• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Kavaratti should be part of the British Raj, not of the UK.

Kavaratti is a British province in all DH scenarios. I think that it's because it is somewhat confusing to draw a line between the islands governed by the Raj and those done by the UK (mainly because both of them were, in the end, under UK control). I'd say to leave Kavaratti under British rule until Indian independence. Then make an event in which it has the chance to go to either India (which it did historically) or Pakistan (which had a relatively high chance to do historically due to its Muslim population). British Raj should remain confined to land territories, as it is now.

Nice! Good to catch all those events not yet covered by the mod. And there are some good quality photos as well :)

I'm currently working on a couple of bugs and there's something weird with ministers that may result in the infamous "Miklas problem" ;) I corrected the scenario file to let Sukarno lead Indonesia and cannot force the program to accept him as a head of state and I get Queen Wilhelmina instead of him. Unless I discover what may be wrong (and I tried a couple of things) I'll try a bug report on this. And around the weekend I'll have a new version with some much-needed fixes.

Nice! Good to catch all those events not yet covered by the mod. And there are some good quality photos as well :)

I'm currently working on a couple of bugs and there's something weird with ministers that may result in the infamous "Miklas problem" ;) I corrected the scenario file to let Sukarno lead Indonesia and cannot force the program to accept him as a head of state and I get Queen Wilhelmina instead of him. Unless I discover what may be wrong (and I tried a couple of things) I'll try a bug report on this. And around the weekend I'll have a new version with some much-needed fixes.

Nice :). What I read about the minister problem it sometimes can be because of ranking order in the files and the engine always takes the closest ideology person I thought, but I can imagine if you have Queen Wilhelmina as HoS with PA / SC ideology and you have a Leninist government and Sukarno is Leninist, it should take him. Quite strange indeed...hope you figure it out :). Anyways I enjoy playing the mod :).

Tim

I tried playing with changing ideology of Sukarno and it didn't help. In AoD, from which the mod grew out, ideology wasn't taken into consideration when I specified ministers in scenario file or changed them through events and usually the same happens in DH.

I could surely do without Wilhelmina in case of Indonesia but I'm not really happy with circumventing this problem because sometimes I won't be able to do this. I don't really need Wilhelmina for rebellious Indonesia but I need to retain Miklas for 1910s-1930s.

Have those two new scenarios (1950 and 1953) been added yet? Or are they gonna be in a new version?

I didn't originally plan 1950 scenario but this idea slowly comes to my head, this could promote Korean War better. Officially, I planned 1953 and 1959 scenarios. 1953 scenario should come in one of nearest releases while 1959 will follow later.

For now, I find it harder to mod due to much less free time (until around the end of March) but I try to do it anyway. The latest version, 1.7.2 brings little new content but surely fixes more errors than it brings (which already is some achievement ;) ). I still want to take a bit more time to tackle the minister problem (Miklas/Sukarno case) to find what's really wrong in what place and whether I can do something about it. Meanwhile, there's a lot of fixes and one new bigger mechanism which I once contributed to DH in its beta days: ideology switch/reunification events which help to change a country tag (to and from communist one) if country ideology changes. In some future NWO2 version I'd like to impose some constraints on countries wanting to go communist from democratic and vice versa but for now it has to suffice.

[x] start date of 1945 scenario moved forward to 2 October 1945;
[x] Lumphat (1398) is given to Cambodia in 1945 scenario and made a national province! (reported by eeeex)
[+] added ideology switch / reunification events
[+] added events and ministers for 15 new countries (LAO - MOZ, Laos - Mozambique)
[x] redesigned IC boost of several countries, USA should be now down to around 700 IC mark from 1000 IC
[x] better placement of IC in Israel
[x] VP map, which carried many errors through conversion, is replaced with the DH Full one; a couple of additions are directly entered into 1945 scenario or activated through events for earlier scenarios
[-] removed possibly game-disturbing AI preference for sending spies on minister assassination missions
[+] a set of events creating forts where viable for post-1945 conflicts added
[x] Egypt will cease to be a British puppet when 1952 Revolution fires (reported by walrus)
[x] redone ways UN Security Council meetings are triggered; fixed a bug and ensured that each eligible country gets to vote
[x] reviewed starting cabinets for 1945 scenario; Japan, Egypt, Indonesia, British Raj and Dutch East India which had no cabinets specified at mostly got their appropriate ministers
[x] all instancies of event command "sleepevent value = x" changed to "sleepevent which = x" so they now work; relates to Indonesian National Revolution, Chinese Civil War and Taiwan Straits Crisis
[x] invasion AI improved for Indonesian National Revolution
[x] Kashmir War and Israeli-Palestinian conflict should occur a bit later and with more variance in time
[x] reviewed core provinces of various countries: Tibet, Communist China, Nationalist China, Greece, Communist Greece, Communist Bulgaria, Communist Hungary, Finland, Venezuela and Israel have their core provinces changed
[x] a couple of changes made to reduce volatility of Israeli-Arab and Kashmir conflicts
[x] inserted missing text for Costs of Marshall Plan event
[+] added 2 colonial unrest events

I didn't originally plan 1950 scenario but this idea slowly comes to my head, this could promote Korean War better. Officially, I planned 1953 and 1959 scenarios. 1953 scenario should come in one of nearest releases while 1959 will follow later.
My bad, I met 1953 and 1957. :laugh:
But a 1950 scenario would be cool too.

What specifically would you like us to check/report on in this version?

My "todo" list, copied from this thread's messages, is already very long so I'm afraid to ask for more :p Just suggest/report what do you wish. I'll post today an updated roadmap for the project (I keep it for myself, it's posted in reference archive, btw) so you may know what's not working because I haven't finished it yet and what should be already done and working correctly.

Oki, here it is:
1.7.x
- decolonization process - African/Asian/American countries declaring independence
- country-specific events, excluding UXX countries
- Abadan Crisis
- finishing 1945 scenario setup
1.8.x
- 1953 scenario
- end of WW2 event chains
- space race
- European integration
- formation of NATO / Warsaw Pact
- country-specific events (communist countries and colonial countries)
- Hungarian Revolution
1.9.x
- Setting up nuclear advantage
- 1959 scenario
- AI
- Warsaw Uprising
- Tito Uprising
- Free City of Trieste
2.0.x
- fine-tuning demobilization
- events keeping Eastern Bloc together
- 1950 scenario?
2.1.x
- additional leaders
- additional tech teams

It's not some sacred unchangeable list and things may be added/moved here and there's no guarantee of when I'm going to complete specific version. Also, there's a long list of error reports to cover. But if you wonder if lack of some feature is my overlook or a thing yet-to-be-included, it's going to help you.

Last edited:
Why is Philippe Pétain the head of France in 1955, when he's suppose to be dead? Or, François Darlan and Charles Huntziger?
I don't believe the game takes deaths into account...unless you do it manually of course.

I am currently having issues with getting this mod to utilize the Event Cheats I've got on the forums.

I have attempted the usual route of editing the events.txt file in the mod's db, by placing the cheats in the events folder. That didn't work. Then I tried placing them in the NWO folder in the events directory. That didn't work.

I'm likely missing something simple.

I am currently having issues with getting this mod to utilize the Event Cheats I've got on the forums.

I have attempted the usual route of editing the events.txt file in the mod's db, by placing the cheats in the events folder. That didn't work. Then I tried placing them in the NWO folder in the events directory. That didn't work.

I'm likely missing something simple.

Like placing reference to the inserted file in "Mods\New World Order 2\db\events.txt"? :) You didn't mention doing it so it's probably a culprit.

I don't understant, until the last two updates of your incredible mod, I can't play any factions, it closes just before I should begin to play?

Do you get some error message? Did you try a fresh install over DH Full 1.02?

Why is Philippe Pétain the head of France in 1955, when he's suppose to be dead? Or, François Darlan and Charles Huntziger?

Ouch, so the Miklas problem is more serious than I thought. I promise to take care of it asap, it's an unintended bug which I cannot easily solve but of course I find a way to do it.

little feedback
32 manpower at Rostock - Com. Germany

I can manually solve such things, noted.

Hi,
I noticed an issue while playing Italy, namely that sometimes the government changing event turns the state into non-democratic, like here:

I didn't notice at first, that they even have claims on Yugoslavia, so you should check that as well. This happened in 1958, IIRC.

Keep up the good work, btw.

Cheers