• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
For some reason I can't delcare war.
I declare a war, then a few days later we are at peace again.

The fuck?

Edit: Apparently the puppet state of Indonesia (I am the USSR, got the whole of asia stalinised, if that is even a word) sues for peace the moment the war begins.
Is there a way to fix this bug?

Last edited:
Thanks Kurfürst a lot for your points, I'll be working on all the fixes in this week.

As for the limited wars... I indeed have a problem of getting around the problem of countries making separate peaces which somehow affect the whole alliances. Toiling with the British/American surrender issues I am almost 100% sure that something is not right with how it is handled by the game but I'll make some check before pointing fingers.

For now, to minimize potential problems I can dispose of all limited war events so:
- colonial wars, if they happen, will be global;
- Greece will leave Western Allies for the time of the Civil War and rejoin later.

I'll surely fiddle with AI settings as well, playing with "war" modifiers and "ferocity" setting.

And I'll have it within a week so the mod should be more playable again.

There is a problem with the Soviet surrender event chain . After Germany has destroyed them, the event chain occurs but Germany and whatever comes after the Soviet Union remain at war. Furthermore, they remain at war
but with a non-aggression pact, so there are no hostilities. Additionally, the conquered soviet territories are still considered to be a part of the new Russian state, or whatever may come out of the "peace."

For now, to minimize potential problems I can dispose of all limited war events so:
- colonial wars, if they happen, will be global;
- Greece will leave Western Allies for the time of the Civil War and rejoin later.

I've been saying this since NWO 1.0: just have the colonial power leave the alliance their in with an event at the start of the war, and at the conclusion have another that puts them back in.

I've been saying this since NWO 1.0: just have the colonial power leave the alliance their in with an event at the start of the war, and at the conclusion have another that puts them back in.

What he said, I've played a mod in the past that did this, I think it was either TRP, Mod 33, or WIF, and it worked perfectly.

I think I overlooked this particular suggestion :) But I was probably too stubborn and proud of my intricate machinations with limited wars that were *meant* to work.

hi, first i must aknowledge that a great work has been made here, this is the most interesting mod around

one question: i am playing the 1950 scenario up to 1953 as communist china, but the soviets aren't building anything except nuclear reactor
especially not a single ship, despite in the coldwar the red navy was the second in the world
they have all the carrier tech except nuclear carrier
is it normal? the AI is forced to not build any ship? or they will do it later?

Just built a ballistic missile sub and realized, I don't think you can put nukes on them yet. Is that so?

Hi!

It seems to be a great mod. So can I start with the 1936 scenario and play it up to 1964 or even 2000 with the changes of the mod?

Bizon, just thinking, if you want to stop countries building tons of units at peace, so the mod could hypothetically go to the late 20th century, how adding an effect to the "Peace time Economy" event, which increases the supply cost of all units? then national army size would be limited by IC (the problem right now is that since air units take almost 0 manpower, the AI can spam them even at low mobilization levels).

Hi!

It seems to be a great mod. So can I start with the 1936 scenario and play it up to 1964 or even 2000 with the changes of the mod?
Only until 1964 - certain bits and pieces break after that date as Bizon hasn't got around to fixing them i.e. death dates etc, although economic/resource change events go up to 2000.

Bizon, just thinking, if you want to stop countries building tons of units at peace, so the mod could hypothetically go to the late 20th century, how adding an effect to the "Peace time Economy" event, which increases the supply cost of all units? then national army size would be limited by IC (the problem right now is that since air units take almost 0 manpower, the AI can spam them even at low mobilization levels).

hi, first i must aknowledge that a great work has been made here, this is the most interesting mod around

one question: i am playing the 1950 scenario up to 1953 as communist china, but the soviets aren't building anything except nuclear reactor
especially not a single ship, despite in the coldwar the red navy was the second in the world
they have all the carrier tech except nuclear carrier
is it normal? the AI is forced to not build any ship? or they will do it later?

I didn't think about playing with supply costs. Well, I do have a bit of a problem what countries should do exactly in peacetime. In 1.6.x I let AI invest into IC and buildings but I got reports that after a couple of years IC levels get crazy high. So they build units (Soviets have no preference for ships specified in their AI file to build them but I won't be tackling that yet). I'll want to come up with some general resolution for this in 1.9.x when I aim to balance out WW3. I'll probably combine:
- giving peacetime modifiers, like I do now
- making supplycosts higher
- deleting units for countries that go noticeably over the calculated supply limit.

So that armies for most countries would stay the same (being modernized of course) and only changes in IC would make them change army sizes. The other countries starting small (Communist China, India, various revolters) would catch up in the meantime. But for now it's a vague idea, I didn't code any events set for this yet.

I didn't think about playing with supply costs. Well, I do have a bit of a problem what countries should do exactly in peacetime. In 1.6.x I let AI invest into IC and buildings but I got reports that after a couple of years IC levels get crazy high. So they build units (Soviets have no preference for ships specified in their AI file to build them but I won't be tackling that yet). I'll want to come up with some general resolution for this in 1.9.x when I aim to balance out WW3. I'll probably combine:
- giving peacetime modifiers, like I do now
- making supplycosts higher
- deleting units for countries that go noticeably over the calculated supply limit.

So that armies for most countries would stay the same (being modernized of course) and only changes in IC would make them change army sizes. The other countries starting small (Communist China, India, various revolters) would catch up in the meantime. But for now it's a vague idea, I didn't code any events set for this yet.

I wonder if you could base the standing army on the size of the population? I don't know how you'd do this though. You could also assign different countries to all of us, your devoted fans of the mod, and we could do some research into a rough estimate of what each countries either population size or military size was at different periods of time. If you look at the military's growth every 10 years or so you could work out an average growth rate. This info could be helpful? Maybe? :)

If you want a good documentary tv series on Chinese Nuclear Weapons development and research during the cold war (from the Chinese perspective), I recommend Hong Qi Piao Piao which I am currently watching.

It also has stuff like Korean War, Artillery shelling of Jinmen, and names of researchers for TT.

I wonder if you could base the standing army on the size of the population? I don't know how you'd do this though. You could also assign different countries to all of us, your devoted fans of the mod, and we could do some research into a rough estimate of what each countries either population size or military size was at different periods of time. If you look at the military's growth every 10 years or so you could work out an average growth rate. This info could be helpful? Maybe? :)

i'm up for that. Chuck one at me Bizon if you are to :)

I also like Timmie's idea, AA,Airports and sea Ports should be invested into, but don't forget infrastructure, the cold war years were full of domestic expansion, or at least in Europe and the USA it was :)