• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do you require help with this mod still? i have a few ideas I'd like to try and implement which i think would add some flavor to the mod.

I have up to date tech teams for western European nations more fitting with the 50s and some events to represent decolonization, disarmament and economic recovery. I made them for the previous version then stopped following the mod, thought it was dead.

Do you require help with this mod still? i have a few ideas I'd like to try and implement which i think would add some flavor to the mod.

I have up to date tech teams for western European nations more fitting with the 50s and some events to represent decolonization, disarmament and economic recovery. I made them for the previous version then stopped following the mod, thought it was dead.

wolvoneil, I'm always looking for help, it's hard to single-handedly take care of everything :) Maybe I wasn't the most inviting modder in the DH's world because I started with a very specific idea of the mod and feared that the development would be hindered by prolonged discussion how to implement this and that. I see many mods relaying tasks to interested people from the post no 1, my approach was different. But since most of the work is slowly coming to an end, I hope that more lively cooperation is possible :)

Tech teams are surely always a great addition and I'll be happy to include them. As for disarmament I'm extremely interested what did you come up with, as I plan to have demobilization events sometimes around 2.0 version mark but I have nothing done yet. Maybe you save me a lot of concept work.

As you may know, decolonization and economic recovery events are already in but I'm interested in your events anyway, there's always a possibility to change something. Especially in case of economic events, the postwar timeline could use a couple of generic decisions for example.

OK, it's time for the next version! :)

First of all, FCZP, I wasn't able lately to respond in full to your posts but at last I finished going through the archive you posted and want to thank you for your helpful additions! It took me some time to properly include your input in the mod but I didn't want to lose anything in the process. I hope that now the mod includes all the additions you wanted to make.

You already know my usual reply but I feel compelled to reiterate: no, I didn't remove any pre-1945 techteams, leaders and ministers, I want the mod to remain fully playable from any timeline startpoint. I hope that as soon as DH 1.03 is released any potential misgivings coming from retaining pre-1945 entries in the mod will be fixed so we'll have a win-win situation.

Below is the changelog excerpt; I'm really satisfied to clear out my outstanding bugs list further:

Code:
[x] Korean War drastically redone and rebalanced
[+] added Soviet ministers, as provided by FCZP
[x] If USA decides not to continue war with Communist China in Taiwan Strait Crisis, peace should apply to all Allies (reported by Viden)
[+] added a flavor event for the project of Avro CF-105 Arrow interceptor for Canada (suggested by KaiserMuffin)
[x] Allied and Soviet zones of occupation in Germany should now give access to the occupying powers immediately after their formation (reported by DeSpinoza)
[+] added an event for Hitler's suicide and formation of Flensburg government within Der Untergang event chain
[x] A Soviet player may now choose not to release puppet countries after victory in Europe, at the cost of a massive dissent/belligerence hit (reported by Akaki)
[+] USSR now has an event to decide Polish post-war western borders out of 4 options (with historical one having 96% chance)
[x] there's no longer an obligation for a British player to release Burma (but a yearly hit of dissent is perpetually made, reported by Napalm Eddie)
[x] every nation declaring war on Israel in 1948 leaves its alliance which should ensure that Israel doesn't have to fight the Allies (reported by Kurfürst)
[x] filled in missing Land Doctrine techs from tech setups in 1945 and 1950 scenarios (reported by Fernando Torres)
[x] an event chain to transfer Eritrea to Ethiopia in early 1950s now should fire properly (reported by Kurfürst) 
[x] fixed a bug making France annex British Raj and become Algeria (reported by Andrey1984)
[x] Mongolia no longer has a core province in central China (reported by Kurfürst)
[x] corrected military access entries in 1945/1950 scenarios so they are given in a correct direction (reported by Kennely)
[x] no longer most countries leave and shortly rejoin NATO in 1950 scenario (reported by Hyo)
[x] added a special exclusion so that USA won't jump into Indonesian National Revolution backing the Dutch (reported by Kennelly)
[x] updated history of events for 1945 and 1950 scenarios
[x] other small additions and changes

I'll be uploading the mod and updating the first post in about an hour.

In general, a big change this time is Korean War. I'm not sure everyone will like how it's handled on the first sight but I feel it's the best possible approach. In short, the war depends heavily on events (and interventions from abroad) even if there is a real war fought by two countries' divisions. Events are responsible for huge changes in morale and organization of the armies (I mean, huge) which allows for historical fluidity of the conflict, even if it looks a bit controversial. Still, I believe that it allows a) AI to behave historically, b) both Koreas having their narrow window of chance to decisively win the war before it gets to a stalemate phase. I may do some smaller fixes in further versions, especially will see how does the war look from the player's perspective (currently I believe it may be a bit too easy for human player to manipulate the mechanism).

The atomic bomb twist is absent from the war; I'll give it some thought when generally rethinking WW3 in 1.9.x.

To give you some short insight, I may publish some small 1.8.8 bugfix release in next week and then I plan to work on 1.9.0, to be published by the end of the month. The next versions will see coming of the next scenarios (1953, 1956, 1959), balancing and improving WW3, WW3 surrender events and some smaller additions.

Generally, I suspect I'll be able to give the mod some more time from now on. So sooner or later some suggestions (things like post-war lives of German refugees, Vietnam War, Sino-Indian War) will be included. The same about bugfixes. Still, it's possible that in the last few hectic weeks I overlooked some feedback. If you feel that some problem wasn't fixed for long enough, bear with me and please remind me of this :)

Hurrah! But USA doesn't go around bombing Israel into oblivion anymore. That'll be sorely missed.

Now where else do we have where we can blast some bastards into the stone age... Actually, there's still DEI I think. Is that stuff made so it leaves alliance too or do we get to watch for some more hot action? (Literally!)

I will see what this new version contains and then add some of my events and tech teams and see how they fit.

I have event chains for Western Europe concerning the Marshall Plan providing boosts to infrastructure and ic. I also have flavor events for the UK such as post war immigration from the empire to Britain, settling of POW's from Germany and Italy and displaced civilians from eastern Europe in the West.

I have also tried to reflect the size of the armed forces of the allies in the 1950's campaigns more accurately by removing a lot of the leftover WW2 units that are still in there. In terms of disarmament it mostly consists of events dismantling the Wartime militaries of the USA, Canada, Australia but especially the UK between 48 and 57, events involving the sale of light aircraft carriers to allied nations, scrapping obsolete units and the various defence papers transitioning the British army to a completely professional force.

I will see what i can fit in to pad out the postwar time frame with some generic events without being repetitive

p.s. All of the additions i have made are to the 50's+ scenarios as back when i did them these scenarios were a little rough

Last edited:
Hurrah! But USA doesn't go around bombing Israel into oblivion anymore. That'll be sorely missed.

Now where else do we have where we can blast some bastards into the stone age... Actually, there's still DEI I think. Is that stuff made so it leaves alliance too or do we get to watch for some more hot action? (Literally!)

Or, nuking rebel nations that form from the British Commonwealth (i.e. Jamaica). :cool:

For some reason playing as the Soviets in the 36 campaign it worked fine but then when I tried to load my save game I get an error message that says something like "ship repair line missing" and asks me if I want to try again or abort or ignore, any idea what could cause that?

I think Stalin's successors should be more varied. Molotov was seen by most to be his successor, but Kruschev politically outmaneuvered him. Molotov should be a possible successor.

For some reason playing as the Soviets in the 36 campaign it worked fine but then when I tried to load my save game I get an error message that says something like "ship repair line missing" and asks me if I want to try again or abort or ignore, any idea what could cause that?

I'm having the same problem.

Last edited:
Again some scenario setup feedback:

1945:
Cambodia+Lebanon have Military Access through France, but not vice versa.

Playing SOV when you create Renner's Austria you don't get Military Access and all your troops in Austria get redeployed to Moscow.

1950:
Dutch New Guinea should be a puppet of Netherlands.
Somalia, Libya, Sarawak and Malaya should all be United Kingdom puppets, if they should exist at all. I think Libya and Somalia shouldn't, Malaya yes, Sarawak not sure.

USA CoS should be Omar Bradley, CoA J. Lawton Collins.
USA minister James Forrestal should be slept (died 1949).

I was playing as the US and Iran went to war with a newly liberated Kurdistan. Shortly after the "protecting our sphere of influence" event popped up and I chose not to intervene then it popped up again, and again, and again. Is this a bug or is this meant to happen?

if you are unable to load you savegame you must change the soviet tech team:

30116;"Shiprepair DVZ ""Zvezda"""; [...]

into

30116;"Shiprepair DVZ Zvezda"; [...]

then it should work.

dh/mods/nwo/scenarios/save games/your save
then search for 30116;"Shiprepair DVZ ""Zvezda""" and change it

for a new game: dh/mods/nwo/db/tech/teams/tech_sov

dh/mods/nwo/scenarios/save games/your save

for a new game: dh/mods/nwo/db/tech/teams/tech_sov

Thanks! I really didn't consider it may be something with the mod.

I was playing as the US and Iran went to war with a newly liberated Kurdistan. Shortly after the "protecting our sphere of influence" event popped up and I chose not to intervene then it popped up again, and again, and again. Is this a bug or is this meant to happen?

A crucial thing and a gem of a bug report! ;) Choosing not to intervene should make a guarantee effectively end which will stop the event from happening. I'll post a hotfix today soon and include it in the next version.

The transfer of Eritrea to Ethiopia still doesn't happen, even after I allow commission and the major powers veto the resolution. Should the porvinces be ceded after those two events fire?

I thought that the error was that the first event did not appear at all, at least this is how it occurred to me. If those events up to and including vote in the UN indeed fire, there's little more to happen than an event to give those provinces to Ethiopia and shorty after that, give them some dissent. I'll check that.

you said there is a event where soviets can decide which border poland should have in the west....
when does this fire? Also in 45 scenario?