• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
AdanALW, editing CSV files for ministers is rather straightforward. If you edit the enddates, the only problem I could imagine would be to use something different than Excel and save the file under different coding or remove some cell delimiters. If there's some problem with triggers maybe you can post your event text that creates problems?

Sure. This is my first attempt at a trigger, so I'm sure I'm messing up somehting obvious.

BTW, You may be right about editing the CSV files. I used OpenOffice, not Excel. But now my PC has a video card problem, so while I can play the game, I can't stay in Windows too long to edit the files because it crashes. I have a MacBook laptop, but no Excel for that (do they make Excel for Mac?)

In any case, here is the script I tried:

PHP:
# Stalin resigns
event = {
	id = 8014205
	country = SOV

name = EVT_8014205_NAME
	desc = EVT_8014205_DESC
	picture = "nwo\death_of_stalin"
	style = 1

trigger = {
		OR = {
			headofstate = 30011
			headofgovernment = 30002
		}
	}

date = { day = 5 month = july year = 1955 }
	offset = 1
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = august year = 1955 }

action = {
		name = EVT_8014205_A
		ai_chance = 100
		command = { type = set_domestic which = democratic value = 1 }
		command = { type = set_domestic which = political_left value = 9 }
		command = { type = headofstate which = 485106 } # Panteleimon Ponomarenko
		command = { type = headofgovernment which = 30085 } # Gregory M. Malenkov
		command = { type = armamentminister which = 940004 } # Maksim Z. Subarov
		command = { type = ministerofsecurity which = 30318 } # Mikhail Suslov
		command = { type = foreignminister which = 30021 } # Vyacheslav M. Molotov
		command = { type = chiefofarmy which = 30008 } # Kliment Y. Voroshilov
		command = { type = sleepminister which = 30002 } # Iosif V. Stalin
		command = { type = sleepminister which = 30011 } # Iosif V. Stalin
		command = { type = sleepminister which = 30046 } # Iosif V. Stalin
		command = { type = sleepminister which = 30076 } # Iosif V. Stalin
		command = { type = sleepminister which = 30304 } # Iosif V. Stalin
		command = { type = sleepminister which = 30305 } # Iosif V. Stalin
		command = { type = sleepminister which = 30309 } # Iosif V. Stalin
		command = { type = sleepminister which = 30144 } # Iosif V. Stalin
	}
}

### Succession after Stalin's resignation

# Fate of the Soviet Union
event = {
	id = 8014250
	country = SOV

name = EVT_8014250_NAME
	desc = EVT_8014250_DESC
	picture = nwo\succession_of_stalin
	style = 1

trigger = {
		flag = cold_war
	}

date = { day = 1 month = august year = 1955 }
	offset = 14
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = august year = 1955 }

# Ponomarenko (5% probability of dissent)
	action = {
		name = EVT_8014250_A
		ai_chance = 70
		command = { type = set_domestic which = free_market value = 1 }
		command = { type = set_domestic which = freedom value = 2 }

command = { type = headofstate which = 485106 } # Panteleimon Ponomarenko
		command = { type = headofgovernment which = 30085 } # Georgy M. Malenkov

command = { type = sleepevent which = 8014252 }
	}

# Malenkov, Molotov (10% probability of dissent)
	action = {
		name = EVT_8014250_B
		ai_chance = 10
		command = { type = set_domestic which = democratic value = 2 }
		command = { type = set_domestic which = political_left value = 10 }
		command = { type = set_domestic which = freedom value = 2 }

command = { type = headofstate which = 30012 } # Vyacheslav Molotov

command = { type = sleepevent which = 8014251 }
	}

# Beria (10% probability of dissent)
	action = {
		name = EVT_8014250_C
		ai_chance = 10
		command = { type = set_domestic which = political_left value = 8 }
		command = { type = set_domestic which = free_market value = 4 }
		command = { type = set_domestic which = freedom value = 1 }

command = { type = headofstate which = 30077 } # Kliment Y. Voroshilov

command = { type = sleepevent which = 8014251 }
	}

# Zhukov (5% probability of dissent)
	action = {
		name = EVT_8014250_D
		ai_chance = 10
		command = { type = set_domestic which = freedom value = 1 }

command = { type = headofstate which = 30218 } # Georgiy K. Zhukov

command = { type = sleepevent which = 8014252 }
	}
}

Can you tell exactly how did you fixed the nuking problem on AI's side? Maybe there's some idea that I could use?

I went into the AI files for each decade and changed the "max_reactor =*" to max_reactor = 10 (or whatever it is called, my bad if it is not called max_reactor) and construction factors(changed from .050 to .200) to make the AI try to get to level 10 and have the IC to do it. In the case of the USSR, the AI did not necessarily rush level 10, but they did build to level 9 most of the time (1945 start). In games that have WW3 spark after the Cuban Missile Crisis, I feel that the Soviets should build more long-range bombers and ICBMs to represent the USSR's ability to strike increasing with time.

AdanALW, your event script look OK. Ponomarenko is not the part of the default Soviet setup but I suppose you make an edit to the ministers CSV file for USSR to add him in too?
So it's possible that it's a minister file that causes a crash. Maybe you can try to use something as simple as Notepad to add a minister or change an enddate? It sure won't be handy for mass edits but at least you can see if it's OpenOffice that creates problems or not.

th3redmenace said:
I went into the AI files for each decade and changed the "max_reactor =*" to max_reactor = 10 (or whatever it is called, my bad if it is not called max_reactor) and construction factors(changed from .050 to .200) to make the AI try to get to level 10 and have the IC to do it. In the case of the USSR, the AI did not necessarily rush level 10, but they did build to level 9 most of the time (1945 start). In games that have WW3 spark after the Cuban Missile Crisis, I feel that the Soviets should build more long-range bombers and ICBMs to represent the USSR's ability to strike increasing with time.

Maybe it's worth going for... USSR with their huge army banging against division limits surely could use some additional construction focus.

Bizon

I uploaded new version of SOV ministers file.
It was remade with adding some new ministers (with photo), correcting some mistakes, but I didn't add Panteleimon Ponomarenko in this file.

And do you know about doubled foreign minister Andrey Gromyko in current version (2.2.4)?
I'll advise you delete one of them (preferably delete #30326 and retain #30088). :)

Attachments

• USSR NWO 2.rar
    15,4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Question - what non-super power nation is best to play? I have looked at Italy, but there are a lot of leaders that should not be there, etc... Which nations are the most "done"? Thanks for any input.

Question - what non-super power nation is best to play? I have looked at Italy, but there are a lot of leaders that should not be there, etc... Which nations are the most "done"? Thanks for any input.
Well developed: West Germany, East Germany, all Chinese states, Poland.

Italy - you can small remake this update for postwar era
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?719191-Project-Italy

North Korea, Japan, Nationalist China, France can be good. As a good starter maybe Israel.
Many collaborators from Vichy France available in post-war scenarios.

I played Israel from 1950 to 1964. It was very easy, but lots of ministers have end date in 1964.

Lp17O.png

SKnHU.jpg

Last edited:
What's the reasoning behind the elections for Germany and other countries just being random events where you go left or go right?
I literally didn't get a whole election cycle for Germany and the choices are rather bare. It would be nice to have actually parties you can elect to power so if for example a human player elected the communists, they would be more friendly to the east and maybe the west would do something, or elect far-right parties, or something. As it stands it makes Germany really boring and I can't imagine France is very fun either.

How is 2.2.5 coming along? What can we expect in this release?

I'm aiming for 2 weeks time. I mainly have to sweep through the posts and add eeex's and FCZP's suggestions.

Should someone maybe edit the historical end date of these ministers to their actual death dates?

Maybe :) It's not a nice task, at least for any new minister added I put a historical date.

What's the reasoning behind the elections for Germany and other countries just being random events where you go left or go right?
I literally didn't get a whole election cycle for Germany and the choices are rather bare. It would be nice to have actually parties you can elect to power so if for example a human player elected the communists, they would be more friendly to the east and maybe the west would do something, or elect far-right parties, or something. As it stands it makes Germany really boring and I can't imagine France is very fun either.

It's how HoI election events were traditionally structured and it's mostly to give place to similar faces in the cabinet. The game would perhaps benefit from more robust political system (HoI3 has parties) and less detail with so many ministers (HoI4 seems to fix it) but it's hard to do this in DH because it's 100% event based.

I guess I understand the limitations of the political system, and I suppose that if you had more options for elections it would cause an infinite branch of possibilities in events, but couldn't the election events at least occur at historical points in time instead of floating about with a mean time to happen and sometimes never occurring?
Do the elections even do anything though except for the big powers? If I go left or right as Germany does it change anything? I'm not complaining if it doesn't and I'm less likely to care if it has no effect.

hi Bizon.
let me introduce myself, i'm from Indonesia.
this is first mod that i install on my DH. and i play Indonesia :p in NWO 1945 scenarios.
NWO2 was a great mod. but, there is something that disturbing me :(
this is my review when i play as Indonesia

- Ruling Cabinet & its minister is wrong (maybe Vanilla DH is already wrong for picking Indonesian Cabinet & its minister. there also minister from Dutch East Indies, which shouldnt be a minister in Indonesian Cabinet)

- Army/Navy/Air Force Leader also wrong, there is a leader that not yet Born at that time. (ex. Prabowo is 60+ years old in 2014, he must be using time machine to get back in 1945 :p ) and army leader from Dutch East Indies shouldnt be there too. this is also wrong in DH Vanilla.

- unit names is still using Dutch Language.

if you want to add / change things related to Indonesia, you can ask for help from me. I can help you in terms of the cabinet and ministers, armed forces leader, tech team, historical events, unit names or everything about Indonesia. i will gladly help you. :D

I guess I understand the limitations of the political system, and I suppose that if you had more options for elections it would cause an infinite branch of possibilities in events, but couldn't the election events at least occur at historical points in time instead of floating about with a mean time to happen and sometimes never occurring?
Do the elections even do anything though except for the big powers? If I go left or right as Germany does it change anything? I'm not complaining if it doesn't and I'm less likely to care if it has no effect.

MTTH is so modern! 99% of elections are correct only with regards of year. As for month/day I don't have time to research such precise data and even then I don't know should I follow elections date (first round/second round?) or inaguration date. For some countries I merge presidential/parliamentary elections or ignore short-term government changes so it's really a different level of detail.

hi Bizon.
let me introduce myself, i'm from Indonesia.
this is first mod that i install on my DH. and i play Indonesia :p in NWO 1945 scenarios.
NWO2 was a great mod. but, there is something that disturbing me :(
this is my review when i play as Indonesia

- Ruling Cabinet & its minister is wrong (maybe Vanilla DH is already wrong for picking Indonesian Cabinet & its minister. there also minister from Dutch East Indies, which shouldnt be a minister in Indonesian Cabinet)

- Army/Navy/Air Force Leader also wrong, there is a leader that not yet Born at that time. (ex. Prabowo is 60+ years old in 2014, he must be using time machine to get back in 1945 :p ) and army leader from Dutch East Indies shouldnt be there too. this is also wrong in DH Vanilla.

- unit names is still using Dutch Language.

if you want to add / change things related to Indonesia, you can ask for help from me. I can help you in terms of the cabinet and ministers, armed forces leader, tech team, historical events, unit names or everything about Indonesia. i will gladly help you. :D

Hi gnometa! Things that you mentioned are taken from vanilla so if you have any suggestion, I'd be thankful for you input. The only thing I devoted more time to in case of Indonesia was the civil war of the late 40s. It was a painstaking process to make it interesting, fluid and acceptably balanced. If you have any suggestion though, let me know. Changes concerning names and surnames are 100% welcome, they won't disturb anything :)

Also please change the end and retirement year of Ludwig Erhard (Federal Germany) #630042 from 1963 to 1968, otherwise Helmut Kohl becomes HoG.

eeeex

What is the earliest scenario to play to the 1990s? 1914, 1933 or 1936?
I think it's 1933 but I can't check at the moment.

How can I check?
Besides starting up the game and checking,there aren't any other methods I know of (looking through the game's files,maybe?).