• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
when i start the 1953 campaign as Federal Germany, the game just freezes. what could this be caused by?
Also, how is Federal Germany formed in the 1945 campain from the Allied occupied zone?
Thanks for any answers :)

Small question about a potential bug, my puppets as the USSR keeps on making peace after i invade the allied parts of Europe, i find this slightly annoying since i have been looking forward to WW III ever since i started in 1933. Is there any way o solve this problem?

Bizon
add new ministers for USSR:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anastas_Mikoyan
avaliable as Head of Goverment in 1953-65, Armaments minister in 1938-55 and Foreign minister in 53-64

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolai_Tikhonov
avaliable as Head of Goverment in 1965-85 and Armaments minister in 1955-85

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Pervukhin
Head of Goverment and Armaments minister

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexei_Kosygin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maksim_Saburov

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Kuzmin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgy_Malenkov
add as Armaments minister

and new events for post-war USSR:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leningrad_Affair
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Anti-Fascist_Committee
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deportation_of_Azerbaijanis_from_Armenia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960_U-2_incident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalina_affair
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internal_Troops
http://www.russianspaceweb.com/a4_team_moscow.html

Last edited:
Ah yes, the Leningrad affair and the Doctor's plot. Stalin's last legacies before he died; although he didn't quite finish the latter.

I agree that they should be in the mod, as they were basically post-war's '37.

when i start the 1953 campaign as Federal Germany, the game just freezes. what could this be caused by?
Also, how is Federal Germany formed in the 1945 campain from the Allied occupied zone?
Thanks for any answers :)

Sounds bad, I'll look into this. Although, mind this, 1953 scenario was released prematurely, by mistake, and if earlier scenarios were tested hastily and many problems slipped through, that scenario hasn't been tested at all.

For 1945 scenario there is a set of events, happening in late 1946, simulating introduction of reformed German currency and the following Berlin blockade and airlift. If both countries play it peacefully (the Western Allies decide not to push the subject of currency reform or USSR agrees to this) there is a chance that the Allied occupation zone annexes Soviet occupation zone, moves its capital to Berlin, leaves the alliance and forms and isolationist united Germany in a way similar to what Austria did. If superpowers choose the rough way of handling this, then both countries will form (along the way, the WW3 may fire or Berlin may be successfully united by the Soviets) in 1949 by means of events.

Small question about a potential bug, my puppets as the USSR keeps on making peace after i invade the allied parts of Europe, i find this slightly annoying since i have been looking forward to WW III ever since i started in 1933. Is there any way o solve this problem?

It shouldn't happen in the last version, do you use 1.8.5 release? You may have overlooked the release, I forgot to change the latest version number :eek:hmy:

Thanks, I should have plenty of time for this around 20th June, I'll add it to the mod then.

Also a couple of points to consider:
-The Saar does not get annexed by Germany, the event fires, but it does not get annexed by Germany.
-Israel is way too strong at the moment, easily stomping it's neighbors. I know Israel was stronger, but not by that much, not in 1948.
-Sri Lanka does not turn into a Dominion after the events for Indian and Pakistani independence. Is that correct?
-Malaysia also never gets independent in my games.
-The Eritrea event fires somewhere around 1951, I think, but it does not get independent.
-Congo definitely should get independence, at the moment there are no events for Congo independence. Also at the moment, Belgium has got cores over Congo, that should change, since they really left the moment the Congo independence movement got up and running.
-In my game the 1950 scenario reezes.
-The Congo-Brazeville independence is also not working when the event fires.
-And what about Niger, Nigeria etc. who al got independence between 1960 and the end of the mod's timeline(1963).

I know a lot of points, but these are minor points to smooth the game. These minor points apart, I really think this is a good mod.

Ah yes, the Leningrad affair and the Doctor's plot. Stalin's last legacies before he died; although he didn't quite finish the latter.

I agree that they should be in the mod, as they were basically post-war's '37.

For sure. It didn't originally make it through to the mod because it didn't have such obvious and profound effect on the military as the purge of 1937 and it's a war game after all. But the event is notable enough to be included.

Also a couple of points to consider:
-The Saar does not get annexed by Germany, the event fires, but it does not get annexed by Germany.
-Israel is way too strong at the moment, easily stomping it's neighbors. I know Israel was stronger, but not by that much, not in 1948.
-Sri Lanka does not turn into a Dominion after the events for Indian and Pakistani independence. Is that correct?
-Malaysia also never gets independent in my games.
-The Eritrea event fires somewhere around 1951, I think, but it does not get independent.
-Congo definitely should get independence, at the moment there are no events for Congo independence. Also at the moment, Belgium has got cores over Congo, that should change, since they really left the moment the Congo independence movement got up and running.
-In my game the 1950 scenario reezes.
-The Congo-Brazeville independence is also not working when the event fires.
-And what about Niger, Nigeria etc. who al got independence between 1960 and the end of the mod's timeline(1963).

I know a lot of points, but these are minor points to smooth the game. These minor points apart, I really think this is a good mod.

Yeah, yesterday I reviewed once again my todo list of bugs and a couple of your points appear in the beginning, meaning they are most bugging, persistent issues (not necessarily that they are difficult to solve :) ) I promised myself to concentrate more and more on solving reported issues. Hard to believe, but there isn't too much of new features still to be prepared before 2.0 version, mostly WW3 stuff.

Israel was always a difficult thing because making it even a bit weaker means a big risk of all those neighbors, weak by themselves, crushing them in their coordinated effort. I already came up with an idea of giving Israel garrison units, letting them defend better but stopping them from having a Middle East Blitzkrieg. So I'll probably take a step further in this direction.

Saar Protectorate, though, is basically a disgrace for me :) I supposed some mysterious bug here, like CtD with United Arab Republic creation (I still haven't reactivated these events), but simply there isn't any "inherit" command in these events providing for annexation.

About Malaysia: I'm pretty sure about this one things, that it works, because I saw Malaya get independent several times. Or do you mean unification of Sarawak and Malaya in 1963? This may not work, I usually test the game up to the middle of 1950s, and find something unsatisfying, correct it, and start the game anew :)

About Eritrea: they shouldn't get independent at all. Do you mean that they aren't taken over by Ethiopia, as they should?

I'm not sure about Sri Lanka (it used to remain a British puppet and I changed that). It was a British dominion until 1972 but I'm not sure if it warrants an automatic puppet status. I'll think about it.

For sure. It didn't originally make it through to the mod because it didn't have such obvious and profound effect on the military as the purge of 1937 and it's a war game after all. But the event is notable enough to be included.

Yeah, yesterday I reviewed once again my todo list of bugs and a couple of your points appear in the beginning, meaning they are most bugging, persistent issues (not necessarily that they are difficult to solve :) ) I promised myself to concentrate more and more on solving reported issues. Hard to believe, but there isn't too much of new features still to be prepared before 2.0 version, mostly WW3 stuff.

Israel was always a difficult thing because making it even a bit weaker means a big risk of all those neighbors, weak by themselves, crushing them in their coordinated effort. I already came up with an idea of giving Israel garrison units, letting them defend better but stopping them from having a Middle East Blitzkrieg. So I'll probably take a step further in this direction.

Saar Protectorate, though, is basically a disgrace for me :) I supposed some mysterious bug here, like CtD with United Arab Republic creation (I still haven't reactivated these events), but simply there isn't any "inherit" command in these events providing for annexation.

About Malaysia: I'm pretty sure about this one things, that it works, because I saw Malaya get independent several times. Or do you mean unification of Sarawak and Malaya in 1963? This may not work, I usually test the game up to the middle of 1950s, and find something unsatisfying, correct it, and start the game anew :)

About Eritrea: they shouldn't get independent at all. Do you mean that they aren't taken over by Ethiopia, as they should?

I'm not sure about Sri Lanka (it used to remain a British puppet and I changed that). It was a British dominion until 1972 but I'm not sure if it warrants an automatic puppet status. I'll think about it.

Malaysia does not get independent in any of my games. Sarawak is, but not Malaysia. With Eritra it is indeed the latter. Will Congolese independence be included in a future release?

I had an early WWIII in 1946 through the Iran events, however a few weeks into the war France is annexed by the soviet occupation zone with none of its provinces occupied. Is this because of the mod or just a freak accident?

Also are there any events for a victorious Germany in WWII or is it just for cannon?

I've also encountered the following bugs/glitches etc in my games regarding events:

-The Abadan Crisis does not fire in any of my games. Does this require domestic sliders to trigger this event chain?

-Sudan should be independent in the mid fifties, but at the moment the UK does not release them. Are there events for Sudanese independence?

-Cuba does not turn communist, even if the attacks and rebellion by Castro succeeds. Also no events for the liberal government replacing Batista's happens. They stay Paternal Autocrat.

-Not a bug/glitch or whatever, but will you include events for the Hungarian Revolution?

-You've said before that you are thinking whether to extend the timeline. IMHO, you really should, the sixties where a chaotic and tense time, including many events that happened during the mid and late sixties(Vietnam War, Prague Spring, etc.)

Sorry for another rant.

So, Bizon, any news on that annoying forced peace bug? Have you found the source?

I thought I found the source and corrected it in the last version, removing all the limited wars events. Now I see it seemingly didn't correct the issue. I'll sit in front of the game today and if I find the culprit, I post a hotfix.

Malaysia does not get independent in any of my games. Sarawak is, but not Malaysia. With Eritra it is indeed the latter. Will Congolese independence be included in a future release?

OK, it's possibly a silly bug akin to the one in Saar inheritance. I'll check it.

Any chance that savegames from 1.8.4 is compatible with 1.8.5?

Well, as always the mod version are *mostly* savegame compatible. I think you may safely proceed with your save.

I had an early WWIII in 1946 through the Iran events, however a few weeks into the war France is annexed by the soviet occupation zone with none of its provinces occupied. Is this because of the mod or just a freak accident?

Also are there any events for a victorious Germany in WWII or is it just for cannon?

Freaky. When I'm at home I'll check if VP data is properly read by the game, a possible culprit is that VPs are not read and France has its capital set for some weird province. I can't recall any event that could have such an outcome, even if due to a bug.

No, the victorious Germany won't have any special cool events for post-WW2 timeline.

I've also encountered the following bugs/glitches etc in my games regarding events:

-The Abadan Crisis does not fire in any of my games. Does this require domestic sliders to trigger this event chain?

-Sudan should be independent in the mid fifties, but at the moment the UK does not release them. Are there events for Sudanese independence?

-Cuba does not turn communist, even if the attacks and rebellion by Castro succeeds. Also no events for the liberal government replacing Batista's happens. They stay Paternal Autocrat.

-Not a bug/glitch or whatever, but will you include events for the Hungarian Revolution?

-You've said before that you are thinking whether to extend the timeline. IMHO, you really should, the sixties where a chaotic and tense time, including many events that happened during the mid and late sixties(Vietnam War, Prague Spring, etc.)

Sorry for another rant.

:)

1. For Abadan Crisis event chain to pull off, Mossadegh has to be a PM of Iran. And I'm almost sure, having a glance at the event, that he's defined by an old ID number. Thanks!
2. Sudan should receive its independence in 1956 and the event seems OK. The province ID for Khartoum also is OK. I'll write it down to check it further in a handsoff game.
3. I've already lowered the prerequisite for Castro to win the revolution but frankly I didn't have time to test the game well into late 1950s. I'll take a look at this event chain again and possibly invent some alternative way of getting Castro come to power; currently I suspect Cuba of focusing 100% on burning dissent down which allows Batista to stay in power.
4. Yeah, I have them planned for the very next version.
5. I agree but if you followed the thread lately, there are quite many bugs and shortcomings of the mod that I need to correct ASAP. Also, I though that I will have more free time starting in June while really I can't find spare time to take care of the mod properly. The things are slowly going forward but I hoped to be a couple of releases further by this point.

I thought I found the source and corrected it in the last version, removing all the limited wars events. Now I see it seemingly didn't correct the issue. I'll sit in front of the game today and if I find the culprit, I post a hotfix.
Ah, the limited wars were deleted already? My bad, I must have missed the notification.
Haven't played the very latest version, so I don't actually know if the problem persist, sorry
Will try it out soon.

Ah, the limited wars were deleted already? My bad, I must have missed the notification.
Haven't played the very latest version, so I don't actually know if the problem persist, sorry
Will try it out soon.

Yeah, I'm very interested if my latest changes brought the intended solution. It's partly my fault because after the last release I forgot to change the "latest version" caption so some of you may have missed this.

I've also found out why the 1950 scenario freezes, in the allied participants the tag for Iceland is wrong, it should be ICL, instead of the ICE tag which is used now.

Aaah, it's surely me, I often get this tag wrong. ICL should be a no-brainer but ICE is mysteriously stuck in my mind, probably because it suits well for the cold northernly island. And I never know which one is good without looking this up.

Ouch, I recreated Soviet Occupation Zone annexing France. It is veeery wrong! :) Well, I'll be working on it, I see no obvious solution at this moment.

EDIT: OK, got it. It's a Peace in Our Time event chain. The fact that it's either Soviet Union or Soviet Occupation Zone doing the annexation, hinted me that the trigger is occupation of Berlin and narrowed down the search close enough.

I'll be putting a hotfix live before going to sleep ;)

EDIT2: Hotfix is there, downloadable from the first post (or here). It's very small, you only have to copy the files to the mod's folder and replace the files.

I checked the problem reported with Abadan Crisis events not firing and it seems that Mossadeq's ID is ok, maybe it's something else.

And at last, how about instant peace breaking up WW3? Does it happen with the latest version? I cannot vow that the problem is indeed 100% solved but for sure I made some steps to prevent it.

Last edited:
1950 scenario:Several Military Access entries are coded the wrong direction, so USA grants MA to S. Korea, W. Germany, but not the other way around, so US troops in Korea+Germany are immediately redeployed. Same problem for USSR/Communist Germany and France/Lebanon.

Also Libya should still be a UK puppet at gamestart, as well as Oman, Malaya and Sarawak. Bhutan should probably be a puppet of India, no longer the British.

1945 scenario: UK minister Roger Backhouse should be slept, died in 1939.