lobov S.M. 30791 SOV 1946 1954 1964 1990 1 5 0 2 0 5 1 unknown 1946 1974 x
Sergeyev N. 30780 SOV 1943 1953 1964 1970 1 5 0 2 0 5 1 unknown 1943 1974 x
Dashitshev 30729 SOV 1930 1990 1990 1990 3 4 0 1 0 3 0 unknown 1930 1970 x
Duhanov 30728 SOV 1930 1990 1990 1990 3 4 0 1 0 3 0 unknown 1930 1970 x
Khabarov 30725 SOV 1930 1943 1990 1990 2 4 1 1 0 4 0 1172 1930 1960 x
Starikov 30726 SOV 1930 1942 1990 1990 2 4 0 1 0 4 0 unknown 1930 1970 x

correct version:
Kasatonov V.A. 30790 SOV 1941 1949 1953 1990 1 5 0 3 0 5 1 R3 1941 1974 x
Lobov S.M. 30791 SOV 1946 1954 1964 1970 1 5 0 2 0 5 1 R4 1946 1974 x
Sergeyev N.D. 30780 SOV 1943 1949 1958 1965 1 5 0 2 0 5 1 R2 1943 1977 x
Dashiсhev 30729 SOV 1953 1990 1990 1990 3 4 0 1 0 3 0 R5 1953 1954 x
Duhanov 30728 SOV 1935 1943 1990 1990 3 4 0 1 0 3 0 R6 1935 1953 x
Khabarov 30725 SOV 1939 1945 1990 1990 2 4 1 1 0 4 0 1172 1939 1950 x
Starikov V.G. 30726 SOV 1948 1953 1990 1990 2 4 1024 1 0 4 1 R7 1948 1972 x

2) incorrect names of soviet land units

current version
5-ya Mongolskyi Kavaleriiskaya Divizyia, 6-ya Mongolskyi Kavaleriiskaya Divizyia

correct version
5-ya Mongolskaya Kavaleriyskaya Divizyia, 6-ya Mongolskaya Kavaleriyskaya Divizyia

current
59-ya Kavaleriiskaya Divizyia and so on

correct:
59-ya Kavaleriyskaya Divizyia

current
1-ya Krasnaya Znameni Armiya

correct
1-ya Krasnoznamennaya Armiya or 1st Red Banner Army

3) and old mistakes with Soviet garrison divisions

correct version:
}
landunit = {
id = { type = 30151 id = 78 }
name = "1-y Kurilskiy Garnizon"
location = 1543
division = {
type = garrison
model = 6
id = { type = 30154 id = 440 }
name = "1-y Kurilskiy Garnizon"
}
}
landunit = {
id = { type = 30151 id = 79 }
name = "2-y Kurilskiy Garnizon"
location = 1543
division = {
type = garrison
model = 6
id = { type = 30154 id = 441 }
name = "2-y Kurilskiy Garnizon"
}
}
landunit = {
id = { type = 30151 id = 80 }
name = "1-y Sakhalinskiy Garnizon"
location = 1541
division = {
type = garrison
model = 6
id = { type = 30154 id = 442 }
name = "1-y Sakhalinskiy Garnizon"
}
}
landunit = {
id = { type = 30151 id = 81 }
name = "2-y Sakhalinskiy Garnizon"
location = 1542
division = {
type = garrison
model = 6
id = { type = 30154 id = 443 }
name = "2-y Sakhalinskiy Garnizon"
}
}
landunit = {
id = { type = 30151 id = 87 }
name = "1-y Gvardyeiskiy korpus Dalnevostochnogo Poberezhya"
location = 1190
division = {
type = garrison
model = 6
id = { type = 30154 id = 466 }
name = "1-ya Dalnevostochnaya Gvard. Div. Beregovoy Oborony"
}
}
landunit = {
id = { type = 30151 id = 88 }
name = "2-y Gvardyeiskiy korpus Dalnevostochnogo Poberezhya"
location = 1195
division = {
type = garrison
model = 6
id = { type = 30154 id = 467 }
name = "2-ya Dalnevostochnaya Gvard. Div. Beregovoy Oborony"
}
}
landunit = {
id = { type = 30151 id = 89 }
name = "3-y Gvardyeiskiy korpus Dalnevostochnogo Poberezhya"
location = 1194
division = {
type = garrison
model = 6
id = { type = 30154 id = 468 }
name = "3-ya Dalnevostochnaya Gvard. Div. Beregovoy Oborony"
}
}
landunit = {
id = { type = 30151 id = 90 }
name = "1-ya Pogranichnaya"
location = 1167
division = {
type = garrison
model = 6
id = { type = 30154 id = 460 }
name = "1-ya Pogranichnaya Divizyia"
}
}
landunit = {
id = { type = 30151 id = 91 }
name = "2-ya Pogranichnaya"
location = 504
division = {
type = garrison
model = 6
id = { type = 30154 id = 461 }
name = "2-ya Pogranichnaya Divizyia"
}
}
landunit = {
id = { type = 30151 id = 92 }
name = "3-ya Pogranichnaya"
location = 1105
division = {
type = garrison
model = 6
id = { type = 30154 id = 462 }
name = "3-ya Pogranichnaya Divizyia"
}
}
landunit = {
id = { type = 30151 id = 93 }
name = "4-ya Pogranichnaya"
location = 1099
division = {
type = garrison
model = 6
id = { type = 30154 id = 463 }
name = "4-ya Pogranichnaya Divizyia"
}
}
landunit = {
id = { type = 30151 id = 94 }
name = "5-ya Pogranichnaya"
location = 711
division = {
type = garrison
model = 6
id = { type = 30154 id = 464 }
name = "5-ya Pogranichnaya Divizyia"
}
}
landunit = {
id = { type = 30151 id = 95 }
name = "6-ya Pogranichnaya"
location = 709
division = {
type = garrison
model = 6
id = { type = 30154 id = 465 }
name = "6-ya Pogranichnaya Divizyia"
}
}
landunit = {
id = { type = 30151 id = 96 }
name = "1-ya Obespecheniya"
location = 169
division = {
type = garrison
model = 6
id = { type = 30154 id = 456 }
name = "1-ya Diviziya Obespecheniya"
}
}
landunit = {
id = { type = 30151 id = 97 }
name = "2-ya Obespecheniya"
location = 173
division = {
type = garrison
model = 6
id = { type = 30154 id = 457 }
name = "2-ya Diviziya Obespecheniya"
}
}
landunit = {
id = { type = 30151 id = 98 }
name = "3-ya Obespecheniya"
location = 195
division = {
type = garrison
model = 6
id = { type = 30154 id = 458 }
name = "3-ya Diviziya Obespecheniya"
}
}
landunit = {
id = { type = 30151 id = 99 }
name = "4-ya Obespecheniya"
location = 163
division = {
type = garrison
model = 6
id = { type = 30154 id = 459 }
name = "4-ya Diviziya Obespecheniya"
}
}
landunit = {
id = { type = 30151 id = 100 }
name = "1-ya Beregovaya Okhrana"
location = 535
division = {
type = garrison
model = 6
id = { type = 30154 id = 449 }
name = "1-ya Divizyia Beregovoy Oborony"
}
}
landunit = {
id = { type = 30151 id = 101 }
name = "2-ya Beregovaya Okhrana"
location = 264
division = {
type = garrison
model = 6
id = { type = 30154 id = 450 }
name = "2-ya Divizyia Beregovoy Oborony"
}
}
landunit = {
id = { type = 30151 id = 102 }
name = "3-ya Beregovaya Okhrana"
location = 641
division = {
type = garrison
model = 6
id = { type = 30154 id = 451 }
name = "3-ya Divizyia Beregovoy Oborony"
}
}
landunit = {
id = { type = 30151 id = 103 }
name = "4-ya Beregovaya Okhrana"
location = 268
division = {
type = garrison
model = 6
id = { type = 30154 id = 452 }
name = "4-ya Divizyia Beregovoy Oborony"
}
}
landunit = {
id = { type = 30151 id = 104 }
name = "5-ya Beregovaya Okhrana"
location = 184
division = {
type = garrison
model = 6
id = { type = 30154 id = 453 }
name = "5-ya Divizyia Beregovoy Oborony"
}
}
landunit = {
id = { type = 30151 id = 105 }
name = "6-ya Beregovaya Okhrana"
location = 542
division = {
type = garrison
model = 6
id = { type = 30154 id = 454 }
name = "6-ya Divizyia Beregovoy Oborony"
}
}
landunit = {
id = { type = 30151 id = 106 }
name = "7-ya Beregovaya Okhrana"
location = 270
division = {
type = garrison
model = 6
id = { type = 30154 id = 455 }
name = "7-ya Divizyia Beregovoy Oborony"
}
}
landunit = {
id = { type = 30151 id = 107 }
name = "4-y Gvardyeiskiy korpus Dalnevostochnogo Poberezhya"
location = 1189
division = {
type = garrison
model = 6
id = { type = 30154 id = 469 }
name = "4-ya Dalnevostochnaya Gvard. Div. Beregovoy Oborony"

Last edited:
1) incorrect
airunit = {
location = 195
base = 195
id = { type = 30153 id = 2 }
name = "5-i Napadenie Aviatsionnyi Korpus"
division = {
experience = 25
id = { type = 30156 id = 3 }
name = "4.LSHABR"
strength = 100
type = cas
model = 5

correct
airunit = {
location = 195
base = 195
id = { type = 30153 id = 2 }
name = "5-y Shturmovoy Aviatsionnyi Korpus"
division = {
experience = 25
id = { type = 30156 id = 3 }
name = "4.LSHABR"
strength = 100
type = cas
model = 5

2) incorrect
}
airunit = {
location = 626
base = 626
id = { type = 30153 id = 10 }
name = "4-i Perekhvatchik Aviatsionnyi Korpus"
division = {
experience = 25
id = { type = 30156 id = 23 }
name = "294.IABR"
strength = 100
type = interceptor
model = 18

correct
}
airunit = {
location = 626
base = 626
name = "4-y Aviatsionnyi Korpus PVO"
division = {
experience = 25
name = "294.IABR"
strength = 100
type = interceptor
model = 18

or second correct option

}
airunit = {
location = 626
base = 626
name = "4-y Istrebitel'nyi Aviatsionnyi Korpus"
division = {
experience = 25
name = "294.IABR"
strength = 100
type = interceptor
model = 18

Last edited:
ScreenSave1.JPG

1st: I'm not sure what that thing on the image wants to be. Maybe a strange kite?
2nd: Why is there a swastika on a Hungarian aircraft?
3rd: Why is there a swastika on a communist aircraft?

Non-visible:

1st: Why does the airforce have so good armour research specialities?
2nd: Why doesn't the airforce have proper aircraft research specialities?
3rd: Why do the special characters look like that? They are perfectly normal in DH Full.