• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just kick the Greece out of your alliance, how hard is that. The bug was already discussed before. No fix yet. It's the same as a number of other forced white peace situations that happen due to limited war implementation.

My apologies for not reading the whole post. I was however describing my experiences with a full game in order to help the developer out. And I attempted to kick the Greeks out, however the action was greyed out and when I hovered over it said the decision was not available.

I have played a few HoI games in my time. :)

I am playing a game as the USSR at the 1945 start date. Italy went Communist, no thanks to me :(, in about 1952. They still are in an alliance with the US and UK. This seems strange to me. They also have a -83 relationship with me which also is weird for a Communist country.

Also, will you be making an event/decision for the creation of NATO and the Warsaw Pact in the future?

Obviously CIA didn't care to intervene in deGaspari's favour...

I really feel I have a lot to offer this mod. I'll code some events at some point, I promise. KK Bizon?

1st game as USSR in summary:
1. Helped out Communist China by allying with them to crush the Nationalists.
Standard
2. Lost North Korea, but I didn't have much ability to affect it outside of outright war. China didn't seem to do much either. War took about 6 months.
Agreed, this needs work
3. Held on to territory in Iran and created Kurdistan and stood by them. The US did not declare war.
Needs fixing, though Iran was primarily a british project until the ascendancy of Mossadegh
4. Did not do De-Stalinification. I was trying to play a hardcore Soviet Union and convert nations to my cause. I was unable to get any nations into Comintern despite 200+ relations with Leftist countries.
How exactly does that work. Just literally provide me with a sort of benefit of not De-stalinising? Have you seen North Korea?... De-Stalinisation saved the SU from going down the shitter in 1960's
5. Tried to invade Iran but peace was immediately declared, seemingly by Communist Greece.
Deff a bug. Next time, stay out of Greece? Lol, bad leftist, violating Truman Doctrine
6. Invaded Taiwan. WW3 began within a few days but was immediately stopped, again seemingly by Greece. I was able to continue the war in Taiwan. Used a nuke to help my attack, without a peep of protest from the world (not that it would have stopped me). The only downside to nuke use seems to be loss of resources and industry in territory.
Sounds like events RE: nukes need implementing, not sure how to do it tho
7. The US declared war on me 3 times during Taiwan campaign and each time peace was immediately declared.
All hail the mighty peacemakers of Greece
8. Since it seems that I can't get into a war with the US for any reason, the tension of the game has gone. Also, since I don't know what countries I can and can't declare war on without Greece "intervening" it seems pointless to play any further.
Etcetc.
I'm going to start a game as the UK now, and try to hold onto as much of my empire as I can! All the while standing up to the Soviet pigs. :)

I had a good laugh when I got bored and munch UK puppet Jordan in 1948. I was prepping to maul Egypt when suddenly 40 divisions of brits land in Tel Aviv! XD

Man I really hate it when after a month, or less the USSR declares war on the US. (Maybe I should change the aggresiveness aggressiveness is to high or something.) :)

Can't wait for the next patch though.

You're sure that it happens as a pure DoW, not caused by any events? (No events have their ai_chances set so high that they cause so regular DoWs) Who declares war on whom? Theoretically, a lively AI that *occasionally* makes some strategic decision outside of what is scripted is good but it doesn't look right. Does anyone else has this problem? I can alter Soviet and American AI to be a bit more reluctant to do that. Although if you plan on highest aggressiveness setting that's probably normal.

this is probably the only mod seeing real progress

Hey, you do disfavor to all the MotM award winners ;) After playing Kaiserreich with National France, Mongolia and leading world revolution with Soviet Republic I can only recommend you taking a look.

MAJOR BUG!
I was playing the 1945 scenario as UK, the Korean war had just happened and America went with full intervention and this started a war with the USSR(that was ok). Then about 3 days into the war communist Germany annexes France, Greece, turkey, Norway and Denmark. I was like WTF?! no territory had changed hands yet...

:O I can't even think of event that could malfunction so bad to cause this (there used to be a glitch with Der Untergang introductory event that fired after 1945 but now all of those events are switched off in a postwar game. I'll be trying to reproduce that on nearest occasion (in the weekend).

As for the other posts, I'll spend tomorrow 7 hours in train with nothing good to do so I'll respond in length to all the other points. I see that mod grows in size and more and more people are playing it so the size of feedback grows accordingly :)

KaiserMuffin, cool to see you willing to contribute to the mod (and helping me in replying to posts ;) ). When you have some ideas or already coded events, let me know.

So going to try this mod for the first time, what interesting nation do you suggest(the more events the better) besides the two superpowers ?

Last edited:
Well, the late startdate for Finnish surrender events was done on purpose because I wanted to simulate the fact that in case of quick and easy thrust into Finland, (pre-1944) the USSR wouldn't bother with separate peace. It was difficulty of waging war in Finland (well remembered from 1939/1940 Winter War) and promise of the Finns helping out to defeat Germans in Lapland (I actually probably should make Finland DoW Germany) that made Soviets not willing to push any further.

Probably it's too easy for the Soviets to advance far in the north so the war ends prematurely (pre-1944). So I can push the date a bit back.

Until now, I concentrated purely on 1945+ timeline and that's the idea of the mod. But as in NWO1 there are a couple of things making way to the mod:
- all surrender events of WW2, also additionally a surrender event chain for early WW2 end (before USSR gets involved)
- Warsaw Uprising with very thin chance of getting a democratic Poland place
- Tito Uprising with a major chance of getting a communist Yugoslavia, independent of USSR
- early resolution of Japanese invasion into China

- boosting chances of Communist China in their struggle against Chiang and Japan
- perhaps getting AI fixed to allow better resolution of war in the Pacific.

Some of those things are planned for 1.8-1.9 releases and the last thing (I'd be crowned king for achieving this :p ) is a thing for later phase but WW2 is also getting some, if little, love.

About freezes, I don't know, it shouldn't happen, does it happen with other mods? There may be a freezes couple of seconds long with surrender events but there's huge number of things going on in the background, especially independence command which in my experience take bigger burden on the game than annexations.

Please, do you have time and desire to create a mod, or you can help me to find a person
or a team for create a new mod ?
One idea under discussion......
Options:Hitler is death in the end of August 1939.
Nazi-leader ist arrestet and guilty, death by hänging.
Austria and tschecheslowakia is Germany. Negotiations with Poland and Alli on the
"Korridor and Danzig". End the Mollotov-Ribbentrop-Pact.
SS is Spezial-Unit under the Armed-Forces and germany FBI.
Germany wants to axis with USA, germany policy is technocracy and semi-dictatorship.
Diplomatic offensive to USA and Argentina.
Germany further promotes: economic and business promotion "Economic miracle"
Germany Future Technologie: Quantum-Gravity, genom-research, food-dynamics and
stealth-technology, missile-technology. ( a la space race).
Germany prohibits racial discrimination and bans "concentrations-camps"
German polici is technocracy and semi-dictatorship. Germany-Leader asks Albert Einstein
and other people of his Religion to return to Germany and pay compensation.
View attachment 54393

Ok, I'm done. Com. Greece forcing peace upon entire alliance - fine, Yugoslavia gets Greece and we move on. Madagascar forcing peace upon entire alliance - m'kay, ban from alliance. But India?! I'm at peace with everyone seconds after I liberate India! Screw this, I'm installing Diablo 3.

So going to try this mod for the first time, what interesting nation do you suggest(the more events the better) besides the two superpowers ?

Israel! Although they get liberated in '48 usually..

Ok, I'm done. Com. Greece forcing peace upon entire alliance - fine, Yugoslavia gets Greece and we move on. Madagascar forcing peace upon entire alliance - m'kay, ban from alliance. But India?! I'm at peace with everyone seconds after I liberate India! Screw this, I'm installing Diablo 3.

Unless the Diablo servers are down. ;)

Ok, hopefully this will be some constructive info for the mod designer. I'm playing a game as the UK at the 1945 start.
1. I found it odd that the UK didn't have any radar stations built.
2. There were several events that happened that I was surprised that I didn't have any say in if they occurred or not: Release of Burma, intervention in Greece, or withdrawal from Iran.
3. Since Greece was in the alliance I could send expeditionary forces and take control of their army. I enjoyed being able to have a hand in stopping Communist Greece. Is there a way to have the USSR react somehow to me sending expeditionary forces to Greece? Since I clearly was aiding Greece, I'd think the USSR would not be happy.
4. I refused Libya's and Burma's request for independence. Libya was still occupied by me whereas Burma was just a puppet. This gave me some dissent, which I'm glad, but I was hoping that some kind of revolt would take place in those territories. The revolt risk only increased in Britain, but not in the occupied country which was odd. Is there a way to change this?
5. Didn't get a choice in releasing Iraq although they were already a puppet which I assume means that they have a choice as to when to leave.
6. I united India and Pakistan which didn't seem to cause any problems (wish they would have done this in real life!). Is there any consequence to staying in India outside of some dissent increase?
7. I was forced to end the mandate in Palestine but I did get a choice as to how to divide it up, which again I liked. I could have stayed though, but by then my dissent was already pretty high since I had held on to a few territories that wanted independence before that point.

Final points: It's 1954 right now and so far there hasn't been a lot of action for the UK. The Korean war began, but I didn't get a choice to intervene after the UN vote. It didn't look like the US got involved so I'm guessing that's why I couldn't get in. I would have liked to have a choice to stick my nose into it. Maybe to the displeasure of the USSR as well as the US. It'd be cool if there was an event chain to have the UK decide to go there own way in the world as opposed to be tied to the US. Communist China declared war on Nat. China but I didn't get any chance to help there either. Again, it would have been nice to get involved with some negative consequence.

Other than those two events, nothing else really happened. What is the benefit of clinging onto the colonies? The resources in those territories already seem pretty low, especially in Africa. Would there be a way to "develop" those countries in order to bring out some new resources? Adding infrastructure and industry possibly? Maybe some decisions to spend X amount of dollars to improve the colonies. These decisions could also cause the colonies not to want to leave or maybe only request some limited independence. Maybe they could request autonomy but wish to stay within the Commonwealth?

You've done a great job with the mod so far. Unfortunately HoI really is a war simulator so it doesn't simulate peace very well. Keep up the good work!

Since the "New German Leadership" to rebuild the army defensive wants.
Is research on self-protection!
Anti-radar-technology....absorber-materials. Electronic-counter-measures (ECM)
The Bell.... U.S.-Pilots called it FOO-Fighters.
Radio-interference-Tank and Radio-interference-Devise for U-Boot`s and Airplanes.
Just a research on protective shild !
Quantum-Gravity and Field-Fusion is to confuse;)

Last edited:
Whoa, my 1024x600 screenie is far too little to handle quantum tech discussions. You guys could be making an Alpha Centauri port for DH (I would be surprised if nobody tried to do it for HoI series).

D. Meyer, I really can't help in another project (NWO2 is not the only thing I'm occupied with ATM). If you want to use some material from NWO2 to branch out some advanced tech stuff, feel free to grab what interest you. You may also ask in other threads, if you haven't done so.

Napalm Eddie, I'll review all your points again when at home. They'll look very useful and precise but I feel more asleep that I thought I'll be :eek:hmy:

Hey,
they are planing a mod to leave the earth (Proj.Blue Danube) Without
Quantum-gravity-technology... (I love english humor). That´s is not
a la firefly, that´s is Monty Pyton`s Flying Circus ?!
Sorry.... is Father`s Day in Germany ( holiday )..... hick`s
LOFL

That was funny because the guy who's developing Project Blue Danube is just above this comment (yours)

Have you thought much about Alt History Bizon? Not to the point where Germany wins ww2 but just after, things like the empires/colonies being maintained or the UN not really taking off, or NATO being refused. Or my personal favourite, If France joined the Commonwealth like it requested to do after the Suez Crises and the foolish Anthony Eden actually said yes?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealth_of_Nations

The actual quote because it's buried deep in the page

"At the time of the Suez Crisis in 1956, in the face of colonial unrest and international tensions, French Prime Minister Guy Mollet proposed to British Prime Minister Anthony Eden that their two countries be joined in a "union". When that proposal was turned down, Mollet suggested that France be allowed to join the Commonwealth, with "a common citizenship arrangement on the Irish basis."
After both proposals had been rejected, in 1957 France signed the Treaty of Rome with West Germany and the other founding nations of the Common Market, later to become the European Union, which the United Kingdom joined in 1973. Malta and Cyprus, also Commonwealth members, joined in 2004."

anyway back to actual real work, has the space race mod been added fully yet? i can't wait to do it as China :D

That was funny because the guy who's developing Project Blue Danube is just above this comment (yours)

Have you thought much about Alt History Bizon? Not to the point where Germany wins ww2 but just after, things like the empires/colonies being maintained or the UN not really taking off, or NATO being refused. Or my personal favourite, If France joined the Commonwealth like it requested to do after the Suez Crises and the foolish Anthony Eden actually said yes?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealth_of_Nations

The actual quote because it's buried deep in the page

"At the time of the Suez Crisis in 1956, in the face of colonial unrest and international tensions, French Prime Minister Guy Mollet proposed to British Prime Minister Anthony Eden that their two countries be joined in a "union". When that proposal was turned down, Mollet suggested that France be allowed to join the Commonwealth, with "a common citizenship arrangement on the Irish basis."
After both proposals had been rejected, in 1957 France signed the Treaty of Rome with West Germany and the other founding nations of the Common Market, later to become the European Union, which the United Kingdom joined in 1973. Malta and Cyprus, also Commonwealth members, joined in 2004."

anyway back to actual real work, has the space race mod been added fully yet? i can't wait to do it as China :D

Hi razorbird 789, a good indication! Perhaps you will see my ad in the forum "Hitler Putsch" and
you occurs to some? The economic and political development of Western Europe should
be an important part of this mod.

Standard Game of Nazi Germany so far.

1: Case Green appeared way before the annexation of the Sudetanland events took place. Took it and invaded Czechoslovakia.
2: Poland and Danzing events never took place, had to manual war them with the Soviets.
3: No events took place responding to my war with Poland, had to manual war France when the Japanese did Pearl Harbour in 1941.
4: After the Low Countries are gone, Capitulation of Belgium event fired for UK, game froze.
5: Cheat annexed Belgium, didn't crash. Continued to France, the Event where I annex decide on France happens. I choose to annex the North. *EDIT* Seems to be coming from the event titled "L'Etat Francais"
6: France Accepts, Game freezes.

That's about it so far. It doesn't show any messages, it just freezes and I can't unfreeze it without closing the game down. Thanks a bunch, great mod otherwise

Last edited:
Hello. I stumbled upon your mod more or less by accident and liked the premise. But before investing any actual playtime into it, I decided to run a handsoff game as Liberia, to see how the world handles itself. I let it run from the beginning of 1945 scenario until march 1957, settings normal/normal, and here is what happened. I didn't look at any event files and I didn't read the whole thread, so if anything has happened due to AI picking 1% event chance or if it has been fixed already, pardon me for bringing it up. ;)

Divided geographically for comprehension sake.

Europe

Generally ok, no wacky DOWs or major ahistorical stuff, kudos!
Two Germanies formed from respective occupation zones with no problems, neutral Austria appeared, great job. Except that Federal Germany claimed former german lands east of Oder-Niesse line until 1970 iirc, it might be better to leave them with claims on that land.
Greek civil war was less than stellar. Communist greece dowed regular Greece and peaced with rest of Allies, so far so good. Commies managed to snatch Kozani and divide Greece in two, then events crippled them and Greece pushed them to just Ioannina, and then proceeded to do nothing whatsoever until I turned the game off. Maybe AI played gamey trick and abused the reduced CG while being at war, but I think that is rather improbable. :D Not sure what to do to make AI enter empty enemy provinces? Tone the aggressiveness up?
Czechoslovakia still has in 1957 Edvard Benes as head of state, with Jan Masaryk being foreign minister. They both died in 1948. Also, there was no hungarian revolution in 1956. Considering that it was a major uprising and Soviets had to send in the army to restore order, I found it quite surprising.
I can't congratulate you enough on keeping Europe stable, but I feel that East is a bit bland at the moment and countries there could use some events dealing with purges, resistance to commies, collectivization and such.
And a pet peeve. It has no effect on gameplay, but my brain hurt from all the communist this and communist that countries. Really, official names like People's republic of whatever would be zillion times better :mad: ;)

America

Didn't pay any attention to it, just noticed some events about civil wars in banana republics. Nothing major happening there is imo a good thing, another historically accurate area, great job.

Middle East

All went well until Israel and Palestine appeared in 1948. UK went with partition along UN lines, Gaza strip went to Egypt, Palestine got Jerusalem and Akko, Israel got Tel Aviv, Haffa and Eilat. Palestine then DOWed Israel and was annexed promptly. Then Egypt, Jordan, Syria and Lebanon DOW Israel, in that order. Israel managed to handle them, mostly held lines while making minor forays into Jordan, but then Iraq joins in, bringing all the Allies to the party. Israel is then bombed and annexed by France in about a week.
The Israel-Arab conflict started off very well and looked promising, until Iraq ruined it. Maybe removing Iraq from Allies would do the trick for the scenario? It was a british puppet at the time, however full military alliance doesn't make much sense. There were no Iraqi contingents in for instance Korea. I say kick Iraq out.

India

Raj split into India, Pakistan and Kashmir, Burma goes independent, no problems there really. Only when Pakistan annexed Kashmir, India didn't do anything. Imo there really should be a conflict. And Pakistan consistently throughout the game had more numerous army than India, that doesn't seem realistic.

Indochina+indonesia

Dutch East Indies first almost eliminated Indonesia and then was annexed by event. As it should be.
French colonies gained independence one after another, in 1957 still no French-Commie Vietnam conflict.

China

Splendid, superb, cannot be praised enough. Absolutely accurate. Civil war started in early 1946. Nationalists put up a great fight in the start, they held Beijing and almost managed to push Commies from Yunnan/Shanxi area, but then slowly crumbled from commie partisans and dissent wreaking havoc in their hinterland and got pushed to Taiwan in early 1949.
However, in 1950, just as the Korean war started, Chicom DOWs Taiwan again, not due to event, and proceeds to bomb them to stone age. They spend the rest of the game at war, with Taiwanese IC constantly bombed and equaling a grand total of zero. Which is... weird. An event for Taiwan and USA, giving the former an INT force and other military aid, representing the fleet guarding the straits, is imo needed.

Oh, and Mongolia has a core on a province in central China, id iirc 1310. I guess it is a mistake, just pointing it out.

Korea

Korean war started in early 1950 as it should. North Korea, despite having 20:6 advantage in divs, does noting for a month, when reinforcements for the South arrive. With equal numbers, both sides stare at each other for the next three years. Except that Southern TACs bombed Northern IC before soviet planes could arrive, which left North with 3/0 effective IC. They were thus unable to reinforce or even supply their army. Maybe there could be some event-driven trades for China and Soviets, giving North supplies? Or southern tendency to stratbomb could be toned down. Giving North INTs won't really do anything, they had three wings and didn't use them once. Anyway, war ended in 1953 with stalemate. In my book a good result, both koreas survived, which is historical, so... kudos once again.
After the end of the war, both sides kept their respective event-gifted reinforcements.
In 1955, North again DOWed south, and had its IC bombed to 0. Front was stalemated until the end of game.

A misc thing, Eritrea went to Ethiopia in 1951. It stayed with Britain in my game.

About the nukes, I have an idea. You could disable the Nuke mission for everyone. Player country would get player-specific decision or event at the beginning of the game, activating nuke mission. This would enable player to nuke with abandon.
Then make a set of AI specific decisions for each nuclear power. The decision would become available if one nuclear power was at war with another nuclear power, and would enable the Nuke mission if triggered. That way, AI won't be able to nuke little insurgents or Partisans, but WW3 could get very hot. Who is or isn't nuclear power could be tracked via country-specific flags. Once country reached certain nuke tech level, it would get a USA_NUKELEVEL7 or such flag, making them legitimate targets for nukes.
For example, ai USA can't nuke Vietnam, because it can't use nuke mission. But if nuclear-armed China or SU DOWs USA, ai triggers said decision and can nuke 'em all till they glow. Of course, SU or China would be able to return the favor, via triggering their decisions, 'cause they are currently at war with another nuclear power, namely USA.
something like this, for example for soviets:
Code:
country = SOV
trigger = and {   {flag=SOV_NUKELEVEL7}
                  {flag=USA_NUKELEVEL7}
                  {war = USA}  }
actiona = { command = {type = enablemission_nuke} }
indicating that SU is a nuclear power, that USA is nuclear power and that SOV is at war with USA, with the effect of enabling NUKES! for SOV.
Each country would need a load of those for all other potential nuclear countries, but nevertheless, it could work. Obviously, it is one time limitation only, after nuking is activated, it stays on, but I don't see much of a problem with this. After WW3, your game is mostly over anyway.

Phew, that is longer than expected. Hopefully it will be of some use. AI seems reasonable enough to avoid brutally ahistorical and random stuff, so I will definately try the mod more ;)

Last edited: