• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
O.K., so all the wars still need to be added? Cool.

Hoping to see the Greek Civil War/Kashmir Wars/Israeli Conflicts/Korean War/Vietnam Wars/Chinese Civil War/Sino-Vietnamese War added eventually!

I repeated these exact steps and it works here :p It's really really suspicious :) I'll try to guess what's wrong tomorrow.

Meanwhile, at what point does the game refuse to work? If you make an exact copy of "Darkest Hour Full" mod dir and try to run the mod "Darkest Hour Full - Copy", does it crash then? Or does it work and starts making problems as soon as you copy NWO2 files there?

I tried to fire it up just after copying.

The mod called "Darkest Hour Full - Copy" works well, so does the mod after renaming it to "New World Order 2".

After I extract the mod files to the new folder and replace existing files, I am still able to start up the game. The "Excel file not found" error occurs in the backround of the loading screen when I try to start a scenario, no matter which one i choose.

My checksum is VWYT.

I repeated these exact steps and it works here :p It's really really suspicious :) I'll try to guess what's wrong tomorrow.

Meanwhile, at what point does the game refuse to work? If you make an exact copy of "Darkest Hour Full" mod dir and try to run the mod "Darkest Hour Full - Copy", does it crash then? Or does it work and starts making problems as soon as you copy NWO2 files there?
The pop-ups for confirmation that I want to overwrite the DH - Copy files with those in the NWO files do pop up and I let them get overwritten.

The game does start up and I start in the NWO scenario, it crashes on loading.

EDIT: What the... now even my Kaiserreich games won't work? The hell? Crap, better reinstall, there goes ALL my saves again.

Last edited:
I have no problem with my instalation.

Is all events from New World Order has been moved to this mode?

Why when I'm playing Poland I've got decision to create Austria and West Germany?

Is there any event about creation of Israel and any about Middle East? If not, maybe I can help you with that.

I have noticed that some of the secret weapons tech (computers 7150 7160 16000 16040 and rocket interceptor 7020) are deactivated when looking into the saved file however I have rocket interceptor 7020 and basis computers 7140. I have corrected this in my saved game. Just though I should let you know. BTW I am playing the UK!

Is all events from New World Order has been moved to this mode?

Why when I'm playing Poland I've got decision to create Austria and West Germany?

Is there any event about creation of Israel and any about Middle East? If not, maybe I can help you with that.

He said above he still needs to port most major events.
It's post WWII, the creation of Austria and West Germany were historic ones.

He said above he still needs to port most major events.
It's post WWII, the creation of Austria and West Germany were historic ones.

Yes, but country such Poland didn't has any influence for this event so in my opinion for most of the countries this event should be trigger.
This should be decision for USA or GB.

Yes, but country such Poland didn't has any influence for this event so in my opinion for most of the countries this event should be trigger.
This should be decision for USA or GB.

I think that's one of the events that spark in the beginning that everybody chooses regardless if you are a minor or not (i.e. early India, East/West Germany, etc., etc.).

Yeah, I still have to port all those events. For now I already see that there are some events to be slept, some to be edited (there shouldn't be a chance to create Germany in 1945 without consent of all the major powers, and surely Poland shouldn't be able to do it :p ). Some events have to be enabled (secret techs events). The events from DH Full are for now left as they are and this causes problems. I'll take care of those bugs tomorrow.

Porting NWO1 events is not a small thing of copy-pasting because:
- provinces changed (this could be automatically converted but still)
- minister ids changed (so I have to create new minister files first)
- some events are just begging to be converted to decisions
- I'd like to use inline triggers (inside commands) that are huge help and negate necessity of many additional events
- I'd like to take advantage of new, bigger event pictures
- tags for communist Eastern Europes makes things more handy but is one more thing to remember about
- there's a whole mobilization scheme I still have to really grasp from the coding point of view.

For now you have a core of the mod so you won't feel it's vaporware but there's not much more :) I suppose the current schedule of steps for the whole mod is:
- correct things from DH Full (events from IIWW that still fire in 1945, weird decisions)
- sweep through AI and domestic policies to prevent ahistorical DoWs / military buildup
- convert minister files and merge with NWO1 minister data (no election events yet)
- get country-specific events running
- convert decolonization system
- convert events like space race, european integration, etc.
- get surrender events done (they are not a top priority because I'm not sure if and how I could link them with the current "auto-liberate" system in place but they'll come at some point)
- add 1953 scenario.

For now, I note the most urgent feedback :)

And about events and wars: almost all of the things you mentioned are going to be there, surely everything NWO1 had. But don't cross your fingers for Vietnam, it generally took place after the timeline and I have to self-restrain myself not to include everything. :)

EDIT: Clarification about Vietnam: I'm OK with First Indochina War (until 1954) and general tensions between two Vietnams, I'd like to include it somehow. But the full-scale US military support came in mid-60s. So I'm not sure if it's going to be the state of war between two countries or only some event chain. The fact that the frontline in Vietnam is going to be one-province wide doesn't help. The cold war proxy wars are really better suited for battlescenarios with alternative maps.

Last edited:
My very fast game speed and extrem game speed are same is it only me or anybody have also?

They look the same to me, as well, but I guess it's a subtle difference (on a quad-core processor, FYI).

But don't cross your fingers for Vietnam, it generally took place after the timeline and I have to self-restrain myself not to include everything.

I don't see how Hearts of Iron could even accurately represent 'Nam. The U.S. lands a few divisions, wins in a month or two, game over.