• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well it all depends on how you want it to look like, but let me give some suggestions to think about:

Problem is that it's unbalanced in favor of the allies unless there are ICBMs since USSR can't overcome their air superiority. Delivery is USSR's primary disadvantage not the nuke numbers, but still I'd suggest making USSR's nuclear program event driven so even with bad AI USSR would have 10 reactors.

Few more ideas:

1)Decreasing this in misc.txt:
Code:
# Nukes production rate modifier. Higher this is, longer it takes to get a new nuke.
	200.0 #80.0
2)Combine current system with MDS one. Current system would apply, but when certain conditions are met (like allies capturing Moscow) events could give ICBMs to start all-out exchange.
3)Bomber\Missile focus air doctrines could trigger an event which would give start bombers/missiles in case of nuclear war.
4)I'm not sure what's the goal of MIRV attachments but if anything MIRV tech should primarly increase nuke damage.

Yep, I'll start by giving ICBMs under proper conditions.

About all other shortcomings, Israeli and Indian theatres will again work in the next version. And it should be yet slightly easier for Communists to win in China because I made it harder for Nationalists to cut off Mao's forces in Manchuria (the front breaks = Manchuria is cut off = huge amounts of units there get no supply = very cheap way of winning the war).

I'll be releasing the 2.2.4 soon, as soon as I receive the next batch of unit pictures from derekg :)

ei bizon! in fact already have on my page uploaded the file! so when you want!
we look forward to the 2.2.4 !!
ah! by the way! do not forget to download and add the file "config" is on my page also with translation into Spanish and hundreds of names for new models

:happy::happy: Greetings!!

Is this mod altering the AI files for world war II? I've noticed that the Soviet Union sometimes declares war on the UK in 1939/40.

That one is quite frequent in my games too. I think it may be vanilla issue but i am not sure as i didn't play vanilla for a long time. My solution is to put AI aggressiveness on low. As i don't really like ahistorical wars for AI, lower aggressiveness doesn't affect my games.

ei bizon! in fact already have on my page uploaded the file! so when you want!
we look forward to the 2.2.4 !!
ah! by the way! do not forget to download and add the file "config" is on my page also with translation into Spanish and hundreds of names for new models

:happy::happy: Greetings!!

Great! So I'm packing things up and today I'll upload the new version.

It's been tested more than any recent release that I remember so I hope it's going to play much better.

About the AI files... there is an event file 'ai_switches.txt' and each of events has the starting date of 1945. I think you can take a look at the next version, maybe it has something to do with bogus Stalin's personalities?

I've downloaded the new 2.2.4 and the game just crashes.. when looking at the savedebug the game stops at loading the event #8015840. Is there something we can do?

Beside the latest suggestions I have some things I want to metion (but I still don't know if they are metioned before).

- I really would appreciate a 1945 steath bomber tech to offer a opportunity to include the Horten IX (and its big brother). It really could have affected the course of war. (Source: Youtube)
- Postwar West-Germany has no claims on the north of East Prussia.
- If the allies manage to conquer Germany until its 1937 eastern borders, they should be able to release FRG with real cores on their eastern provinces.

My game crashes at startup - renamed this file and it doesn't crash anymore.

C:\Games\Darkest Hour\Mods\nwo_224\db\units\brigades/b_11 (bugged) to /b_11

EDIT: Shame on me thought it solved the problem, truth is I loaded an old save game and that's why I thought it solved the problem for me, but it hasn't :(

EDIT2: Okay I managed to load up the game just fine but only when I deleted the McCarthyism events (I don't know why they cause the game to crash), and I noticed that you forgot the file I posted earlier in here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?561583-New-World-Order-2&p=17814593&viewfull=1#post17814593 which is importand for the Hungarian Revolution when you start the game in the 1956 scenario.

Last edited:
Many thanks for the new version :)

1945 scenario:
USA should have the SS doctrines up to 1944 representing their succesful Pacific submarine campaign, currently they don't even have those from World War I. They also should have the CAS doctrines from the early 1940s.
USA air models are those from 1945, but they don't have the respective techs. They should have the techs I think.
Delete from USA OOB: 39th Infantry,76th Infantry,69th Infantry-those were deactivated prior to startdate. Generally the USA OOB should be somewhat smaller because the post-war demobilization was already in full swing.
From gamelog: 1945-10-10 : 0:00 November 11, 1945 : United Kingdom went with Cling onto these lands in EVT_SELFRULE_MLY_NAME.

Many thanks for the new version :)

1945 scenario:
USA should have the SS doctrines up to 1944 representing their succesful Pacific submarine campaign, currently they don't even have those from World War I. They also should have the CAS doctrines from the early 1940s.
USA air models are those from 1945, but they don't have the respective techs. They should have the techs I think.
Delete from USA OOB: 39th Infantry,76th Infantry,69th Infantry-those were deactivated prior to startdate. Generally the USA OOB should be somewhat smaller because the post-war demobilization was already in full swing.
From gamelog: 1945-10-10 : 0:00 November 11, 1945 : United Kingdom went with Cling onto these lands in EVT_SELFRULE_MLY_NAME.

Thanks, I'll correct these!

EDIT: Shame on me thought it solved the problem, truth is I loaded an old save game and that's why I thought it solved the problem for me, but it hasn't :(

EDIT2: Okay I managed to load up the game just fine but only when I deleted the McCarthyism events (I don't know why they cause the game to crash), and I noticed that you forgot the file I posted earlier in here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?561583-New-World-Order-2&p=17814593&viewfull=1#post17814593 which is importand for the Hungarian Revolution when you start the game in the 1956 scenario.

You posted a couple of versions so I must have missed this file. I'll download it and apply today - actually the next version will be about Eastern Europe 1964-1991 so those fixes come in time.

Beside the latest suggestions I have some things I want to metion (but I still don't know if they are metioned before).

- I really would appreciate a 1945 steath bomber tech to offer a opportunity to include the Horten IX (and its big brother). It really could have affected the course of war. (Source: Youtube)
- Postwar West-Germany has no claims on the north of East Prussia.
- If the allies manage to conquer Germany until its 1937 eastern borders, they should be able to release FRG with real cores on their eastern provinces.
I remember arguing about claims in East Prussia but ok, after all I can add them and remove them along with the claims in Poland. About the tech - it may take time until I get around with CWTT legacy but I'm taking note of this. As for the releasable FRG - sure but it probably has to be done through event.

And yes, I silently updated the uploaded versions not to include the b_11 file problem :)

I get a crash on start up of the game. I managed to correctly install kaiserreich, but I can't make this mod work. I don't know why.

It isn't possible to play one game from 1914 till cold war, is it? Cause it tells me the game stops at 42 when I start at 1914.

EDIT: it suddenly works, did nothing different. Still happy though :)

Last edited:
I did some testing with new nuke events in 1959 scenario.

First of all USSR lacked couple of techs which prevented them from nuking the west:
1956 ICBM
1948 Miniaturized Fission Bomb
1951 Hydrogen Bomb

I've added them to 1959 scenario sov.inc file (http://pastebin.com/MPry5du1) and nuclear war worked out quite well :), thanks for this update.

Still, I've found two issues:

1)Event adding ICBMs can fire before event enabling nukes so AI would waste all the missiles on conventional attacks. I don't think it's likely, but that's what happened when I disabled ai = yes requirement in ICBM events.
2)USA communist revolution event triggered by very high dissent should be disabled in case of nuclear war. There is no way such thing could happen during WW3, even if these american communist wouldn't get nuked they were on FBI list of people to detain in case of war with the USSR.

Now that we have a working nuclear war if you want to improve it further you could expand on when it would get triggered, for example:

1)10% chance when war is declared
2)20% chance if either West or East Germany got annexed
3)40% chance if France (assuming they don't have their own nukes) or Poland\Romania have their capitals occupied.
4)90% chance if nuclear country have lost_national = { value = 30 }

This could be also influenced by some kind of nuclear strategy flags, so during the 50s and 60s nuclear war would be much more likely but later on more assertive approach could be viable.

Perhaps a model of ICBMs could be added with no offensives stats or capabilities other than to carry nuclear bombs. Thinking of the dedicated nuclear ballistic missiles, like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGM-30_Minuteman minuteman missiles. Would be an aside missile that the AI can only use for nukes, the other BMs used for conventional warfare.

Perhaps a model of ICBMs could be added with no offensives stats or capabilities other than to carry nuclear bombs. Thinking of the dedicated nuclear ballistic missiles, like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGM-30_Minuteman minuteman missiles. Would be an aside missile that the AI can only use for nukes, the other BMs used for conventional warfare.
Having 0 attack wouldn't matter at all for the AI as far as I know.